Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What was your last O/S tackle purchase and where from?

Re: What was your last O/S tackle purchase and where from?

I got a certate 3500hd off ebay, it came from japan. I won it for $430 and paid $20 postage i had it in my hands 3 days later. They retail around $659 here.
    Marty.
    Last edited by marty+jojo; 09-06-2008 at 09:18 AM.

I purchased a Shimano Saragosa 8000F from TackleDirect USA for AUD $275 delivered to door via UPS Worldwide Express(1-4days) with no drama. Saved AUD $100.

Cheers

Daiwa Sol 2000 for $197 delivered from ebay US

a heap of Rapala CD 18's from Bass Pro, for about $11 each, worked out to be 13 bucks each after postage and exchange

Penn 560L Live liner with extra spool. $85 AU delivered
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

bass.jp
    steez 100h
    $501Aud landed

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Nagg how did you go getting the placcies into the country ,i was under the impression that they they wont let them in without an M.D.S [materials data sheet ] and if you did have no probs could you let me know who you went through thanks ...matt

Matt ... They turned up today .... no dramas ( Zoom Horny toads & Gambler Ugly otters) + other bits & pieces

Cheers

Chris

I buy a truck load of stuff (Mainly fishing related) from US E-bay and various US tackle stores.
    There is so much stuff selling in Australia that far exceeds the o/s purchase prices.
    The glaring one for me is Plano Tackle Boxes, they are half price or less from US stores like Bass Pro etc. Get a few mates together, order a few of them, share the postage and you save a motza !!! A group of us from work ordered 8 of the O-ring Plano storage box, they sell locally for around $50 each, Inc Shipping and exchange rate we got them for $22 each to the door !!!
    The Plano Buckets (with the yellow lid) with the insert bucket for changing the water, $35 locally, Bass Pro around $10 -$12 US, throw one in with the order at the price thank you !!
    Mustad 7766 hooks for fishing the reef, buy a 100 box O/S for the price of a 50 box locally. Yep the Rapalla's are also good value, got a heap of them from Bass Pro too !
    Shoes, shorts, shirts, bargins all over the shop, somebody stop me...........

Currently doing an order with a few guys from work, savings to be had on Shimano Baitrunners & Currado Baitcasters, Columbia zip off pants, Wet/deck shoes, quality boat shoes.
    Not affiliated with Paypal and never had a drama so you don't pay the extra 2.5% .

Last bulk order we spent over $500, postage within approx 10 days was only $60.

PM me if you need any more details.

Cheers
    Craig

Also got a Furuno Sounder (4100) through Scuba Steve's for a significant saving as well, landed to my door for around $260 without Transducer as I had one!!

Quote Originally Posted by sp nut View Post
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there are any exemptions or restrictions if you are planning on importing your own tackle, i.e. is there a quantity/dollar limit, etc?

Obviously, dangerous goods like knives, etc would be prohibited but, I am more interested in buying a couple of Daiwa Certate Hyper customs. On the present Japanese exchange rate, these reels would work out to be around $600 ea, which is a saving of approximately $100 each on the local RRP.

Cheers,

James
    Imported a fair few knives a couple of years ago with no problems. Always marked as being knives inside and they were always opened and inspected by Customs on the way in. No problem as long as its not illegal in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
    Scott,

Whenever purchasing goods from Cabelas always get them sent surface mail. As you said it only costs 25% of total order amount,but they will automatically send it air-mail for the same cost.....Strange but true.

So dont be surprised if the goods you had sent surface mail turn up in 7 - 10 days.

Steve99
    good advice steve.
    downrigger sent the expensive way took 1 week........other package containing a variety of gear sent surface mail took less than 2 weeks.it also came by air.
    nice,prompt,hassel-free transaction.

scott

Chronarch 100BSV and Johnny Morris reels. Have also gotten stradics, Sols and Zillion from the US.
    Great prices but just remember to add GST onto it and postage. Still works out cheap.

Rich

These babies.............

Some unusual looking HB lures and a Penn low profile reel from Cabelas. Had them sent surface mail and they were here in about 10 days.
    "This space is saved for my next special catch"
    "Rainy" Haines Hunter 540C Yamaha 130 HPDI
    28lb King Salmon
    18lb Steelhead (Rainbow) Trout
    12lb Brown Trout
    6.5lb Brook Trout
    12lb Murry Cod
    6'+ Bronze Whaler Shark

Put an offer in on a Team Daiwa Advantage 1500 on eBay US (Don't know if you can get then in Aus) so hopefully he'll accept it!

Daiwa Millionaire...HL 103 SSS Ringa.

Not currently available here in Aus,So I can't really compare savings to what a local price would be.

I got it from Plat out of Japan.

I've been doing the online thing for a few years now,Buying all types of tackle including :-Rods,Reels and lures.I use the bay,And various other overseas online tackle shops (Mainly in Japan)

There are a few standouts in my experience,But Mr Ogawa at Plat goes that extra mile.He goes out of his way to locate difficult to source items for me time and again.

On receiveing my invoice for the SSS I noticed he had knocked off 10,000 yen (About AU$100) from the store price,And provided free shipping and handleing.

Mr Ogawa is currently having trouble locating a rare item for me at present.So for my patients and customer loyalty,This was his way of saying thankyou.

I have NEVER received the kind of service provided by Plat here in Australia.And although I have never met him in person,For some reason he comes across as a genuinely nice person.

I have no offiliation whatsoever with this store.Just my experience as a paying customer.

Cheers. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.