Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ausfish Premium Membership option

Re: Ausfish Premium Membership option

Quote Originally Posted by John Martin View Post
    and I agree (understand that). My point is that if you want to join the Ausfish"membership club" you do pay and IMO it is expensive when overseas sites charge half that for twice as long (ie: $20 / yr and another site charges a once off $20 fee and you've got premium membership for as long as you visit their site, but everything else on the site is free. Membership only allows you to access certain areas and load images/videos etc). This backs up many of the discussions that are held on the electonics forum of this site that equipment is more expensive in Aus. So, it's my observation that it's not only marine electronics that is more expensive in Aus, it's everything, website membership included! That's just an observation......not a complaint
    I cannot work out where you are coming from..membership costs nothing.
    I thought it was a simple concept to grasp..if you don't mind the ads then don't pay. If you do not want the ads then pay.

With regard to the GPS waypoint section.

Those who are focusing on secret spot 'X's, ...what about other marks which are important.

Wave Rider Bouys

Cardinal markers

Bar Crossing set-up points

Wrecks

Navigation Points

Popular Reefs ( exposed )

Green Zone Boundary points

Navigation Hazard Points

Bait Grounds

Shark Nets

Dive Sites

Navigation Routes

Channel Markers

FAD's

Public Bars, Suncorp Stadium and Broncos Leagues Club ??

I have shared and will continue to share certain GPS marks that are proven fish haunts. BUT :-

You can lead a horse to water, but ya can't make it drink !

Elitism... what the ? are you kiddin ?

OH, did anyone mention registration and use of this site ( baring classifieds over $200 ) is

FREE !!!!

Cheers Phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    This section is ONLY for Fishing related GPS marks and is not for any other discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    With regard to the GPS waypoint section.

Public Bars, Suncorp Stadium and Broncos Leagues Club ??
    Sorry but Fishing related GPS Marks only
    Regards

mod5

Sad day when Ausfish has gone commercial.

Mod5 talking to himself?? Thought I had that masked man pegged! Ok NEXT!!.. on the list!

Cheers fnq
    Last edited by FNQCairns; 06-06-2008 at 03:45 PM.

i,m done ,

Can I just say this

Rob T

Its amazing with all the talk of supporting local products/tackle shops that people are stressing so much over $40 for a great locally run product. I personally don't care to much about the adds/extra space, I thought here is great product that I have used quite a bit and would like to show my support. The knowledge and help that I have received far out ways the $40 I have laid out. Here is a great product and I am only to happy to help out/support when possible.
    Don't play stupid with me...I'm better at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    A question if one may.

If advertisers spend money on this site to reach the 25,664 members and the number able to be reached is significantly reduced as a result of this offer (Premium) will advertisers choose to spend their money elsewhere?

Instead of the site being increasingly attractive to advertisers who have up until now been able to reach the exact demographic they seek its attraction may decline particularly as those who no longer have a chance to read the adverts are potentially the early adopters and similar with disposable income to spend and to spare.

This change may well decrease advert readership to the point where advertisers find it far less attractive to spend their dollars here.

On the other hand as membership numbers grow and the reach is enhanced advertising rates could have reflected this.

The current move may result a negative and totally undesirable outcome for all concerned.

At present one suspects the symbiotic relationship between AF members and advertisers has been growing and perhaps this change to exclude adverts etc may not yield all the results that were hoped for.

Time will tell.

Respectfully
    Chimo

Advertisers pay to sponsor a category of the forums, that is still there. The other banners are a pay per click, a small number are pay per view. The number of people that do take up the Premium membership will not alter the amount of views for the other banners as there are still thousands of people that will see them.

We have contacted all major players in the tackle and marine electronics industry in Australia and they declined to advertise, except for Fisher Boats. I guess some people can't see the forest for the trees. Hence why we have a US based business advertising in the Electronics section.

We have increased the exposure for these companies that support us by displaying their ad on every page of the category they advertise on instead of just the main page.

Hope that explains it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Steve, I'd like to suggest U get rid of the GPS section, nobody is going to post a secret location there and we all know where Scarby reef and Mud island are. Make that forum a general area for Premium members to post anything they want, ie. special offers to those who help support the site financially, some one might want to give something away or be a bit slow at work and able to do trade work at a discount. Anything!

Edtied by Moderator

Regards Dids
    Would have been interesting to read this entire post unedited. May I ask why it was edited?

Fair dinkum people, I cant believe the idea of a paid membership is creating so much dribble .

Frankly, if I were the owner of this site, I would have no hesitation in introducing a paid membership for EVERYONE.

Those who think its not worth $50 or $100 a year can simply BUGGER OFF.

Mal

Sorry Mal, don't agree with your 'bugger off' statement.
    I could say more, but I choose not to.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by uripper View Post
    Fair dinkum people, I cant believe the idea of a paid membership is creating so much dribble .

Frankly, if I were the owner of this site, I would have no hesitation in introducing a paid membership for EVERYONE.

Mal
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelr View Post
    Sorry Mal, don't agree with your 'bugger off' statement.
    I could say more, but I choose not to.
    Cheers.
    Great way to welome new people to the site

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    Advertisers pay to sponsor a category of the forums, that is still there. The other banners are a pay per click, a small number are pay per view. The number of people that do take up the Premium membership will not alter the amount of views for the other banners as there are still thousands of people that will see them.

We have contacted all major players in the tackle and marine electronics industry in Australia and they declined to advertise, except for Fisher Boats. I guess some people can't see the forest for the trees. Hence why we have a US based business advertising in the Electronics section.

We have increased the exposure for these companies that support us by displaying their ad on every page of the category they advertise on instead of just the main page.

Hope that explains it for you.
    Well there you go, if the near absolute number of industry players her in oz will not support ausfish for the very clients they would expect to purchase from their Australian arm or national/state business why should those potential ausfish member clients also support them?

Far more logical and also better financially for members to take a leaf from their industrys marketing book and pay the 40 clams and purchase O/S from a supplier who does contribute it's not as if ausfish or any member is a charity.

How about approaching those fancy pants industry players to see if they will sponsor the other half of the year a proportion of those who have already paid subscriptions. Can be a piece of paper in a hat type of ballet.

These individual people would be the hardcore rec fishing consumer after all...Would need to be a refined marketing package as opposed to my blithering, I can see just one reason why it will not fly at some level but shall not broach it.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by uripper View Post

Mal
    & an awful lot would probably happily do so....