Thread: Ashford Region

Ashford Region

Hi guys
    im thinking of heading over towards Ashford this weekend coming for a fish. I was considering fishing from the macintyre falls, i have never been there before so i was looking for advice as to whether this is a good idea or it there is somewhere else better / easier access. i have a boat but as i will be by myself i will probably walk the banks, hence my reasoning for not going to pindari. any replies would be of great assistance (pm is fine)
    thanks
    Aadam

Re: Ashford Region

Do a web search for Kwiambal National Park or Lemmon Tree Flat and you should get some good info. It's farily steep around the falls them selves and the road leading to the river is no longer open. I've fished that part of the Severn twice and it's not easy if there is a lot of water coming down but the cod and yellowbelly are present even if the water really hammering down.

very cold there at this time of the year mate,
    like really cold, like minuses on the cold nights.
    Cheers,

Ben

thats right like minus 6 and more...went the other week and the guides were freezing and the line was breaking , might be worth waiting till it warms up.cheers bdowdy..brett

And watch the rain on those rocks. If they get the rain that was supposed to arrive in Brisbane the place will be pretty dangerous.