Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Does Scotty Hillier forget his name?

Re: Does Scotty Hillier forget his name?

Very clever verse Steve!

I think the thing is the self referencing thing, doesn't necessessarily mean he has dibs on him self, but yep, it can drive some nuts.

Its a style thing, Rexy had his "yibbidy yibbida, thank your mother for the chickens "or whatever, Steve Irwin had his "crikey Terry, that's a whopper"

Sadly, Scottie has opened himself to criticism by self referencing - its not really an aussie thing - doesn't work for me, but its obviously working for him - if the producers and sponsors are happy, he'll keep using the style and everyone else can go jump

It would be nice for someone close to him to mention it though - I don't mind the rest of his banter and some of the footage is O.K.

cheers

Rhys

put up the name of pretty well any high profile fishing presenter & someone will bag them out of pure jealousy, unless it is 1 of the couple at the very top of the totem & then it is showing your fishing ignorance to have a go at them, they are gurus...just another thing for you pack of ''nutbag, redneck queenslanders" to complain aboUt.. COME ON THE MIGHTY BLUES..

and those gurus at the top might be?????

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    and those gurus at the top might be?????
    Starling, Busch & Miller all spring to mind..but there will still always be some green eyed monsters around..

Everyone bags Rex Hunt for how he carries on, who really cares?? A lot of his shows were a lot like the average fishos trips. How many times has he done a show & caught bugger all?? & just rabbited on to some local who has taken him out. All made for realistic viewing. I doubt whether Rex would be pulling buckets through the water & claiming he was on..get over it people...

i see it all as a bit like an attractive movie star/singer/model, or whatever, that splits with her husband/boyfriend & some get all excited, almost as if they had a shot themselves.. it's just talk..

yep, OK then, I agree that Steve Starling and Bushy and Ian Millar are probably up there with the best, most appealing and with no real irritating traits, and you might also have noticed that no one has posted a single bad word about them! kind of says something huh? and guess what?? they are all from NSW! yahoo, bloody Redneck, nutbag QLDers!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    yep, OK then, I agree that Steve Starling and Bushy and Ian Millar are probably up there with the best, most appealing and with no real irritating traits, and you might also have noticed that no one has posted a single bad word about them! kind of says something huh? and guess what?? they are all from NSW! yahoo, bloody Redneck, nutbag QLDers!
    Who they? NSW where's that?? sounds irritating

cheersfnq

For the best fishing show on tv check out Adventure Bound Monday nights 8:00pm on Bris 31. Quiet unassuming blokes who know how to fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Campbell View Post
    For the best fishing show on tv check out Adventure Bound Monday nights 8:00pm on Bris 31. Quiet unassuming blokes who know how to fish!
    Yeah I used to fish land based with Neil who is on that show.
    They are very knowledgeable fellas.

WE ALL have to remeber one thing here......A BAD fishing show is still MUCH better than the other CRAP that is on television......Would you rather watch BIG BROTHER...??

Pete

It's a bit of a wussy rebuttal to say that people who voice criticism are probably "just jealous". I, for example, may dislike Scotty's repetitive 3rd person presenting style but that doesn't mean I want his job -- I love the job I have! Still, it's good to have a bit of disagreement on here, makes things interesting. It would be pretty boring if everyone saw eye-to-eye.

Scrubba you have given me food for thought by saying how involuntary our personal fishing mannerisms can be. I reckon I might start filming more of our outings to see what alarming mannerisms manifest themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Who they? NSW where's that?? sounds irritating

cheersfnq
    Hey steady on there, I will be up there soon and might just go hunting Redneck nutbags, unless they want to take me Fishing of course, then they are OK, just live in the wrong State!

I would hardly call a dozen of so blokes from Ausfish the general public Noel. A lot of members may be more attuned to the fishing presentation and style but I think that would be a very, very, small minority of viewers. Probably the vast majority of the viewers of the show would not be as attuned as keen fishos. I would hazard to say that there would be hundreds of thousands of people who absolutely love the show and the relaxing time it gives them. Good on him for good clean fun and entertainment.
    Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DR View Post
    Starling, Busch & Miller all spring to mind..but there will still always be some green eyed monsters around..

Everyone bags Rex Hunt for how he carries on, who really cares?? A lot of his shows were a lot like the average fishos trips. How many times has he done a show & caught bugger all?? & just rabbited on to some local who has taken him out. All made for realistic viewing. I doubt whether Rex would be pulling buckets through the water & claiming he was on..get over it people...

i see it all as a bit like an attractive movie star/singer/model, or whatever, that splits with her husband/boyfriend & some get all excited, almost as if they had a shot themselves.. it's just talk..
    and they are gurus?? of what?

and who the hell is Scotty Hillier...I am presuming someone from a fishing show..never watch any of them to be honest..find all I have seen to be boring.

Noel I'd be grumpy like you if I lived in NSW.

And keep believing the blues will win. Just remember it's not a lie if you believe it.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Dr

Starling, Busch & Miller maybe gurus in your mind but certainly not mine. Are they gurus to you because you see them in the media most of the time. If you are in the media does that mean you are a guru? Don’t think so my friend. How about the rest of the fishing population you don’t hear about that would blow them away. I know many that could out fish them any day of the week. Are they gurus? No way mate, just guys that love fishing. What about the skippers that put these so called gurus on fish, do they get recognition? Nooooooo. If there is one term I can’t stand and that is Guru. Most of these guys’ heads are already so big and heavy; please don’t add to their problem.

Stu

The worst fishing show is better than most of the crap on the box.