Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ausfish Premium Membership option

Re: Ausfish Premium Membership option

Quote Originally Posted by imnotoriginal View Post
    Hmm, I love that Steve is so keen to keep the members happy, but I just don't want to see the site split by premium and non-premium members. I'd personally keep the premium members only content to a minimum, just so everyone who can't afford it doesn't feel left out.
    Joel
    I can not see where people are getting this idea of splitting the site, elitism, etc.

You either have ads or you don't have ads. It is your choice. Members wanted a way to get rid of ads and video ads and said they would be happy to pay, so I gave them the option.

Some people are simply doing it to show support, others to get rid of the ads and show support, it is your choice.

The only difference is you get access to a GPS section, which by the way is empty. It is for GPS marks only, no other discussion is allowed.

done
    i need all the help i can get with fishing

thanks

scotty

i think im in the minority but i dont support the subscription. Dont get me wrong its a great site, but i dont see the benefit in paying $80.00 annually to:

1- to simply not see advertisments. ( i didnt think they were that intrusive ?)
    2- look at a gps marks section
    3-to increase an inbox storage.
    4- have no charge to put in classifieds (is there a limit ?)

I understand that a few appreciate the site and will pay the $39.95 as gratitude and support, but i hardly see this as getting value for money. Dont block or ban me for this but il be honest. I see this as a money spinner for little to no benefit to members, apart from the 'PREMIUM' status some might use to their advantage.

cheers, and thanks for a great forum.

regards

Fish Guts
    Last edited by Fish Guts; 05-06-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    Yes Jeremy we are paid on a commission basis ......... so much for deleting dumb posts, more for aggressive posts and even more for abusive and threatening posts with the price continuing to rise in categories.

I am disappointed that we get very little for simply moving a thread to the right board because someone is too lazy to read the board headings. Infractions and warnings although necessary, don't pay much either.

The big money though is in banning someone. A spammer is well worth my being here. They pay reasonably well. Don't get a real lot for new and bronze members but it's ok. Silver and gold are pretty good but its the platinum blokes where the big bucks are. They pay for my holidays.

However, still waiting for the boss to put a price on the head of one of these premiums. I reckon that's where the money is going to be in the future.

Actually it's all said in jest, and no the Moderators don't get paid, and this post is like a lot here on Ausfish - full of crap but helps to get the post count up.
    Mod 5, I detected a sense of humour there, does that come with premium membership? I'm on 5 non-expiring Infraction points, do I get extra on "Premium Membership" or do I just loose my 40 bucks as well as a holiday.

wow..so much discussion over about 21 cents a day..amazing. As said..you either want the ads or you don't.
    I rarely get PM's...never catch any fish to bother having more pic space...but I will still pay the money.

OMG..Mod 5 has a sense of humour...will wonders never cease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Mod 5, I detected a sense of humour there, does that come with premium membership? I'm on 5 non-expiring Infraction points, do I get extra on "Premium Membership" or do I just loose my 40 bucks as well as a holiday.
    this post is like a lot here on Ausfish - full of crap but helps to get the post count up
    I see your still trying to get your post count up Didley.
    Regards

mod5

Will premium members be dealt with the same as non-paying members in regards to infringments ect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Guts View Post
    Will premium members be dealt with the same as non-paying members in regards to infringments ect ?
    All members are required to comply with the rules of Ausfish. A copy can be seen here http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=54614
    Regards

mod5

A couple of things, firstly I am all for a membership, am suprised it hasn't come up earlier. The adds don't really bother me and the speed issue isn't an issue as it might make it quicker by about 0.1of a sec. So I am more then happy to pay the $40 for the memebership as Pinhead said its only 21cents a day. I think the membership as support for the running costs of the site and its a small price to pay for a great site.

Steve/Moderators

I have tried to subscribe but the following msg come up-

"The email address or credit card has already been added to a PayPal account. If you have already opened a PayPal account, enter your email address and password into PayPal Checkout and click Log In. Otherwise, enter a different email address or credit card number to complete your purchase."

