Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ausfish Premium Membership option

Re: Ausfish Premium Membership option

Quote Originally Posted by Lapras View Post
    As for having an elite area (like GPS marks), it doesn't bother me too much, but why not allow PLATINUM members to also get access. That way anyone who is true committed to the site is rewarded.

Keep up the good work, it is truly appreciated.

Dave

Great idea, thanks, it has been done. Platinum members now have access to that area.

great idea Steve, I'm in
    thanks

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by revs57 View Post
    As far as elitism - it will only happen if we allow it to. As far as dividing the site or discouraging visitors, time will tell.

Steve, its your site, there are costs, if the $40 is an expression of support - It's only a carton of beer and I'd reckon most blokes here would not have a problem and shout you one every 6 months for the privelege of participation any way, and you've kept the door open for those who want participate who don't like a drink so no harm donw.

Rhys

If some elitism develops, there are enough hard nuts on this site to squash it. The wankers will rise to the top and they can be skimmed off!

I'm going to keep to putting in 40 bucks. If everyone shouted him beer I've no doubt the quality of the site would rapidly descend!!!!

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

all Paid. happy to support the site

$40....geez, the amount of information and genuine help I've gathered from this site, the people I've met and the things I've been asked to participate in is well worth $40 I'd say.
    I'm signing up now

A more than happy little grey man.

Hmm, I love that Steve is so keen to keep the members happy, but I just don't want to see the site split by premium and non-premium members. I'd personally keep the premium members only content to a minimum, just so everyone who can't afford it doesn't feel left out.
    Joel
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

Are the moderators paid?
    Yes Jeremy we are paid on a commission basis ......... so much for deleting dumb posts, more for aggressive posts and even more for abusive and threatening posts with the price continuing to rise in categories.

I am disappointed that we get very little for simply moving a thread to the right board because someone is too lazy to read the board headings. Infractions and warnings although necessary, don't pay much either.

The big money though is in banning someone. A spammer is well worth my being here. They pay reasonably well. Don't get a real lot for new and bronze members but it's ok. Silver and gold are pretty good but its the platinum blokes where the big bucks are. They pay for my holidays.

However, still waiting for the boss to put a price on the head of one of these premiums. I reckon that's where the money is going to be in the future.

Actually it's all said in jest, and no the Moderators don't get paid, and this post is like a lot here on Ausfish - full of crap but helps to get the post count up.
    Regards

mod5

This all looks like a great idea.

If the pages will load faster, then Im in. Im usually on ausfish while Im at work, and so time is money. My question is how much faster will the pages load without SOME advertising?

Perhaps a 7 day free trial will improve the takeup rate. Is there anyway this can be done?

cheers
    Andrew

PS - well done on paypal too. Nice to see us keeping up with the latest technology

I have spent more on things I have never used, $40 for something I use every day is a bargin!
    Last edited by Bubba Gump; 05-06-2008 at 09:24 AM.
    Don't play stupid with me...I'm better at it!

40 clams is fair.

Black-Rat I think it is trivial.

Awesome website. Like the fish ,I'm hooked.
    You are entitled to my opinion!
    -----------------------------------------

Well I am in a very small minority with concerns about this so that noise you just heard was me pulling my head in. I dont think I am poor..but retired and "OK" ..probably wouldnt spend the $40 each 6 months but hey...! that may be no loss to the board.
    Whatever happens it is a great forum, and Steve is to be congratulated for a superb job.
    Last edited by Mindi; 05-06-2008 at 09:26 AM.

So where do we sign up? I've been scanning for an hour with no joy - bit like fishing lately, maybe it's me after all????

Cheers

Rhys

Quote Originally Posted by revs57 View Post
    So where do we sign up? I've been scanning for an hour with no joy - bit like fishing lately, maybe it's me after all????

Cheers

Rhys
    It's in the first post. Go into your Member CP then Edit Options then Paid Subscriptions
    Regards

mod5

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    It's in the first post. Go into your Member CP then Edit Options then Paid Subscriptions
    now come on mod 5, that wasnt really a good value answer, you do need to earn your money. Nest time a more graphical answer, pics and all that stuff.
    By the way Steve, I'm in and in the long term think it will have a positive outcome.
    cheers
    blaze