Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Monduran Stiffys

Monduran Stiffys

Hey all,
    looks like ill just be fine tuning the tackle this w/end, re hooking the chosen lures and such.Is the go with the stiffys that you want the neutral or just slow sinking as the couple iv got float?
    cheers chewy........

Re: Monduran Stiffys

I got 2 stiffys the other day
    the silver one sank and the green one floated.
    I added a #1 owner to the front of the floater and removed the #7 split ring from the tow point. now it is a very slow rising floater.
    For the silver sinker, I removed the #7 split rings from the 2 trebles and the tow point and refitted the standard #2 owner trebles with #6 owner hyperwire splits, it is also now a very slow floater. they will probably suspend or slowly sink when attached to a leader but i think that will be ok. Deliberately didn't get fluorocarbon leader as it is easier to make lures sink than float.

Cheers Roo.

I've been harbouring a semi since this whole escapade began.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I've been harbouring a semi since this whole escapade began.
    LOL... everytime i see a thread with these lures mentioned i think it's only a matter of time really....

.....yes those lures have an unfortunate or fortunate name depending on whch way you look at it.

I guess everyones talking about their stiffy which im sure makes the distributers very happy reagrdless.

Jim
    Last edited by Jungle Jim; 30-05-2008 at 05:39 PM.

With weather like this im not sure the stiffy will get a run.Ill have a play tomorrow in a bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    With weather like this im not sure the stiffy will get a run.Ill have a play tomorrow in a bucket.
    i wouldnt hold back on using the stiffy they worth a throw or 2 or 20 they got me a reaction last time so give it a run for sure
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    i wouldnt hold back on using the stiffy they worth a throw or 2 or 20 they got me a reaction last time so give it a run for sure
    cheers
    This is bazz: i have seen this on quite a few thread's. But what is a stiffy, can you please explain. Thank you bazz.

Oh Dear there's a loaded Question, but Im going to leave it alone (Oh Dear done it again) Bazz not having a go at u, Mate Im not going to try and explain the lure too u as I will get myself in the shite, do a search here and all will be revealed complete with photo just to prove that several anglers both Male and Female make use of their stiffy from time to time.... Im out of here cause I can't laugh and type at the same time.......Whitto
    Last edited by Whitto; 01-06-2008 at 06:20 PM.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Oh Dear there's a loaded Question, but Im going to leave it alone (Oh Dear done it again) Bazz not having a go at u, Mate Im not going to try and explain the lure too u as I will get myself in the shite, do a search here and all will be revealed complete with photo just to prove that several anglers both Male and Female make use of their stiffy from time to time.... Im out of here cause I can't laugh and type at the same time.......Whitto
    bit of a hard one hey whitto to explain if you go to this website you see alll about them http://www.bushy.com.au/
    cheers

I've found that if you give your stiffy too much of a go .... the finish becomes worn & dull!
    I'm just wondering if the Stiffy becomes less appealing at this point of time ....... & can you protect it somehow

Nagg

You lot have a lot to answer for.Apperently Steve B has a method where he rubs it regularly with something 's' factor i think.ill leave it up to ur imagination what the s stands for.
    chewy.........
    Might be safer if i leave mine at home..........

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    You lot have a lot to answer for.Apperently Steve B has a method where he rubs it regularly with something 's' factor i think.ill leave it up to ur imagination what the s stands for.
    chewy.........
    Might be safer if i leave mine at home..........

I think Steve only started rubbing S Factor on it ...... after Jas showed him

Womder if he uses some kind of applicator.Have to ask Foxie.

I thought it was peanut butter.??

As a side note, I rechecked the stiffy that was originally a sinker and realised i had removed the #2 owner treble off the front and replaced it with a #2 3X VMC treble in order to get it to slowly rise rather than sink. I might swap this around to put the VMC on the rear as the front hook is the more likey to cop a pounding if it gets eaten.
    cheers Roo.

Roo.
    Mine definately sank out of the packet-i just took it back and they replaced it no probs.
    Ben

Too far to go back. a few adjustments got it working ok. besides whats the chances the replacement wouldn't do the same!! In my case, very likely. Chaos is always just around the corner, making plans with Karma.