Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bound for Lake Monduran

Re: Bound for Lake Monduran

Brian is right, He has been leading the tackle count on barra fishing solo for the last year or so.....dont be worried about fishin by yourself....better that way sometimes. someone to take the pics is alway handy though!!!

steve

Thanks 4 that BR, will go on my pat if I have too but would prefer some company, bloody long drive from Coffs, and I will need someone to take the photos. BTW good luck in the next game, u guys will need all the help u can get, maybe u could bring Wally off the bench. Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Thanks again China, good info. U mentioned u r doing a trip late October, i have put it out to my crew and most of them have other commitments, work or family, that time of the year. Can I ask, how many r doing the October trip with u and would u be open to hooking up with me and perhaps one other, if it justs ends up being me I would be able to offer a well set up boat to fish from ,4.5mt Seajay, GPS, Sounder, Electric, and I am told I am NOT a total D**khead. Cheers, Pete. Buy the way, I live in Coffs Harbour and all my wifes family live on the Goldie, so we r up that way quite a bit.
    Pete
    I can organise something around late October for a fish, so you wont be on your pat. There is always a few crew that we fish with so you are more than welcome to tag along with us, Navi provides the doughnuts-Brian supplies the turps.
    Ben

Thanks 4 that BR, will go on my pat if I have too but would prefer some company, bloody long drive from Coffs, and I will need someone to take the photos. BTW good luck in the next game, u guys will need all the help u can get, maybe u could bring Wally off the bench. Pete
    the way lockie fired the other nite pete, I reckon we are in good hands mate.
    theres allways someone on here heading up for a fish in spring/summer, that part would be sweet, bit Im hearing what your saying about a solo drive from Coffs, that would suck

Hey Ben, thanks for that champ, keep me in the loop if u r planning a trip, I can get away pretty much whenever, I will do the same. BR, I am sure I can hook up a crew from Ausfish, as u can see Ben has just put his hand up, bloody awesome fellas!!!!. I hope Lockie does fire up, he can turn a game around and to be honest, how badly u guys played last game and only to be beaten by a few points, I won't be bettin' the house on NSW. What about big Wendell, he is back in first grade this weekend is he getting a start? As long as he keeps that big snokel of his out of the recreational substances he would go OK. Pete

yup, I hear run on start, against the broncs, Im glued to the recliner this friday nite.
    Mind you, against the young flyer kemp, he will need to be on his toes
    Spose if it all gets to hard he can allways lean over the sideline and compare notes with Andrew
    best I order the pizza and chill down the beer now

Thumbs up Re: Bound for Lake Monduran

Pete,

All good the drum there mate especially about talking to Foxie at Gin Gin. I live on the Sunshine Coast where there are tackle shops every where but some of the best buys I have got are from Foxies so don't be concerned about the prices there. Last trip I bought a Pflueger rod from them much cheaper than anywhere else. John and Jenny both know their stuff: (07) 4157 3600. The cabins are great if you can get one. I camp (poor bugger me), the camp facilities are great. The camp kitchen is top notch, kettle, toaster, micro wave, hot plates, BBQs, etc. all under a big covered open air shelter with plenty of room. Don't be concerned about flying solo I regularly go on my own, I enjoy the peace and freedom, but there camp kitchen is a meeting place to have a drink compare stories / lies etc. there is always company if you want it. On that point, if you do enjoy a camp don't pitch too close to the kitchen / bar because there is regularly rowdy yobbos who can't sleep because of the evil spirits (the bottled ones) and don't know when to shut the #%$ up!

As for the drum on gear if you haven't played with the big BARRA before be aware they play hard . 30lb braid if you want to hang on to them and at least 40 or more mono up in the sticks. And make sure your lures have decent trebles or they will get straightened.

As per previous posts it will be bloody hot there in November especially for a cockroach! bring a decent hat. If you do camp you will want a big tarp over the lot to keep the sun off. there are some shady spots but not many and first in best dressed.

You will have a phat time just pray it doesn't rain that week.

They have a display at the camp of barra in a big aquarium and there. There is also a release compound on the dam to let the big ones go in if you don't want them the locals then take them for meals on wheels.

Might see you there. Nissan Patrol, quintrex 20 Yamaha, Minn kota on the bonnet, maroon deck.

Darylive, mate thanks heaps for the info, i really appreciate it. I now have a mate hooked up for the trip, geez my mates have their prorities all wrong, work???, we will be up there from the 25th October for a week. As u mentioned I am sure Foxie will get a visit. When is your next trip? I will do a post as my trip gets close to see who else will be up there at that time. Cheers, Pete.

G'Day Pete, Mate just give us all a heads up on this forum as u get towards the end of October, anyone who is heading up to Mondy will generally let u know and a discription of Vehicle and Boat and area where they will be camping, 99.9% of the blokes and girls on this forum would be happy for u to join in.........Whitto Ps All the replys have covered Where Why When and How...You'll have a ball
    Last edited by Whitto; 10-06-2008 at 10:56 AM.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Cheers Whitto, Have got a number of messages from guys going up about the same time, will def put a post up as it draws closer, can't wait. Pete. PS; shame about Lockie being on the bench for tomorrow night.................... whatcha gonna do now?

Cheers Whitto, Have got a number of messages from guys going up about the same time, will def put a post up as it draws closer, can't wait. Pete. PS; shame about Lockie being on the bench for tomorrow night.................... whatcha gonna do now?
    Undoubtly we will miss Lockyer any team would, But Prince is a very capable operator the difference between him and Lockyer is Prince can't defend like Locky and will be targeted for a bit of attention......We'll win no worries the cockroaches have had their 15 min of fame.............Whitto PS: QUEENSLANDER
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless