Thread: Touh Going At Monduran

Touh Going At Monduran

Just A Quick Report On Our Queens Birthday Weekend Trip 2 Monduran. Arrived Friday Nite And Set Up Camp. Hit The Ramp Around 8 Am And Meet Both Roo And Themissus. Headed Up The Dam Looking 4 Shallow Bays And Points,found Water Up 2 24.1, Fished Shallow Running Hardbodies B52s Etc 4 No Ation.back At The Ramp Around 4. Sunday We Headed Well Up Into B Bay Finding Lots Of Good Looking Shallow Water,but With The Cool Weather Couldn't Find Warm Water. Tried Hardbodies Also Horny Toads- No Luck, Left For Home That Arvo.iam Keen 2 Hear If Anyone Did Any Good And What Worked And Roughly Where Just 2 C If We Were On The Right Track.any Hints Or Advice Much Appreciated Cheers.

Re: Touh Going At Monduran

Thats Touh alright, all weekend for F/A i don't feel so bad now. thanks Stiff

hey stiffy we were up there too,there were a few caught. ill try and do a report soon

Hey Stiffworm,
    Yeah i think you were on the right track. Warm water, shallows and Bait were the key things everyone told us. the fish I got on Sunday was from a point with the wind blowing onto it. the water was only .5 of a degree warmer than the rest of B. and it had a Protected bay behind it with plenty of weedy cover and deep water close by. The only thing i did different on Sunday was to kill the motor 100m out and use the wind and short, low power bursts on the electric (no turning with the Bowmount either) to manoeuvre into a casting position to this point. a few casts later it paid off. the other thing is if you find a piece of water with all the right ingredients, then persevere with it. we tied up to trees to really give some spots a good work over. Keep at it mate.

Cheers Roo.

Hey Stiffworm,
    We only got one fish for the boat. It's hard when you can't get there fish it on a regular basis. The great thing is there are so many people who are willing to share. That made big a difference for us this trip. Saturday and Sunday we ran into the guys out on the water and they pointed us in the right direction. We have even claimed one of Chewys 'go to' spots for our own.
    Next time you are heading up, put up a thread and see if anyone else is heading up too. We learnt more last weekend from fellow ausfishers, than we did on our previous 3 trips on our own. Although I still came home with a donut.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

hey stiffworm
    I headed up to monduran on saturday with two mates arrived at about 10.30. I find this time of year the water is to cool for the barra in the shallows in the early hours of the day. The water can warm up alot from 10 through to 3 especially the bays the wind is blowing into. Anyway my mate got a 113cm barra at 1pm water temp around 24. We then moved on and I got done by what looked even bigger that my mates, funny thing was it hit with in the first five minutes of the rain. we then moved on and I got a great view of my lure being smash a few metres from my feet it got me around a tree never to be seen again. net cast on a again a nice 72cm both while it was raining. we got nothing after that but big swirls behind the lures. We were using b52 any colour worked. The biggest thing i think in cold water is targeting the edges and a super slow retrieve.... I tap tap then pause for a good 3 to 4 seconds. my other mate only got one touch the whole day fishing right next to me I told him to slow it down but he did not listen. anyway I hope you have better fishing next time
    cheers matt