Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leader Recommendations?

Re: Leader Recommendations?

Another for yamatoyo, 10-20lb, I tie it to my fins prt with a double uni, and it has never failed me yet.

simon

Smile Re: Leader Recommendations?

Rock FC for me 8lb.

My first post!!!!

I mainly only fish 40 pound and up have found Black Magic Tough Trace to be a good leader, not bad on memory and good abbrassion resistance, don't know about knot strength don't use them any more I swage all my leaders. Have tried the platipus stuff too much memory and the Penn 10 X is terrible for abbrassion. On a recent reef trip catching Red Throat at night it would only last for 2 drops if you are lucky, with black magic you would get 10 and more drops.

Quote Originally Posted by tasreeling View Post
    Rock FC for me 8lb.

My first post!!!!
    I have used Rock FC in 12lb and find it is okay as well but does frey reasonably easy on reef structure. Welcome to Ausfish.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Black Magic

I use vanish but i not overly impressed with it. Been thinking of changing to something else. I am watching this thread to see what people are using and what they are prepared to recommend.

I see nitlon is the favourite at the moment, maybe this thread should be converted to a poll.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    I use vanish but i not overly impressed with it. Been thinking of changing to something else. I am watching this thread to see what people are using and what they are prepared to recommend.

I see nitlon is the favourite at the moment, maybe this thread should be converted to a poll.

Peter
    I was thinking the same thing Peter. If one of the mods feels like making this a poll then feel free to do so.

Regards,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

back magic fluro 20 lb breaks about 10 lb i think its too soft may go buy some 20 lb snieder coop