Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 585 Furuno best price

Talking 585 Furuno best price

I am after to buy a Furuno 585 with a 600w transom mount transducer. Anyone bought one in OZ lately and got a good price?
    the cash is burning a hole in my pocket
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: 585 Furuno best price

Put one on order today. I rang a few places and ended up paying 2000 and then i get the $150 cash back on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thats preety good spiro. i think we sell them for $2199, not sure about the cashback.

Marco,That price has put the cat amongst the pigeons,even with the good exchange rates.
    David

you seen the price of fuel these days? would only be a $25 saving by the time i drove there..lol
    Thanks anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

$10 bucks postage and you'll be laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by dnej View Post
    Marco,That price has put the cat amongst the pigeons,even with the good exchange rates.
    David
    looks as though a local importer decided to be competitive with there prices for a change , well done i think .

hey david , did you get your cable crimped ? i saw jaycar had crimpers for 40 bucks that would do the job for you .

Spiro, Did you check out O/S sites, you have a choice of 600w or 1G Transducer for the 585 with heaps still in your pocket...........Whitto PS Disregard my post the transducer is sold separately How crazy......Whitto
    Last edited by Whitto; 06-06-2008 at 07:52 AM.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Marco,
    Yep,got "oldboot" to do it for me when I was going past his place.Nice bloke.
    Regards David

Hey Spiro,

My old Deckie just got one through Marinedeal.com for bout $1,500 with transducer delivered to Narnagba.

Yet to try it out on his new rig but from all reports it was delivered without a hitch apart from customs charging a little for the import of products over $1,000.

Hows the fishing down that way?

Cheers

Mark

i have been looking on usa sites $1380 delivered to brissy but does anyone know if furuno in australia honour the warranty of a unit bought in the usa.

3 different dealers have told me no warrenty in OZ. You have to send them back overseas to get the claim. I would of like to pay US prices but don't want to lose sounder for weeks at a time. Not worth the the hassel.
    Looked ay overseas ones cheep enough...but warrenty comes first! for peace of mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by -spiro- View Post
    3 different dealers have told me no warrenty in OZ. You have to send them back overseas to get the claim. I would of like to pay US prices but don't want to lose sounder for weeks at a time. Not worth the the hassel.
    Looked ay overseas ones cheep enough...but warrenty comes first! for peace of mind.

you will get warranty in oz , local guy needs authority from furuno usa before work can begin

this is a post from another thread about furuno warranty .

email qoute from : Hideyuki Terada, Assistant Manager of Section-2 Asia Oceania Marine Market, Head Office, Japan.

As far as the warranty goes, the Furuno National Distributor, who sold the product, has the warranty responsibility based on the Furuno International Warranty Policy. For instance, when you buy a product imported from US, Furuno USA is responsible for the warranty for that product. J. N. Taylor can support that product on behalf of Furuno USA, not on J. N. Taylor's responsibility. You may contact J. N. Taylor for a warranty repair but J.N. Taylor will need to confirm the actual warranty condition with the Furuno National Distributor, who sold the product, Furuno USA in this case. It may sounds complicated but our policy is to have the Furuno National Distributors be responsible for the products they sold.