Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: who fishes locally and who travels to fish???

Re: who fishes locally and who travels to fish???

i do both where ever the fish are ill be there

Hey Mono ...... I must be the "grass is always greener" type fishoe
    Even when I fish my local waters ....... I still like to fish new areas ..... The adventure aspect needs to be a part of my fishing .....Its not just about catching fish! ...... As I look to the lounge room floor , there are 2 maps on the floor ..... as I want to fish some new waters in the middle reaches of the Hawkesbury river! ........ & this is what I call local fishing

Then 4 or 5 times a year ...... I'll go to the effort to plan & travel from Sydney to
    FNQ , SE Qld ..... or the Snowy Mountains ..... or some other new destination ....... I just cant help my self ( My boat has been towed close to 15,000 km ..... in 18 months)
    THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ...... In someone else's neck of the woods

Cheers

Nagg

fuel doesn't hurt so bad for me since 50% of my fishing is from a canoe 20% in dads tiny which we only take out on the bay, estuaries and impoundments, the new 40hp fourstroke does about 3.8k/L so really can't complain. the other 30% in other people boats. but i do drive around heaps to get to fishing spots. i'll drive about 1-1.5 hours for a half day trip 2 hours for a full day 2.5-3.5 for a weekend. i suppose driving time is more a factor than the fuel. when i fish in other peoples boats the fuel share is normally less than 50 bucks so not so bad.

Hi all
    I am probably lucky in my location of Logan city being central to Morton, Jumpinpin,
    and the Gold Coast I change locations for the reasons of a change is as good as a holiday.
    and depends on weather and time of year as well for the different species.

Cheers
    Steve

Hey NAGG i used to love fishing the hawksbury system , i used to sit at berowra waters in my boat freezing my nuts of in the middle of winter with a live mullet out then wack another big jewie

But the only problem was until i moved to brisbane i never stopped 1 of those big jewies i must of hooked 25 of them

i hope you have more luck with them than i did

i also fished as far up the river as wisemans ferry theres a lot of water to cover in the hawksbury

YOU COULD SPEND A LIFETIME EXPLORING THAT RIVER !!

MONOSTRETCHO

I do both, love to go out locally with mates and catch a feed and have a yarn and I travel as often as possible to fish the further the better. It dont worry me that I may not catch a fish (bloody rapted when I do) But the people you meet along the way is what does it for me.
    cheers
    blaze

Mostly local fishing, Pine Rivers, Redcliffe

Occasionally, Puminstone Passage, Somerset Dam

Once a year, Lenthals / Monduran / Awonga

Fuel not really a problem yet!!

More a time problem.

Luc

Quote Originally Posted by MONOSTRETCHO View Post
    Hey NAGG i used to love fishing the hawksbury system , i used to sit at berowra waters in my boat freezing my nuts of in the middle of winter with a live mullet out then wack another big jewie

But the only problem was until i moved to brisbane i never stopped 1 of those big jewies i must of hooked 25 of them

i hope you have more luck with them than i did

i also fished as far up the river as wisemans ferry theres a lot of water to cover in the hawksbury

YOU COULD SPEND A LIFETIME EXPLORING THAT RIVER !!

MONOSTRETCHO
    Hi Mono ...... I've done a bit of Jewying in the lower sections . with reasonable success ........ but never the big one
    I'm actually looking at the Wisemans ferry to the lower Portland section to look for some good Bass , EP & Bream waters ....... but I also know that this stretch can hold some good Jew too ( first trip should be in a week or so) ...... Just for something different
    Cheers
    Nagg

some times i fish the bay, sometimes i fish offshore, sometimes i fish the pin (but only when the wx sucks), sometimes i fish the fresh (but thats only when it snows), sometimes i fish in my sleep (especially after a nite on the turps),
    sometimes i fish on aufish (but that mainly to stir things up), sometimes i fish weekends (only because not everyones available midweek),
    but most of the time i fish midweek, when all the hooligans are at work.
    sometimes i dont fish at all (have to work).
    sometimes when the fuel is $3 it still wont stop me doing one of the above sometimes, and sometime in the future i may never use a plastic.
    but i do no that sometime in the future i'll fish in Hell, as i sure wont be allowed in Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    some times i fish the bay, sometimes i fish offshore, sometimes i fish the pin (but only when the wx sucks), sometimes i fish the fresh (but thats only when it snows), sometimes i fish in my sleep (especially after a nite on the turps),
    sometimes i fish on aufish (but that mainly to stir things up), sometimes i fish weekends (only because not everyones available midweek),
    but most of the time i fish midweek, when all the hooligans are at work.
    sometimes i dont fish at all (have to work).
    sometimes when the fuel is $3 it still wont stop me doing one of the above sometimes, and sometime in the future i may never use a plastic.
    but i do no that sometime in the future i'll fish in Hell, as i sure wont be allowed in Heaven.
    WOW 12 "sometimes". I'm guessing you fish sometimes

neil

If your local spot is 6-8 hrs drive away can it still be called local ????? I tend to favour the Gulf, Karumba in particular.

Bill.

C`MON webby your not that bad you should get into heaven.

If you take me to some of your secret spots i`ll put in a good word for you lol !!

MONOSTRETCHO

Im with you MONOSTRETCHO I fish over to the islands down to the pin and offshore up the coast

Not to mention every holiday Towing to new destination

W2F

I used to travel with the old man to go fishing a lot, but now we've moved to Townsville we only fish the local creeks, bay's, the occasional reef trip. I still haven't got the place sussed properly yet, so until I start making some headway on that I will be fishing locally. Another thing is, there's still a few species on my "to catch list", yet another reason to stay local for now.

we use to do a lot of travelling/fishing trips,,,,, then the job changed to a 6 day a week,,,average 12-13 hrs a day scenario,,,, and it totally %^%$# it,,,,

now i'm basically local,,,,,,, pumicestone,,,,beachmere,,,,occassional run out the front,,,,,, or a land based adventure with chopjr

keeping in mind tho' i've been known to do a spur of the moment trip to hervey to catch up with a few of the lads every now and then,,,,,,,,,,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE