Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Does Scotty Hillier forget his name?

Does Scotty Hillier forget his name?

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of Scotty Hillier saying his name every time he is being filmed.

I dont mind his footage, but sick of his self promotion. I counted 5 times in 1 small episiode I watched the other day where he kept saying his own name.
    I now watch any of his footage with the sound turned down.

Re: Does Scotty Hillier forget his name?

Hillier seems more or less harmless though, which is the only place character can be built, annoying possibly but the lesser of two evils, just look at old rexy for the other side of the coin.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Hillier seems more or less harmless though, which is the only place character can be built, annoying possibly but the lesser of two evils, just look at old rexy for the other side of the coin.

cheers fnq
    I agree he might be harmless,I enjoy his shows, but have put up for the last few years with being bombarded by his name every time I watch his shows. It annoys me.

(I have converted the same message in Scotty Speak below )

Steve agree's with you, Steve enjoys his shows, Steve has put up with the irriation for a while now,, Steve likes to watch his shows, but every time Steve watches his shows, Steve gets peeved about Scotty saying his Name. Its goodbye from Steve. (Get my drift)

No mate it's not just you!

I, like you don't mind the footage, in fact some of it is quite good, but the continuous, Scotty Hillier, Scotty Hillier drives me mad. I was talking about the same thing to an old fishing mate last week. Perhaps he has a very short memory and has to keep reminding himself just who he is??

Now i just MUTE the sound, makes a huge difference.

Cheers,
    John.

I couldn't agree more gents. He seems like a really good bloke but the calling of his own name is a bit bizarre. Maybe Channel 7 management need to have a quiet word with him. I saw a segment this afternoon and this post really hits the nail on the head. Good fishing segments and they promote QLD really well and as I said before he seems like a top bloke but I also hit the mute button when he hooks up.

I don't have a problem with him repeating his own name. I just dont watch him.

Maybe he just loves himself....

I like the others enjoy the footage but yes Rexy was much worse.

Pete

In my observations of watching various fishing shows that have been on TV. there are quite a few presenters that often repeat their name. It might also be a case of informing the viewer as to who the are when they have only just tuned in. A bit different to hardcore people though, I would rather put up with Scott Hillier, ex Boating and Fisheries Patrol Officer, than an ex copper Rex Hunt who is very arragant and had on numerous occassions end his show by saying "I'm Rex Hunt, you're not". Until he received a lot of flack, he then altered it. He is full of himself compared to most others. That's my view and spin on this. Peter

I try to focus on the fishing not the presenter. Maybe its just his gag and I guess its working cause we are all talking about him. Must be hard for him though- catching fish for a living, we should cut him some slack

( your reply has nothing to do with the subject. ) Moderator.
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 15-06-2008 at 06:02 PM.

He's just loving his job. Get's excited about it. I wish I had half his luck!!

Steve

Whatever you all think of him ,I reckon he's done a good job at promotion after all thats the name of the game "get people talking about it " and to me he has succeeded.
    Good promotions Scotty Hillier.
    cheers Terry

i have hated the way he does that scince the first time i saw him. so when i hook a fish now i cant help sayin, "big jeremys got one!"

Doesn't bother me at all. If I was catching fish like he does I'll be telling everyone Dogsbody's on to another one.

Try not to be so pedantic about it and just enjoy the fishing.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Doesn't bother me at all. If I was catching fish like he does I'll be telling everyone Dogsbody's on to another one.

Try not to be so pedantic about it and just enjoy the fishing.

Dave.
    The difference is Dave the producers of the show could put you as their front man and u would catch the same fish.....all these show are based on charter local knowledge and that what makes him look like a champion.......Send him out in his own boat as Mr Average with a fishing mate and you wouldn't even call it entertainment.....It's what u and I call having fun......nothing special about this bloke.....he's just well setup........Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless