Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who fishes locally and who travels to fish???

who fishes locally and who travels to fish???

Hi all Just curious to find out who fishes thier local waters exclusively and who travels away to fish other spots

Im in brissie and fish both my local waters and some times travel up or down the coast to fish different times of the year

and if you travel is it because you find the fishing better or do you travel to target speicies not in your area tell me your thoughts

Regards MONOSTRETCHO

Re: who fishes locally and who travels to fish???

G'day Mono,

Well up to the fuel hike I've done most of my fishing out of the Sunny coast, travelling from Brisvegus south side. I had a heap of marks given to me as starters and added each trip with more good fish, snapper, pearlies, coro's, cobia, AJ's usual stuff.

These days, I'm carving $150.00 off the cost of a trip from towing and launching from Manly which is just around the corner. I've spent a lot of time trying to work out Moreton, just when you think you've got it, it all changes...

Anyway, that's it, mostly Moreton offshore these days, with the odd trip to the sunny coast.

cheers

Rhys

Same as Rhys, I was getting onto fishing sunshine coast, but just cannot afford it unless I have a boat full to share the costs. So been fishing more local lately. Around the cape. Getting back to the bay Islands again as well.

They say that if you can't afford the fuel, you should not own a boat. In the past I could afford it. But now it is getting more difficult. No way I am selling, so just need to be a bit more smarter with trips.

Cheech

I Fish localy, since i cant really get around the place on my own. But i do someitmes go to bribie to catch fish! since almost every land based spot in brisbane is fished out except for 1 or 2. At bribie you actually CATCH fish, at my little secret spot that is!

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

mono, the fishing up here in t'ville is to good to go else where, been fishing local for 30 odd years in the creeks, bays & sometimes the reef. now i am teaching my son all the secrets i know & on the odd occasion he out fish's me lol. i swear if he was allowed to sleep in the boat he would!

ron.
    reels screamin aboard Hyper- Active

I used to travel for a fish, but found that I still got more fish in my local spot so for the last 2 years I only fish that. Got sick and tired of hearing ...... should of been here the other day.... last week ect ....

I fish anywhere from Yamba to 1770 but most of the trips I do are sunshine coast and Widebay area. If I am short on time or am just looking for a bit of family fun will go out on the bay or offshore Moreton as the other trips need an overnighter to justify the travel.

I am based in brissy so like to fish local, off shore and the goldie, dont mind a trip to the goldie have some good marks so happy to give it a bash have had mixed results but thats fishing.

I fish in the bay on bad weather days and sometimes offshore although my record off the front of moreton has been pretty poor.

Fuel costs, when you consider what it costs to tow the boat to the goldie or travel offshore moreton through sth passage, it really doesnt make that much difference, either your spending it in the car or spending it in the boat.

Have plans to fish maloolabar, just havnt had the right weather when I was able to go..

Monostrecho, I use manly a fair bit haven't seen you there wont miss you though.., but great place to launch from..

Regards
    Honda

Nuh,
    live in Ballina, fish in Ballina,
    with a couple of trips to Evans Head thrown in.

Guess I've geen lucky enough to live within a mile of the ramp, & had the time spare to go exploring our local area,
    250 good marks off Ballina now, I started with half a dozen starters out of a book & went from there.

If I travel away, I dont know where to go................

Muzz

I fish locally, in the Bay and outside. I don't go far because my fishing sucks, and I might as well suck locally, it's cheaper!!!

But when I get my Cruiser I may go further afield. Only once my fishing improves though...
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I mainly fish offshore gold coast and tweed and moreton bay i still have a little exploring to do offshore cape moreton once i get enough courage to tackle the south passage bar .

then i might head up to maloolooba and check it out theres so much ocean out there i plan on tackling it a bit at a time

so i mainly fish localy i guess at least at the moment

I live local to almost any location. Beenleigh area is central to a lot of places. I can travel to the Gold Coast in 20mins, be on the water in the Bay in 30mins, be in the Pin in 20 mins. With that many "local" spots I consider myself to be very lucky indeed.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by MONOSTRETCHO View Post
    I mainly fish offshore gold coast and tweed and moreton bay i still have a little exploring to do offshore cape moreton once i get enough courage to tackle the south passage bar .

then i might head up to maloolooba and check it out theres so much ocean out there i plan on tackling it a bit at a time

so i mainly fish localy i guess at least at the moment

why not try running up the inside of moreton island if you want to go to the cape, theres basically no bar up the northern end

Well I live at Keperra, and usually fish in the bay. It takes me 40 mins to get to whyte island ramp. I fish Noosa when i go up there to visit my my oldies.

Keen to plan a trip to fish Hervy Bay sometime.

My plan generally depending on wind, ex Scarborough to Cape Moreton, anchor that night, generally Bulwer or Yellow Patch off to deep tempest first light, anchor again that night. Shallow Tempest next day, then if thats no good Caloundra wide.....thats my plan!
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/