Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What was your last O/S tackle purchase and where from?

Re: What was your last O/S tackle purchase and where from?

Howdy Jim,
    Sorry bout ya bank balance m8 .I just love the JDM stuff,And looks like your becoming a bit of a fan too.It just becomes addictive.

You seem to be lookin in the right places.I'll send ya a few more ta check out.

I wouldn't mind that Black Sheep of yours.

Regards. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Just got a Zillion Hyper Speed landed on my door for 280bux...thought that was a real good bargain.

Luckily i made it before our dollar slipped!
    For fishing reports, fishing info, new techniques and fishing news read;
    Savvy Fishing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Hardb8 View Post
    I wouldn't mind that Black Sheep of yours.

Regards. B8.
    well mate i've sent you a pm regarding a certain ice cream

Jim

I bought myself a Team Daiwa Advantage 1500A from the states on eBay on Thursday. $189 delivered it'll cost me. Saved about $90 on the M O tackle price of an Advantage.

Need help. Looking at Buying a Branzino but seem to be getting prices in the Mid $900 from japan tackle, plat etc...

Here in Australia they are $849. Am i missing something.

Not every reel is a bargain...

Unfortunately the branzino is one of them. You can still get em slightly cheaper if your vigilant but you dont save a great heap....

I bidded on one on ebay and an hour from the finish the seller pulled the reel off the auction cause it didnt get the price he was after...friggin bastard. I would have scored that one for about AU$550. No wonder he didnt sell it.
    For fishing reports, fishing info, new techniques and fishing news read;
    Savvy Fishing Blog

your not missing anything, its just that our dollar has crashed against the US..this in turn means it has crashed against the yen, last check it was down to around 73-74 JPY, down from around 100 a month or so ago!!

earlier in the year i picked up 3 reels and 2 rods overseas downside with rods is the airfreight so the savings arnt as big but with dollar crashing im giong to have to wait i was thinking about getting a very good gt popper rod and reel but now not a chance glad i spent up big 4 months ago lol

Can't remember any actual tackle purchases but I get my reel parts from the reel doctor, think they are Canadian aye.
    Well worth it for ABU, Zebco and Quantum gear parts.