Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Barra Masterclass

Re: Barra Masterclass

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    You aint wrong ..... My only therapy is chatting with you guys atm ...... & thinking about it 24/7
    I enjoy my breamin ....... but its not the same

I'm pretty certain .... there will be a well worn path from somewhere in Brisbane to Mondy & Awoonga ..........

Chris
    That will be great Chris.....41/2 hrs to Mondy X-Brissy and another 11/2 hrs to Awoonga will be nothing for U and only $100.00 + for Fuel to Mondy......U gotta love that.......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    That will be great Chris.....41/2 hrs to Mondy X-Brissy and another 11/2 hrs to Awoonga will be nothing for U and only $100.00 + for Fuel to Mondy......U gotta love that.......Whitto
    Yeh Whitto ....... It certainly beats 16hours & about $400,$410,$420,$430,$440 ( sorry I was just looking at the fuel pump ) each way to Mondy + plus the need to service the Fourby each time

I also wont have the issues of having to organise a crew ....... as I can travel that on my own

Yep ..... a well worn path with out a doubt

Chris

Have to be happy with those sort of savings.....You'll be able to afford food and a few bottle of Dr Good now.....Gone to Mondy solo many times......Whitto

You aint wrong ..... My only therapy is chatting with you guys atm ...... & thinking about it 24/7
    I enjoy my breamin ....... but its not the same

I'm pretty certain .... there will be a well worn path from somewhere in Brisbane to Mondy & Awoonga ..........

Chris

easy to find the place chris, just follow the trail I leave, on the way up its a 364km line of breadcrumbs made up of hope, keenness and expectation, on the way home its a trail of self doubt, post moretom and next trip planning
    cheers
    brian

Cool Re: Barra Masterclass

The best time to fish is whenever you can.

Target the wet part of the dam

When the wind and temperature are just right.

The reality is my friends Most of us don't have the luxury of going on the day because the weather wind and temp are just right so we are doomed to fish when we can. This i think is one of the greatest things about this site. when we are not fishing we can read and learn and then apply that knowledge to the prevailing conditions what ever they may be.

Don't disregard the young fellas, good drum above from plastic magic good on ya son.. So now tell us what plastic you are using?

My tip would be to learn what you can and have your gear ready to go when the opportunity arises. Don't be in a position when the opportunity arises that you are thinking 'oh crap it will take me a day to get sorted' If there is a problem with your gear fix it the day after you get home! Have your leaders ready. Know what gear you need for where ever you are going.

The weather here is good, the wind is down, the sun is out, my boat and fishing gear are primed and ready to go.

But my bloody patrol is in the !@#% workshop so I can't tow the boat

You've all done well
    Last edited by darylive; 15-06-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: to cahnge stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    easy to find the place chris, just follow the trail I leave, on the way up its a 364km line of breadcrumbs made up of hope, keenness and expectation, on the way home its a trail of self doubt, post moretom and next trip planning
    cheers
    brian
    SELF DOUBT ....... ???
    Gee a quick look in your pics will cure any self doubt !

Yep the next trip planning ...... usually starts before the trip is over

SELF DOUBT ....... ???
    Gee a quick look in your pics will cure any self doubt !

Yep the next trip planning ...... usually starts before the trip is over
    Ain't that the truth.......Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Chris , You have got to be joking... You want us to share information that has taken us years to work out...Blood sweat and tears...Countless fishless trips Just give it away ! l cant believe that you could ask such a thing and think anyone would respond.......err ok Time on the water Thats number one...To me Barra dont like a sudden change.. like say the water temp... Yesterday l caught barras it was fine, no wind The day before l caught barras... Same conditions Not going out today..Why ? Blowing 25 knots Water temp will be down But if Sunday and Monday are the same l will be on the water Monday reguardless of the wind { If l can steal a boat }.. if you have peaks and troughs fishing will be harder... notice l said harder not impossible....
    Ok to add to post....Went yesterday....Stole Scottys Polly.... on the water for 4 hours Nothing...Very windy water temp down to 21c...Went back today...wind down to about 7 ks water temp same 21c ...lots of tail nips one fish caught about a meter....See what tomorrow brings...

one caught on what?

Soft Plastic,s... The retrive that l have been using is Fast...not burn just fast.. Color Any... Weight.. 17.5 gram

sounds like you just getting the last of the slow winter bite trev i dont know how cold the air temp is up there but it has drop 4 to 5 degrees here in the last 4 days and i did a quick trip the lake mac and it was sitting around 17 so winter has finally arrived

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    sounds like you just getting the last of the slow winter bite trev i dont know how cold the air temp is up there but it has drop 4 to 5 degrees here in the last 4 days and i did a quick trip the lake mac and it was sitting around 17 so winter has finally arrived

Nipsta..Winter at Awoonga can be just about as good as Summer... The bite time can be smaller but the action can be the same...To me its all about Stable Temps....Maybe that should read stable conditions.. l have included a link to Gladstone,s Bom site to show our conditions at the moment
    http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ60...01.94380.shtml hope it works....

Tip 1 : Never tape Chris (NAGG) when in battle with Tinaroo Barra = Dropped fish and a red face. (Sorry mate... bloody funny!)

Tip 2 : Never have mates knick off with your car on a freezing winters night leaving your trailer at the Ramp and saying 'yeah I'll come pick ya up at 10pm' and not have them come and pick you up at all. I will also like to include in this tip that warm Extra Dry's on freezing nights arn't bad...???

Tip 3 : Serious one now... last few months that Tinaroo has been at 100% capacity and the weed growth has been phenominal (you know where the fish are though... with the cold they are right up in there!) I have caught, and have seen many caught on blindingly FAST retrieves. Last 3 trips have confirmed it for me... last trip was by myself at 'Point X'... burning Power Mullets... winters morning... 3 whopping huge bites from large Barra (even had Stinger hook on). Trip before that was with BarraBoss... got a few fish, few bites all on Slick Rigs and Power Mullets being absolutey raced over weeds (usually 1 or 2 cranks of the handle). And the trip before that was also by myself landbased at a particular favourite ramp of mine... hadnt had a touch all night... was freezing cold and was about to give up. Have had luck in the past there with Squidgy fish rigged on huge Worm hooks... let em sink to bottom then wind as fast as you can getting them to head upwards and tow them on surface... dynamite! Landed two fish (not big, but fish) and then went home chuffed knowing that the bliserting speed turned their fat lazy heads.

Theo
    TT

Theo,---------

OK Mate, Tip 1 ????????????

Now you have just got to tell us what happened-----------?????????.

Cheers,
    John.

Video & Land cameras need to be EXORCISED or banned prior to going barra fishing!!!!! ........ NUFF SAID!

Nagg