Thread: borumba

borumba

just wondering what you guys think would be the best technique to use out at borumba at the moment as i am going out there on saturday.
    thanks for any help

Re: borumba

how are mate was there a coulpe of weeks ago got a few bas in the trees up the top and some good fish on surface along the edges under overhanging trees the water is up at 100% so plenty of places to try.white spinnerbait too are good for the trees,my mate landed the best fish i have seen taken out of there it went 510mm

were you fishing in the bays along the main basin, if not which arm where you fishing in if you dont mind me asking
    thanks for the info

my mate just got back from there he said it was really slow poppers worked for them only got 2 toga both good size and got 1 bass trolling .
    I fished there about 6 weeks ago with tips from warrior and i recon we did quite well with over 50 bass (biggest 48cm)1 togo (61cm) and 8 yellas (all around 45cm) white or colurs with gold on the skirt spinner baits and rapala skitter pops in the frog pattern or gold bubble pop 65 and zip and ziggys.
    Fish the trees with spinnerbaits casting as close as you can to the trees and slow roll back. poppers in the flooded grass.

P.s we where up the top of the right arm

cheers BK
    Last edited by BARRAkid; 26-05-2008 at 07:40 PM.

thanks barra kid for the info will give you all a report on how i go on saturday

proboly its cod

mossyback08
    May see you there. I am going up on Friday (Claoundra Show Day) for the weekend. Blue 'Bluefin" with Ausfish stickers.
    The Phantom

mossy, check the freshwater reports i went there 2 wknds ago and wrote a report on how i went.

ye mate i will be fishing out of a 4 meter hornet with no ausfish stickers

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    how are mate was there a coulpe of weeks ago got a few bas in the trees up the top and some good fish on surface along the edges under overhanging trees the water is up at 100% so plenty of places to try.white spinnerbait too are good for the trees,my mate landed the best fish i have seen taken out of there it went 510mm
    Hi Al,
    I think Petes just a magnet for big fish when he fishes with you. Just like that horse he pulled at Macca's on the surface that day.
    Hope to catch up with you soon
    Bill