Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ausfish Barra Diary

Re: Ausfish Barra Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Thanks Pete......Im only going to report in the Diary...I figure it's a good central point to go to for others to read without having to scan 47 different threads about the same thing......Im at the stage with taking Piccies of PB's only there are only so many photo's of Barra you can have.....Anything to do with Monduran I will be reporting in The Barra Diary.....Good Luck Pete down the track....Whitto
    Cheers Whitto,

I'm still taking pics of every one that I catch........

Did you get them on the new Egrell BeaR Spin4Barra?

What time of day was the magic hour?

Pete

No Pete...the Bear at this stage has only been blooded with 2 Monduran Trout......The Barra were nailed with a Penn Pin Point Tournament/Penn Signature Series 2 Baitcaster....50lb Finn's 60lb Jenkai leader...Loop knot to a Mann's Hard nose plastic for the first 2......Used my second Rod a Barra Magnum/Penn Signature Baitcaster....30lb Finn's 60lb Jenkai leader.......Loop knot to Slick rig..I think they are the bleeding mullet (Silver and Red).....Use 3 rods all setup for different applications.....Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Sorry Pete didn't finish answering your question.....Right in the middle of the day was the magic time and the temp was 26c...What was crazy was the change in the wind direction...it changed 3 times while I was in B...it went from NE/SW/SE in an hour or so....Crazy

Fished Awoonga this weekend, 11/12 october.
    Weather was intermitant showers and gusting SE wind, water temp 23 to 24 degrees. Fished wind blown ponts, weed banks and bays with squidgys, berkleys, classics, Reidys and Arafuras, for nil result, nada, nothing, zilch.
    My thoughts on the result - big dam, lots of water, need more time on it to get a handle on productive techniques.
    cheers
    Brian

Hard luck Brian.....I guess you have to put the trip in the Learning Curve catagory...Conditions at best seemed abismal.....next time Mate.....Cheers Whitto

Well done whitto,

Thats been a pretty productive area up in that south arm. Good to see you getting amungst them on plastics too. Soory I didnt get to catch up..I had a pesky WHS course in bundy for those 3 days...It looked like prime fishin weather too.

cheers steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Well done whitto,

Thats been a pretty productive area up in that south arm. Good to see you getting amungst them on plastics too. Soory I didnt get to catch up..I had a pesky WHS course in bundy for those 3 days...It looked like prime fishin weather too.

cheers steve
    It was till the SW and SE came in.....the NE was the go....3 days at a WHS Course now that is boring as Bat Shite...but a necessary evil

This trip to Awoonga we found the fish biting around the moon rise, which during the new moon, there is no visual, but thats when they were chewing. SOmething to think about
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Fished Awoonga this weekend, 11/12 october.
    Weather was intermitant showers and gusting SE wind, water temp 23 to 24 degrees. Fished wind blown ponts, weed banks and bays with squidgys, berkleys, classics, Reidys and Arafuras, for nil result, nada, nothing, zilch.
    My thoughts on the result - big dam, lots of water, need more time on it to get a handle on productive techniques.
    cheers
    Brian
    yes its that sort of a place brian i have fished it twice first trip 4 on the troll main bassin second 7 touchs on classic but no fish i know sometimes the best productive spot in that place is the main bassin but man what a area to find them in got to do another trip back there that is for sure

I once said I didn't think this site had as much B/S as many others.

After reading this I've changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manylures View Post
    I once said I didn't think this site had as much B/S as many others.

After reading this I've changed my mind.
    Awesome input that really contributes to the un-ravelling of the impoundment barra puzzle for any one looking to net a big dam fish.
    If ya dont like it, dont read it, no ones twisting your arm.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Awesome input that really contributes to the un-ravelling of the impoundment barra puzzle for any one looking to net a big dam fish.
    If ya dont like it, dont read it, no ones twisting your arm.

If this is how puzzles are solved then it will be a long time solving.

There used to be something called freedom of speach in what used to be the lucky country.

A clicky niche of wannabees that are easily offended but can say whatever they like as long as no-one else disagrees.

You gotta be joking & "if you don't like it, don't read it, no ones twisting your arm"

There used to be something called freedom of speach in what used to be the lucky country.

A clicky niche of wannabees that are easily offended but can say whatever they like as long as no-one else disagrees.

You gotta be joking & "if you don't like it, don't read it, no ones twisting your arm"

Freedom of speech has a brother, its called freedom of choice, if you dont like it, dont bother reading it, or responding to something that seems to upset you so much! In other words, if it sh*ts you, ignore it.
    If your biter and twisted about the freedom of speech issue in the lucky country pal, I dont think this is the place you want to be, try googleing "over throw the government" or something
    Clicky wannabees??? Yeah thats me
    Easilly offended??? I cry at he drop of a hat
    Say whatever they want as long as no one disagrees??? How dare someone question the wisdom of the supposed clicky wannabees
    Matey, thats about as far away from my persona, and most of the people on here, as you can get.
    End of my comment, threads about barra fishing not the stuff above

Hey mate
    I was just puzzled with the "easily offended but can say whatever they like as long as no-one disagrees" line.
    I cant find a post recently where someone has their jocks in a twist, but alas i have now!!!! Just curious to what got up your goat?
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    Hey mate
    I was just puzzled with the "easily offended but can say whatever they like as long as no-one disagrees" line.
    I cant find a post recently where someone has their jocks in a twist, but alas i have now!!!! Just curious to what got up your goat?
    Ben
    If you read this thread properly & check the actual data imput to the B/S posted and refer to my original post in this thread & THEN read comments posted in relation to my 1st then it should be apparrent.

Further comments in response & retaliation accentuate my last remarks.

I'm not trying to purposely offend & my original post wasn't offensive yet true.

It wasn't until the 7th post before actual data was offered, being the crux of the thread.

Then only three decent reports giving appropriate details were given out of 23 posts.

If this isn't B/S in the true meaning of my riginal post then I would like to know what is.

I merely commented on a comment I had made in the past & was subsequently attacked for such.

Am I not entitled to an opinion on what I've actually said previously & then to defend myself against remarks made?