Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wivenhoe

Re: Wivenhoe

Quote Originally Posted by Steven78 View Post
    Thats one big bass. I caught my first one today 34cm. Whats the go with powered boats on the Dam. I see bass boats sometimes around there. I have a Electric on the front
    As far as I know you are aloowed to take a boat with an outboard onto the dam but it is not to be started.

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Thats better new
    Last edited by Steven78; 10-06-2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

electric only ,thats one reason the fishing is so good,this is the time of year to get into them as the weather warms the cat fish get hungry , troll watching your sounder youll soon find a patch,catching them might be a bit harder,Ive caught plenty in the 55+cm but they reackon that 60+ are out there?? cheers alex

shhhh keep it quite !!! wivenhoe has NO bass

Forget the surface lures on BigW. I have never heard of a surface caught fish from there. Casting to the edges or trolling the edges has been working for me lately.
    Wayne D

---------------------------------------------------
    Hobie Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by husserhunter View Post
    shhhh keep it quite !!! wivenhoe has NO bass
    Don't tell that to the 60 000 we let go there not long back.

There's stacks of fish like those in Big Dubya. I've fished it as much as anyone & I'm yet to see a genuine 60cm bass in the flesh from there. Some that have gone very close & close to 4kg.

However I'm sure they're in there.

There's a kayak / canoe comp on at Wivenhoe in Septemeber where you'll be able to launch & fish in the no go zone. I recon we'll see some horses get nailed...

Cheers,

fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au