Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Double or Nothing" at the 2008 Toyota Fraser Island Fishing Expo

Re: "Double or Nothing" at the 2008 Toyota Fraser Island Fishing Expo

greg,

great report, looked like a lot of fun both fishing and 4wdriving. great boat too

cheers

shane

Hi Greg,
    Top report mate! Look forward to seeing you in your new boat off DI this winter!
    Cheers,
    Benny.

Great report. Pity about the weather

Hi Greg
    Great report, shame about the weather. Good to hear the new boat went well must have been a bit nerve racking putting something you've worked so hard on through such a huge test straight up. Then when you think the worst is over some one tries to park a boat on top of it.

What sort of klm to the ltr did you get out of the Suzi and were you happy with the performance?

Great Read Greg...

Looked like a big mission getting up there but some nice fish resulted.

Pete

Fantasics account of your time Greg, looks like I picked the right year to stay away

shame Foxy never performed like that with us! must've been the skipper

Catch ya soon

rhys

Great report and pics greg sounds like you had a ball despite the weather. Looking forward to next months BNB.CHEERS BRENDAN

thanks for a good read Greg, and congrats on the boat mate it's definitly a looker. That one with the sun on it in the gutter is a great shot. Chris.

Greg,
    Great report, great boat and by all accounts I have heard so far a great trip despite the bad weather. I was straight onto Macca when he got back as to how the boat went and I new with him being a dedicated fibreglass man I'd get an honest opinion. Well combined with your own report it sounds like a "very nice" boat. I did say to Macca though that you should be careful with a boat so large and comfortable because you might start to romance about the "cruising" aspects of our sport rather than the "fishing" elements. To hear stories about "driving instead of fishing" and "letting the rod holder catch the fish" it seems some of my fears could be coming true!

You are far to young to be retiring from the sport of fishing yet and we all have much more to learn from you before you do. So...... If you ever want to go fishing again (instead of cruising), and yearn to feel the freezing sting of saltwater spray on your face (and inside your jacket) in the wee hours give me a call, I'd be glad to take you out. LOL

Enjoy the new boat mate, I actually couldn't believe that you got it together in time and my hat definitely goes off to Terry - what can you say but thanks for a HUGE effort, good on you Terry.

Ed

Congrats on the boat Greg, she looks a fine bit of gear.
    What was the first fish over the side??

Looks like youse made the best out of the weather and nailed some top fish.
    top stuff men

cheers dale

hey greg
    sounds like ya had fun testing the boat out in average conditions.At least it wasnt calm,you now know what your boats like in all conditons,or maybe jelously cause I wasnt up there.
    I,m probably gonna get bagged here as ive only been a fibreglass boat owner.But after studying the last photo in your report where you say not very clean or something along those lines I notice 4 sets of blocks along the lower stern .Just wondering what they are?Sacrafical anodes ,or some mounting plate for trimtabs maybe.

nice rig

Unbeleivable effort guys, you did well to last the time.

Greg, how did those tabs go??
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Just had a look at the pics on the home PC. Very nice Greggo.

Graham they are top pics too mate. I bet Greg appreciates those coz he can't get ones like that when he's driving the boat.

Forgot to mention before - was good to catch up with everyone up there (Olives and cheese (aka Fish a Bit'n), Harden Up crew, Team Cruise Craft, The Riptide crews, Murf and anyone else as well. Was also great to meet some people I'd not met before (Graham, Ballsy, Stevo, Peter, Mick etc). Good bunch of blokes and hopefully will catch up with you all somewhere along the way soon.

Also thanks again Shane for organising the house and cooking us breakfast and providing the entertainment - especially with the warden. What a laugh.

Rhys - Foxy was on fire. Couldn't miss.

Ed, I hear ya man. Greg's already turning soft

Fantastic report Greg & a fantastic effort just getting her up there.
    Great to here you all had a top time.
    Cheers Steve

Blue
    2011 Hobie Outback
    [Mine]
    Dune 2011 Hobie Outback [Wife]
    Ocean 2011 Ocean Kayak Scrambler 11 [Son]
    Purple Mist 2011 Ocean Kayak Scrambler 11 [Daughter]