Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Game Over

Re: Game Over

Quote Originally Posted by sulla View Post
    i stated that
    1 member of ausfish

stated on a reply to something i had posted that netting of mullet didnt happen to be honest i wasnt go to fight with that person if he wants to belive netting of mullet doesnt happen its his prob no mine i know it does
    Perhaps he, sorry I, thought when you said "I was at the spit today at 6 am spinning of the rocks watching a trawler at the entrance to the seaway gathering the mullet schools up" you were actually referring to seeing a trawler catching mullet in the seaway. That sounds very dubious. Did you actually mean it was a crew fishing with a seine net from the beach?

Note that I never said "netting of mullet didn't happen" - I said "You've got to be kidding. Does anyone still really believe that a trawler would be gathering up schools of mullet?"

I realise there is a significant commercial fishery for sea mullet in Queensland, inside "estuaries" using gill, tunnel and seine nets, and along the ocean beaches using seine nets.

Re: Game Over

Hi Guys, two of my mates bagged out on tailor last night at Teewah and released just as many, not big fish but between 1 and 1.5kg.

Last weekend there was a 4.2 and another fish over 5 kg caught by some of the guys having a prefish for the Rainbow Comp. cheeers wayne.