Thread: 585 Furuno best price

Re: 585 Furuno best price

interesting....
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by -spiro- View Post
    interesting....
    but really with the cash back offer from furuno australia it makes the difference between 100-200 dollars and for that i would support the local dealer . i think that is a fair price difference comparing to the usa and furuno australia should be supported for competing with the usa imports unlike many others .

oh and that is assuming you are intending to pay all the correct taxes if importing .

marco,
    with the exchange rate,plus the bank fee,plus freight,plus GST,and import duty,the impotred price is $ 1729 AUS. ( Including 600 transducer) STARTING PRICE U.S $1370.

At $ 1800 from local deal,much of a muchness
    Regards David

Quote Originally Posted by dnej View Post
    marco,
    with the exchange rate,plus the bank fee,plus freight,plus GST,and import duty,the impotred price is $ 1729 AUS. ( Including 600 transducer) STARTING PRICE U.S $1370.

At $ 1800 from local deal,much of a muchness
    Regards David
    No way! I paid my duties and only paid about $1550.

And that was before the rates were this good.

Tim
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

Ihave been buying a lot of stuff from J&H PRODUCTS incl 585 which only cost me 1350 landed at my door. All they ever do is write $500 on the customs slip and you pay no GST, duties, and Ive been getting stuff in the thousands, never been charged a cent extra.

Quote Originally Posted by DAZMC1 View Post
    Ihave been buying a lot of stuff from J&H PRODUCTS incl 585 which only cost me 1350 landed at my door. All they ever do is write $500 on the customs slip and you pay no GST, duties, and Ive been getting stuff in the thousands, never been charged a cent extra.
    Why do you guys persist in doing this? Whether you evade tax is your decision, but don't keep bragging about it on a public forum! The purchaser is the importer and the one responsible for the paper work being correct, not the supplier. No skin off ############# if you get caught and convicted. I can tell you that you definitely do not want customs and excise crawling all over your purchases. Won't surprise me to hear that all imports from certain suppliers starting to be scrutinised soon.

As to using the tax evaded price difference to argue for purchasing overseas, sorry that one just does not wash! Happy to accept if the comparison is like to like and all taxes paid, but don't kids yourself about the tax.

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Timfishin4fun View Post
    No way! I paid my duties and only paid about $1550.

And that was before the rates were this good.

Tim
    Was it before the US put their prices up, about a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by John Martin View Post
    Was it before the US put their prices up, about a month ago?
    it would have been as the dollar went up before the furuno price hike

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider1 View Post
    Why do you guys persist in doing this? Whether you evade tax is your decision, but don't keep bragging about it on a public forum! The purchaser is the importer and the one responsible for the paper work being correct, not the supplier. No skin off ############# if you get caught and convicted. I can tell you that you definitely do not want customs and excise crawling all over your purchases. Won't surprise me to hear that all imports from certain suppliers starting to be scrutinised soon.

As to using the tax evaded price difference to argue for purchasing overseas, sorry that one just does not wash! Happy to accept if the comparison is like to like and all taxes paid, but don't kids yourself about the tax.

Cheers

Dave
    just to add a bit more on this , it may be a stretch to say customs do read stuff like this thread but i will bet a lot of industry people do and my bet would be that they are the ones that would tell customs what is going on .

Yes I got in a couple of days before the price went up.

Tim
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!