Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: matrix's barra boofing footage

matrix's barra boofing footage

i was just wondering have you seen the the new volume 11 fishing dvd, where Jason Wilhem{ MATRIX} is surface fishing for barra at Awonga. The footage of the barrra's bow wave as it is chasing his lure is unbelievable. I replayed the scene over and over, it really gets the blood pumping. Awesome segment.
    Ethan

Re: matrix's barra boofing footage

It was eye opening stuff for me too........... those huge bow waveswere amazing.

The only thing I really wanted to know was, is it a summer only thing or would it still be doing well while they are sunning themselves in the shallows in winter?

Also the sight of the plastic reminded me of burning buzzbaits through the same kind of heavy weed for our Bass and I can guarantee that a big buzzbait made for Pike and Muskies in North America would draw the same results.

The other bit I liked was that an American bass pro was the one to put them on to it. I'm a big believer that we are miles behind the Yanks and the Japs and the techniques they use are very applicable to our fishing situations, we just need to work out when.

Josh

I reckon it was one of the best segments of the whole series. Jason seems to like to deliver the unexpected. I also liked him and Starlo fishing the shallows for those big mongrels a few dvd's back. I had the good fortune to fish with Jas in excactly this way.
    When you look at where he casts to you can't help think to yourself " you've got this beautiful big lake to play in and your casting into that dirty muck on the edge " When you see the fish leaping from that same water it becomes very apparent that he's really done his homework on these fish, and he's always thinking quite a bit outside the box.
    Can't wait for the next one

1. The boofin barra segment.

2. Peter Morse catching that big brown trout in Tassie.( good to see a top fisherman that happy )

3. Scott Amon chasing juvenile marlin on the shallows at Fraser Island.

Josh,
    Lost 3 big fish last week in heavy timber at Monduran using the same method
    plus several other hits has to be one of the most exciting ways to fish.

Cheers Foxie
    Always Think Like A Fish - No Matter How Weird It Gets

I think we should put a leg rope on young Jason or the species will become threatned.

Introduce him to the thrill of catching Whiting on light gear.

Or maybe just add more Barra fingerlings.

To be honest I have a few of the Barra size frogs and smaller that I am trying on Mary River Cod and Bass. If I have any success I will put it out there.

Regards Gordon

Thrill of whiting and light gear - Gordon do I detect a hint of sarcasm there? HaHa!

Very well put together segment, with excellent action shots and what-not (they covered everything well). Loved seeing that 112 of Shannon's absolutely smoke and bury him into the depths. Those Fishing DVD's are awesome value for money I reckon... only missed a few to date.

Cheers

Theo
    TT

ye that footage is incredible, seeing the bow waves behind the lure before it disappeared in the barras mouth was amazing. will deffinately have to give it a try when barra season comes around

Some of the best barra footage I've seen to date ........ GOTTA LUV IT

Nice to know that you're about to get smashed Its a shame that they didn't pick up the Jaws dramatic music

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Some of the best barra footage I've seen to date ........ GOTTA LUV IT

Nice to know that you're about to get smashed Its a shame that they didn't pick up the Jaws dramatic music

Nagg
    Chris, Is this the DVD on sale at the newsagents or some other location..........Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Whitto,

Yes this is the fishing magazine DVD. It was a great section, and I personally have watched it now about.......can't remember as it's too many times!!!!!

Cheers
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboss View Post
    Whitto,

Yes this is the fishing magazine DVD. It was a great section, and I personally have watched it now about.......can't remember as it's too many times!!!!!

Cheers
    Matt
    Thanks Matt, Just thought I would ask the question in case it was some other footage getting around.......Right I'm off to the newsagent for my copy, I will more than likely learn something knowing Jas back ground and research........Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Thanks Matt, Just thought I would ask the question in case it was some other footage getting around.......Right I'm off to the newsagent for my copy, I will more than likely learn something knowing Jas back ground and research........Whitto
    Yeh Whitto ..... Its in the Newsagents now , hopefully you're now watching it !
    The technique is simplicity in itself ........ maybe that's why its so novel

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Yeh Whitto ..... Its in the Newsagents now , hopefully you're now watching it !
    The technique is simplicity in itself ........ maybe that's why its so novel

Chris
    Your not wrong Chris that is absolutely fantastic footage (Jaws music in the background would not of been out of place), If you weren't in a Barra impoundment you would reckon a torpedo was about to take you out, Thanks Jas now I've got a ripper dose of IBD......anyhow gotta go Ive got to have some more of that.......Whitto

good movie
    That can be done anywhere in shellow water.
    I use to do the exact same thing 2 summers back in hervey bay but instead of the horny toads i used 110 squidgy fish/weedless and they also work great but this was only on barra up to 85cm

cheers BK

Thumbs up Re: matrix's barra boofing footage

Ok, i need some of them froggy looking things. Good on you Jas now I have to add more lures to my collecion.

Awoonga here I come, lucky winter hasn't arrived up here yet.

Peter