Thread: Show & Tell

Show & Tell

Hi all you fellow IBD suffers ...... Well have I got a lure for you ( specially while you are hunting for those shallow water sunbathers!

A mate picked up a couple of these lures in Japan ..... Manufactured by Yo-Zuri ( squid jig fame) Called the "Live bait series"

Its a floater (very buoyant) ..... 130mm ( 28 grams) ......So its going to cast like a rocket
    But the big difference is that it has a reasonably soft body .....You can slightly compress it & bend it

As you can see by the pics .... It will be a great gar imitation IMO
    I've included a photo with a standard Long A BomberAttachment 27885
    + the Cosmetic surgery version ( Owner upgrades)Attachment 27886

Anyhow .... It looks the goods & I might even have a cast with her tomorrow over some pittwater flats to see how she swims

Cheers

Nagg

PS .... They also do Vibes with rattles in the same soft polymer

Re: Show & Tell

Chris
    They look the goods, did the owner upgrade slow the buoyancy? Did you match the size of the standard trebles? What colors??
    Interested in them, look similar to MARS and B 52!
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    Chris
    They look the goods, did the owner upgrade slow the buoyancy? Did you match the size of the standard trebles? What colors??
    Interested in them, look similar to MARS and B 52!
    Ben
    Hi Ben ..... My ears must have been burning
    I've just played around with it ...... And the final result is a 2/O ST66 + No7 Hyper wire split in the belly _ _ _ 1/O & No6 hyper wire split in the tail

This is the final result ..... Attachment 27888....... Noice! ( an additional split tail/belly ..... would turn it into a suspender?)

Not sure about the colours ( i'll research) ..... The hooks were between a 1/O & 2/O .. but light wire

We will see how the action is ...... but I think it could certainly fill a niche between the Bombers/B52s ....... & slick rigs Time will tell & it will be fun trying

Chris
    Last edited by NAGG; 31-05-2008 at 11:52 AM.

giiday, where can i get some from?

Jackall also do a soft 4in minnow. the same stuff as the mask vib. They both look awesome.

http://www.jackall-lures.com/product16.html
    Keep smiling, It makes people wonder what you're up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbo View Post
    Jackall also do a soft 4in minnow. the same stuff as the mask vib. They both look awesome.

Gee's I like the look of that lure the only problem I have is how much punishment can it take and possibility of trebble upgrade, Looks good though......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Well .... I had a cast with her today & had a really good look in clear conditions + a bit of a raised position.
    As I suspected ...... It cast like a bullet ( like throwing a 6" wooden popper) ...... I was casting 40-45M on my Zillion ( 50lb braid) ...... So it will be a great point / shallow bay lure ( specially in the hands of a decent caster)
    A straight medium wind ....... allowed a light shimmy ( much like a B52)
    With a jerk wind retrieve ....... you got this broad darting action ( 45cm side to side)
    == The 2/O + 1/O hook configuration ....... You end up with a lure that runs at 2-3 feet ....... & is a slow riser ( about 4-5 seconds on a pause)

So I'm thinking it could be a useful alternative to a B52 / Bomber ..... certainly casts better!
    & On checking out the Yo-Zuri site ...... & couple of colours have caught my eye ( Hopefully it will catch Homers eye too )

Cheers

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbo View Post

The Yo-Zuri is made out of a much tougher material than the mask vibe ...... probably the same feel/compression as an electrical lead ...... but more rigid

Nagg

chris, how do you reckon they will go shareing a tray with others re deteriation a la soft plastics??

Nagg
    I am pretty interested in the gold color, as the good ol gold b52's work a treat. Anything to mix it up. Any idea on price or when the are available???
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    chris, how do you reckon they will go shareing a tray with others re deteriation a la soft plastics??
    No .... I don't think that there will issues with deterioration ...... Its like some sought of impact modified polymer ..... maybe urethane) ....... rather than a plasticised PVC or silicone rubber!

Chris

Chris.

Are the tow points straight on her? Ha! I have tried a few Yo-Zuri's... mostly the Crystals... swim them straight out of the pack and they will be on their side all the way back to the Boat. They are a bloody good Lure... very nice action and profile, but why I seem to be getting crooked tow points is beyond me.

QUEENSLANDER!

Theo
    TT

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    Chris.

Are the tow points straight on her? Ha! I have tried a few Yo-Zuri's... mostly the Crystals... swim them straight out of the pack and they will be on their side all the way back to the Boat. They are a bloody good Lure... very nice action and profile, but why I seem to be getting crooked tow points is beyond me.

QUEENSLANDER!

Theo
    Hi Theo

Mate ..... It swam very well .... no issues there
    In years gone by ..... I'd bought a few Yo-Zuris ( clear polycarbonate lures) & I didn't think much of them

Cheers

Chris

Chris have alook at Shimreels web site, have bought lures from this mob very interesting lures certainly as far as Barra go, Preriged with owner hooks.......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless