Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Does Scotty Hillier forget his name?

Re: Does Scotty Hillier forget his name?

Quote Originally Posted by kitty_cat View Post
    MATE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT
    I KNOW SCOTTY AND HE IS THE REAL DEAL HE CAN FISH AND KNOWS HES STUFF
    WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET WITH SCOTTY ON AND OFF THE CAMERA JUST A GUINIUNE GOOD BLOKE SOMEONE YOU WOULD GO TO THE PUB WITH AND A HAVE A BEER A TWO AND GARENNTED HAVE A GREAT TIME OR FISH WITH AS JUST A AVERAGE BLOKE (CAMERA OR No CAMERA) so pull your head IN JUST JELOUSE HES GOT A GREAT JOB
    AND YES HE CATCHES FISH IN HES OWN BOAT
    WAYNE

I bet you have no trouble finding him in the pub hes the one at the bar saying "Come on scotty hillier" between mouth fulls

Wow!, I didn't realise I would create so much activity. I better not post and run and face the music.
    1. As I said, I dont mind his footage
    2. The amout of times he says "Scotty Hillier" in each segment irriates me. Yes I am a whinger but if we get 1 or 2 less "Scotty Hilliers" in every show as a result from any feedback, to me & any others that it annoys , we will be happier viewers. To the viewers it doesn't annoy then they wont notice any difference.
    3. Each have their different view on this subject
    4 It looks like this topics been done before Nics Post 23 (Link Below)I beleive hits the nail on the head. (Scotty at the supermarket)
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...hlight=hillier
    5. Thanks for the feedback and discussion.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevea View Post
    Wow!, I didn't realise I would create so much activity. I better not post and run and face the music.
    1. As I said, I dont mind his footage
    2. The amout of times he says "Scotty Hillier" in each segment irriates me. Yes I am a whinger but if we get 1 or 2 less "Scotty Hilliers" in every show as a result from any feedback, to me & any others that it annoys , we will be happier viewers. To the viewers it doesn't annoy then they wont notice any difference.
    3. Each have their different view on this subject
    4 It looks like this topics been done before Nics Post 23 (Link Below)I beleive hits the nail on the head. (Scotty at the supermarket)
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...hlight=hillier
    5. Thanks for the feedback and discussion.
    Steve
    Yeah! your a bloody sh..tstirrer stevea look at what you have made people say on this post about (You know who)...shame...shame....shame .......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Yeah! your a bloody sh..tstirrer stevea look at what you have made people say on this post about (You know who)...shame...shame....shame .......Whitto
    Thanks Whitto, I dont know who is the biggest Stirrer mate, with a banner like yours.

Maybe we should have had a posting "What would Scotty say & where!"

Eg Scotty's Lunchtime, "Scottys opening his lunch box & "holy lookout!!, Scottys got himself a hugh cheese sandwich!.

good to see a bit of sence of humour in the end thats whats its a about fishing and having a good time , i think we all to a degree fish to get out of the relms of everyday b/s he just does it a bit louder than most but i asure you he loves hes fishing and thats what counts

imo he is a knob so i turn easy off, problem solved thank god 4 the remote

He's excitable like the rest of us if we were in front of the camera
    I happened to be in the boat beside Scotty and them when they come back into the mouth of the Boyne Tannum and there was a guy in the boat absolutely paralytic throwing pillies at boats and being a knob and poor Scotty all he could do was smile
    Plus he offered the guy to us as they floated by UMMM thxs again Scotty
    But let me tell ya i have some good footage of it and will be seeking some shirts and caps and freebies or i might have to post that on you tube
    I think the boat they were on was Called ON _ SITE
    All in jest
    But my shirts can be sent to ...................

JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

I've been told by a number of people that Scotty is a great bloke and it's obvious he's an expert angler too, but MY GOD... I would love just a few less 'Big Scotty Hillier's! I enjoy watching his segments but it's gotten to the stage where I have to hit the mute button... that, or gnaw my own arm off. Please mate, you don't have to say it with every single fish!

yeah it's true, the little fella gets exciteable on the telly, but i would too if someone PAID me to go fishing in different exotic spots all over queensland and to catch primo fish, the lucky b@stard. anyway you can take the boy out of marcoola but you can't get the marcoola out of the boy, good on him i reckon.

just remember how would you go at making the dialogue up as you fish and handle a beauty in the one breath. i would put it down as a way to join segments of film also its hard to have a camera angle every where unless your god and can walk on water so lots of cuts must have to be used. At least it seems oz not like those American bass rubbish. i would put it down to a real Ozzie fisherman trying to grasp the difficulties that go with filiming.

Yea he is great bloke. He used to be a Boating and Fisheries Officers before he got into the TV stuff. I do find it a bit annoying as well, but he is certainly not the only supposed fishing guru who does it. A lot of the guys who are trying to be somebody in the TV fishing industry all tend to do the same thing. Self promotion I guess. The trips that they film have been highly organised way before they are filmed. They are phoned by the guides and places that they stay when the fishing is at its best and are all ready to go with the local knowledge so they cant miss, most of the time. You dont get see the hours of boredom in between the few hookups. You would be supprised at how much of the fotage is staged and not genuine. But it makes good tv. I would certainly swap jobs given the chance.

shhhh scrotty, ur letting the cat out of the bag mate

difficult task to turn up to a new spot and pull fish on demand, good luck to those who can do it, as long as they acknowledge any help they receive.
    re the self promoting 3rd person commentary, I just ignore it, any fishing show on tv is worth watching, just some are better than others

I enjoyed the company of Scotty Hillier on the 2006 Variety Bash, yes he is larger than life and he is the same off screen as he is on screen., he is a good aussie character and he makes the viewers take attention, better than having someone like Bruce Paige doing an exciting full on fishing show, horses for courses, lets not forget "PETER HARVEY......CANBERRA"
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

Seems to me that us fishos will criticise ANY tv show on fishing.....weve had a go at CtoC, ifish, rex and abt in recent threads. Who have we missed- just ET? Its the old story, you cant please everyone.

I love watching any fishing footage and I dont turned the sound down. I dont have a problem with a professional presenter promoting his name, or using guides. I just wish I had more time to watch tv shows.

I get most of my fix on the Aust Fishing DVD now. I think its the best footage around. Ive got about half of them, an Im gonna backorder the rest.

cheers
    Andrew

It's funny, so many people rush in and defend the man with "he's a good bloke"
    It doesn't seem to me, in any post that anyone is saying he isn't. He is enthusiastic and why wouldn't you be, getting paid to go fishing, and honing your skills so you are actually good at it ?
    Beefing up the catch is all about making it viewable. Do a search on You Tube for the angry fisherman, whilst it is funny, it shows you how it could be, a bloke who gets shitty all the time (even though the angry is a gee up) and swearing etc.
    Would you sit down and watch a bloke doing his block coz once again he gets snagged, or pulls in a huge clump of weed, like I tend to do when I go fishing ?
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?