Thread: severn river or macintyre brook

severn river or macintyre brook

Does anyone fish severn river near Ballandean which is south of stanthorpe or macintyre brook near coolmunda at greenup weir really want to find out as much info.

cheers, tazzydevil

Re: severn river or macintyre brook

I hear their on the bite at coolmunda. Story goes that a few guys went a couple of weeks back and caught around 100 yellas. They went back to the ramp and shared them around with the campers.
    A friend done the same at Leslie around a month back, and the same thing.
    We went to Leslie last weekend, couldnt get a bite. They let the water go down the condermine River. Water was cold as.
    I caught a 2.5kg yella at yarramalong weir two weeks back, and had 2 set lines snaped.
    The condermine has a half meter rise today, so I might av a go 2morro.

High Tazzie

Mate is that the same Severn that runs through Ashford?

Not sure of where your at so can't really comment, but I do know that the Ashford Fishing Club Stock the Severn River every year with yellow's and cod, so if it's the same river then you should have no problems.

hkconc

Mate how many blokes caught 100?

We have bag limits for a reason so if these rumoured fisho's were over that limit, then they should be ashamed, even if they did shaer the catch around.
    Who needs 100 fish?

Rob T

hi rob
    couldnt agree with you more. Aperantly they released the smaller ones and took there bag limit to the ramp. Didnt here how many were in the boat thou.
    H

G'day Tazzie, I haven't fished that far upstream , I have heard the fishing is good for smaller cod in that area don't be put off by small water as there is cod in small water if it has depth to it.
    Rob it is not the same river that runs thru Ashford.
    Please don't exceed your bag limits I want my grandkids to catch some fish in the future.
    cheers rossco