Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Monduran Stiffys

Re: Monduran Stiffys

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    hey all,
    hey roo i like ur modded r2s triho with the lightweight hooks,i reckon its bouyancy made the barra think his dinner was gettin away n couldnt resist.nice work on thinking outside the box.lol any more tips u can pass on?
    chewy..
    Actually, that was a tight arse move from a previous trip. I already had some #2 3X VMC's and thought bugger buying owners, these will do!!! I figured if they bend, I'll just replace them.....after feeling that hook pull near the end of the battle, I'm glad I changed my ways and had some owners to change them over to. after changing to a #1 on the front and a #2 rear with no centre hook it still floated much the same way as before....just a bit nose down. I changed the front hook to a #2 and it slow rises dead level now. Didn't get a chance to test it on a fish....

Cheers Roo.

Well all very interesting guys. I'm heading to monduran tomorrow night, and yes do have a stiffy, also have a couple of the lures to piff around. Very keen to score another after a big doughnut last trip. Will be giving the toads a go this time too. How can i not after seeing that footage. Ben

lookin forward to a report there mate, make sure you pack the uggies

Go hard Mate...Give it your best shot......look forward to your report and hopefully for you some Photos....Have a good trip....Whitto PS G'day Brian
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Speaking of Stiffys ........ Does anyone know if they are available in the "EVIL MINNOW" colour ??

Nagg

Looking forward to your report,maybe have a trip up there shortly
    Paulo

Yes im also looking forward to your report good luck and hope you catch a barra or 3

evnin whitto, not long till spring break now mate
    to help pass the time theres allways the ritual SMASHIN of the cockies in the third stae of origin, just to keep us amused mate

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    to help pass the time theres allways the ritual SMASHIN of the cockies in the third stae of origin, just to keep us amused mate
    I have a mild case of the shakes Brian.....I don't know if its IBD or the pending Battle before us.......I don't know why cause were going to flog em anyway......Roll on warmer days, everything is maintained, polished and ready to go......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Don't you know how hard it is to kill a cocky ...... hell if a atomic blast wont ..... do you really think a little drubbing at Lang Pk will !
    The cocky will rise out of the ashes & the humiliation!!!!!

& besides ..... you guys cant play at Homebush

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Don't you know how hard it is to kill a cocky ...... hell if a atomic blast wont ..... do you really think a little drubbing at Lang Pk will !

Chris,
    We QLDers can play in any bush...and love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Chris,
    We QLDers can play in any bush...and love it!
    I've seen some of that Qld bush ....... pretty scary with all sorts of critters in there!
    But there is nothing like the familiar Homebush

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

chris, Im particularly happy with the use of the word humiliation in that post, very apt after that pitifull display

chris, Im particularly happy with the use of the word humiliation in that post, very apt after that pitifull display
    yeah where they even on the field thats okk the first comment i got from a cockie was how much was the ref paid wont metion his name as he will prob start on about it agian
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    yeah where they even on the field thats okk the first comment i got from a cockie was how much was the ref paid wont metion his name as he will prob start on about it agian
    cheers
    As I've already mentioned ...... The team bus got lost & the selectors just picked people out of the crowd who were wearing a blues shirt