Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Double or Nothing" at the 2008 Toyota Fraser Island Fishing Expo

Re: "Double or Nothing" at the 2008 Toyota Fraser Island Fishing Expo

Great report and a great looking boat. Very interesting reading for one that has never been to the comp. Great pics and it seems a helluva challenge putting large boats over those tracks....

Great Report Mr ReefMaster,
    I like the look of Double or Nothing - great looking rig - love those rear cleats and great looking trailer.
    Looks like the poor AMM found the pothole from hell??What happened?
    Is there any chance of seeing a couple of photos of your rigs fit out or is she secret mens business!
    My boats at the paint shop now, after under going a major rebuild/ refit - same wheel house configuration as yours but a little smaller. I'll show you mine( when she's done) if you show me yours??
    BeastMaster

Thanks for the report, nice redthroat. Shame about the weather and thanks for the photos. We go for 2 weeks in July so it was good to see the gutter pics. Been to more comps than I can remember but not to the last 4 or 5, I don't miss the crowds but the catch up was always good along with meeting new faces.
    How do the guys go down at Waddy with no generators these days or do they allow it for the comp?
    Tony

Thanks for the report, some nice reds there, and seems you got quite a few. I went to the comp many years back, the weather the week before the comp was perfect week of the comp blew 50knots, was the year the helicopter crashed at orchid beach. Definitely some awesome fishing over there.

Graham, Hope you don't mind mate, but I've took the liberty of working on one of your pics as the lighting made it a perfect subject. My idea is to make a photograph look more like a painting. This gives you an idea of what can be achieved even with a low resolution pic. If you or Greg would like me to work on any of your originals, just pm me. They look great blown up to about 16x12 or even 20x16 and framed.

Two different interpretations:

Last edited by kingtin; 04-06-2008 at 09:34 AM.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

nice work kev, they look great! the second one especially

Gday Greg, Good to hear you got the boat home without any other damage. Nice to meet you all up there and get a look at the new boat in the flesh. Some quality fish, but as always you put in the yards and got the results. Pity about the weather but thats the risk you take with trips away i guess, its an adventure and i think that in itself is always fun.

Well done getting on the board with the red throat Foxy, those rod and reels are sure a laugh .. i think maybe a few of those better random prizes should be for the wining fish.

Hopefully i'll see you all next year.

Jas

JB where are you?

we are still waiting for the carton of beer mate haha

cheers Murf

Another one............this time of the riptides:

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Thanks for the comments guys

Ballsie it was a pleasure spending the week you blokes and I can't wait for the feast at Olives and Cheese's place.

Graham thanks heaps for those pics mate as it's not often you get pics like that when all are involved in launching the boat. Cheers

Scrubba01
    The Suzuki performed fantasticly and I'm glad this was my motor of choice. I have not interfaced the suzuki to my gps yet so I'm not sure on fuel figures and it would be to hard assume as we just keeping putting fuel into it everyday just to on the safe side. Like most the fuel gauge is not a good indication but hopefully soon I can get some accurate figures.

Rhys
    Foxy earned his keep this year and lived up to his reputation of pulling a fine Morwong I even captured the great catch on camera and it made for some funny footage I can tell you. Like you say Rhys it must have been the skipper last year that let you down or maybe it could have been the fact you blokes were throwing fake plastic baits to the depths to often.

Ed Ed Ed
    Righto there may have been a little aspect of "soft" in this trip but when you have 5 blokes in the one boat and crappy conditions someone has to drive to get the boys onto the fish. I must admit it was nice and comfortable sitting in the cab driving with a few tunes playing while the boys battled the wind, rain and rough seas. If a few 15kg Reds started coming over the side then I may have changed my tune and barged them out of my way. If I feel that i need to Harden up in the future then I will keep you in mind but I think I will stay dry for the mean time I must thank you and Trento for giving us the push as Macca told me you blokes thought we had no chance of getting the boat ready in time. We made it easy and still had a few hours of time free before we left.

Dale
    The first fish to the boat was a small trevally that macca had hooked in the bum We classed this as bait and not a fish so the next fish which was a Red will be classed as the first fish

Sambos
    Mate the blocks you can see on the lower transom are indeed anodes and the black ones above that are the electric Volvo penta ql trim tabs which work remarkably well.

Garry
    The QL tabs are just the best piece of simple engineering around. They are so easy to use and respond so fast making driving a pleasure. Dave from Riptide has used the bennets and lencos most of time and couldn't believe how well the QL tabs worked and how it barely slows the speed down apposed to the bennets/lencos.

Steveo
    Now that the boat has more size to it are you going to come for a wide trip one day?. I still can't promise we will see land but

Beastmaster
    Not sure what happened to the trailer under that AMM but man it was a mess. Mate the full build and finished pics are in the boating section. Here's the link to the page of the finished product.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...124086&page=11

Tony
    Waddy is packed and booked out well in advanced for the comp but yes not having generators allowed there has turned alot of people away from this spot.

Regards,
    Greg

Kev
    That looks great mate. I can only imagine what it would look like in full resolution. I will have to send the originals through and see what you can do. Top stuff

JB
    Was good to meet again and glad you blokes made the trip up there. I think you left at the right time Jas.

Murf
    Good to see you up there again and really enjoying yourself. Sorry I didn't get more a chance to speak to you more as it's blokes like yourself that make Fraser all that more enjoyable.

Cheers Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Reefmaster View Post
    Kev
    That looks great mate. I can only imagine what it would look like in full resolution. I will have to send the originals through and see what you can do. Top stuff

Cheers Greg
    No worries Greg,

When you are ready just pm me and I'll send you my email. Any number of pics or locations, as I'm only practicing yet, and the more I do, the better I get (hopefully)

kev

Makes for nice portraits too Greg. Hope yer dad likes this. I'm wondering how he's in a vertical position compared to the angle of the horizon..........musta been a bit lumpy!

kev

Quote Originally Posted by Reefmaster View Post
    Rhys
    Foxy earned his keep this year and lived up to his reputation of pulling a fine Morwong I even captured the great catch on camera and it made for some funny footage I can tell you.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Im glad you mentioned that greg, its always nice to challange yourself and vary the catch, especially so when a video camera is shoved in your face. Truly a moment to remember. ...foxy

The trailer under this AMM was a mess. It was missing the front axle assem and the rear axle was bent like a bannana.

mmmm ...... what brand of trailer was that ?????

Karma ... what goes round, comes round

Mal