Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: matrix's barra boofing footage

Re: matrix's barra boofing footage

It a real bit of awsome footage Jas thats for sure My dad told me stories of the old day in Pedder that the fish there did simular things but he used a fishcake, a bit of wood with a propellar at the front to create the little bow wave and the big trout of day past would come up and boof them.

Nath

Hey Nath, Some locals from Cannon Hill used to do pretty much the same thing in the NT with a polished 303 shell and a double tail mister twister jamed up it for the legs, worked a treat.
    Cheers Foxie
    Always Think Like A Fish - No Matter How Weird It Gets

Yep, great footage.

Will be giving it a go during my next visit to Awonga & Moduran.

I've been using scum frogs for bass in heavy waterlylies but not with that sort of retrieve.

Should be worth trying in bass impoundment weedbeds.

Luc

Quote Originally Posted by Magella View Post
    Hey Nath, Some locals from Cannon Hill used to do pretty much the same thing in the NT with a polished 303 shell and a double tail mister twister jamed up it for the legs, worked a treat.
    Cheers Foxie
    I remember when I was young tacker my Old Dad used to cut out a frog shape out of the sole of the old sandshoe he used to thread a hook through the top part of the body and thats what he used to catch his Barra and Jacks in the Johnston River in Innisfail, Why I had forgotten about that I have no clue(Maybe to much beer over the years)....about 4 months ago u gave me a couple of frog patterns to try on Bass, they now have a Gaimakatsu 5/0worm ewg rigged ready for the next trip to Mondy...We will see how they go.......Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

I just bought some berkley bat wing frogs, i was just wondering if these would have the same effect?

Cheers