Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do i need re monduran(besides stones green ginger wine))

Re: What do i need re monduran(besides stones green ginger wine))

chewy, I know there is a sign at the camp kitchen re dont use the power points to charge your batteries, please contact reception, so Im sure R & K can help you out.
    Otherwise, I know I can get 2 days out of my 130 trojan, reckon with the cold weather you will be tieing off and working the fishy spots pretty hard, so maybe it wont need chargeing????
    good luck, hope you smack a big girl (barra that is )
    cheers
    brian

Yea,
    if i get a fish it will be a bonus.hopefully ill have years to work these things out.Its more about a weekend with the boy and trying to put him on some more fish,get some entertaining video and keeping the fishing fire lit in him.he cast for 15 hours on the first trip without a hit till a 111cm ate his bomber uo in "c".Like i told him its all downhill from there.Knowing my luck ill be able to use the 30knts thats will be blowing to push me along. nothing catches the wind like a poly

15 hours with out a touch, sounds like one of my trips mate, the boy must be keen to stick it out, good on him

!5 hours without a touch he is already a true barra angler, great to hear he got rewarded for his efforts as a lot of guys give up after a couple of hours and spend the rest of there time around the camp whinging there is no fish. Again well done young fella.

Cheers Foxie
    Always Think Like A Fish - No Matter How Weird It Gets

Quote Originally Posted by Magella View Post
    !5 hours without a touch he is already a true barra angler
    I must be a Guru by now
    3hrs for the first fish and over 200 since for Nought!!
    I need a fix man......gimmie some....i need a hit...wheres my dealer?

Yep that sounds familiar cast the be-jesus at them for 15hrs, at least he got smashed to bits, On many of my trips I would have been happy as a dog with two XXXXX'S just to get bricked......Keep going Keep going....Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

It might pay to pack a good pair of boots for the long weekend as I went up for a couple of hours this afernoon and could only find 20 degrees water temp so went back to the bays Jackie and I used to fish during winter when we were at Lake Monduran. I also used the same method which was to park the boat and walk the bank, today that saw the score come it at barra 3 me 0 plus a couple of good surface strikes without hooking up. All fish hit gambler cane toads green or the tree frog colour of horny toads although nothing was landed surface hits just metres from standing is amazing and at least the toads are not worth $15 each so it does not hurt as much to lose them.

Cheers Foxie

I have a nice comfy pair of hiking boots I can pack in the kit. What hooks are you using with the toads? any weight or weightless?
    Cheers Roo.

Ah attack of the toads.just watch out for the water dragons

Roo, TT snagness 6/0 the lightest weight

Cheers Foxie

Do u have em foxie?

cheers foxie, I've got a pack of Gama 6/0 EWG's and a pot of sticky weight. I'll give them a crack.