I don't have a PayPal account that I am aware of. I used the credit card option. Anyhelp would be apprieciated.
    Cheers Callum

Personally, I feel a sense of loyalty to Ausfish and to Steve Brown. I believe a subscription is a good thing as I'm sure it will free Ausfish up for further innovation. When we speak of 'user pays' we all use the site, I think primarily as a means of entertainment and enjoyment, as well as the educational component, therefore a subscription fee is well justified in my opinion.

However, presently being out of work puts me in a situation whereby I simply cannot afford to pay at the moment, but I will when I can.

I wish this had come up last year, as this year seems to be one which has become considerably expensive for boaties. Fuel prices, now rego increases, and now $80 for Ausfish. I know it's voluntary whether to subscribe or not, but I think the timing is a little out.

Steve, please don't take my post as a slur on the site or on your decision. I have much to thank Ausfish for, some good friends, hours of enjoyment, and a lot of lessons. I am grateful for all that is offered, and will pay my subscription when I can release the belt a bit.

Many thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Hi dad! will be around this weekend I swear..see you then.

your loving son

Sorry but that door was left wide open, good idea though.

cheers fnq
    Nah! The membership of dad and offspring would have to come from the same email address.................... easily policed.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Im with fish guts on this. It is a great site, no doubt about it, but I don't use it as much as others, and the things in question do not bother me either,

HOWEVER if it was an annual subsciption of $40, or choice or 6 months for $20 (just like rego) you may get more support and obviously more subsciptions. Most at the moment are watching there pennies, and may feel that $40 for six months is a bit rich.

Cheers anyway.
    Lee

Hi Steve

Just logged on and saw the message. Thought I was in trouble for a minute.HEHE
    On my work computer now so will sign up when I get home.

PS-- If you work out how to kill that ant let me know--- better still when we catch up to Grant we can swat him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie

I Agree i would just go to anther Fishing Website as my name says Battler ! don't you guys make enough bucks from Sponsors ? or are you to hungry ? You will drive people away ! GPS Marks they are every where these days ! Maybe if you got something for you buck like a Shirt a Hat you might have a chance but other wise it will fail.You need to get more Sponsors to the site that are in Australia Like Lowrance Shimano Silstar Furuno & all other Australia fishing wholesalers and this might get you some more cash in the bank and it will keep the posts coming as with out posts you have nothing.

Regards Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindi View Post
    Why would you want to divide the community..? ignore the ads. Personally I wouldnt subscribe, and knowing that I was only in part of the forum and there was an "elite" elsewhere I would lose interest. I would be very surprised if the forum didnt suffer from doing this. I was talking to a member tonight who is selling his new boat under financial pressure of rising interest rates and costs...fishos like him are not going to pay $40 for 6 months.Sorry to be a dissenting voice but I think this is a bad mistake. Much better to reduce operating costs by limiting posts to one photo or other cut backs.

Even though I think this one is a really bad idea wnat to congratulate admin on running a really good board.

Quote Originally Posted by battler1 View Post
    I Agree i would just go to anther Fishing Website as my name says Battler ! don't you guys make enough bucks from Sponsors ? or are you to hungry ? You will drive people away ! GPS Marks they are every where these days ! Maybe if you got something for you buck like a Shirt a Hat you might have a chance but other wise it will fail.You need to get more Sponsors to the site that are in Australia Like Lowrance Shimano Silstar Furuno & all other Australia fishing wholesalers and this might get you some more cash in the bank and it will keep the posts coming as with out posts you have nothing.

Regards Joe.
    You're missing the point Joe...................it's voluntary. You don't need to pay or go to another site, you just need to accept that you have to put up with the advertising if you don't pay.

Personally, if I can afford it then I pay it, there's no principles involved here as far as I'm concerned. I like the company here and don't need to go to another. I'll pay because I can and it's a way of showing appreciation and getting rid of those bloody pop ups. Some like a fag, some like a bet on the horses........I like speed at my 'puter and clean pages.

As for "getting something for your buck like a shirt or a hat" I think the fact that we get good knowledge and the company of good members, is priceless, and the fact that it is free is even more priceless. How many clubs nowadays don't have an annual membership fee. It's all about what value you place on that club, I'll pay seperately for my shirt and hat, thank you.

Like I say, it's voluntary so there's no issue as far as I'm concerned and certainly no need to tell the owner how to raise revenue from his own business.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.