Thread: how long to wait?

Wink how long to wait?

In dams, how long do people keep flicking lures in one spot before moving on to another spot? 10mins, 15 mins, etc etc.?

Thanks,
    John

Re: how long to wait?

John,
    If i am confident that there are fishys in the area i will give it a minimum of 1 hour especially at prime times, like dawn and dusk. If the barra are there and on the chew i could stay there for several hours.
    Cheers
    Ben

yer 10 ,15 mins becuase i always do this move to another spot and within a couples minutes at the spot sometimes your on.

10 to 20 min for me then ill move over 5m or so

My way of thinking ..... it depends on what structure/situation you are fishing

If it was a particular snag ..... A dozen or so casts
    If it was a sun warmed bay showing bait ...... An hour or so

If it was a point that lead into a shallow bay & had deeper water ( creek bed) near by around sunset ......... hours

I wish I knew the right answer

Nagg

hard to say, some days Ive belted at least 30 casts into a snag before gettin crunched, other times, first cast is the money cast. Worst thing, throw 30 casts in to get a half assed swirl, AAAARH, drives me insane
    Generally put at least three or four down the same casting lane in the vertical stuff, spend 15 minutes on a good looking snaggy pile up, spend up to an hour flogging open water that shows the right "symptoms".
    cheers
    brian

when i was up at mondy last time i work over for around 3 hours even after i lost a fish there early in the piece i stuck with it and land a 117cm later the effort then the next morning i went back to the same area and worked it for 2.5 hours before i finally got reaction and one other trip we worked one area for four hours and then we got sevral fish in that area so i think if ya think there is fish there stick to it for a while at least a couple of hours in a area and you might be lucky to strike it .

with barra this time of year if i know fish hold in there i normally fish it for a hour or so untill i get convinced that there is no hungry barra there.
    But one thing i do is cast in the same line 3 or 4 times and if the barra isnt hungry half the time you will piss it off enough for it to kill it.I have hooked up on the 3rd and 4th cast a number of times.
    But in the warmer months 2 cast in the same line.
    BUT if im fishing in salt around the bay half the time im just blind flogging so i cast all over the place and move all the time whilst drifting.

cheers BK

Thanks for all the info guys.
    BR 65, what do you mean by 'the right symptoms?'

John