Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your PB snapper?

What's your PB snapper?

Got any good snapper pictures? If so, please post them.

I've attached one of my PB so far. I'm new to snapper fishing - but can now see its appeal.

By the way, what do you think this fish would weigh? I should have weighed it...
    Fly Fisher

"You can never have too much fishing tackle"

Re: What's your PB snapper?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Fisher View Post
    Got any good snapper pictures? If so, please post them.

I've attached one of my PB so far. I'm new to snapper fishing - but can now see its appeal.

By the way, what do you think this fish would weigh? I should have weighed it...
    My guess would be 3.5 to 4kgs, nice fish.

That is about my PB as well, but that is from offshore. From the Bay my best so far is 58cm, not sure what it weighed probably around 2kgs I guess. Of all places I got it off our pontoon in our backyard on a sp (a 100mm sqiggyfish in pumkinseed or similar, if I remember correctly). I must see if I have a photo somewhere?

Have not put a lot of time into chasing them yet, but aiming to start this winter.

Cheers

Dave
    Last edited by Outsider1; 22-05-2008 at 09:48 AM.

I'm too ashamed to tell.

But this Winter I will change that!!!
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Gday Mate

Last winters PB's ran in at around 81cm (6kg) from Mud and were only upgraded a few weekends ago by no joke an 82cm (Many would like to say they smashed the PB, but 10mm just dosnt sound as good!!!) from Curtain on that rubber stuff.

Cheers
    Aussie_Angler
    Last edited by Aussie_Angler; 22-05-2008 at 02:09 PM.

That snapper is more like the 3kg mark there Flyfisher, perfect eating size mate. Well done

My Eldest boy nailed this one last year.. put us all to shame.. went 11 kgs on a plastic too
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Thats a horse of a snapper there Garry, was that caught off the goldie??

Yeh mate. In under 30m of water too
    Garry

Fantastic fish Garry.

What's your view on letting the big ones go? I'm getting the impression from what I've read and heard that it is good practice to release snapper >10lb ...
    Fly Fisher

My best is just under 90cm and weighed 8kilo cleaned, see avtar. caught on a soflt placcy in 60m of water. It beat my old pb by about 10cm and 300g. Both caught in the same week and what a week it was for me. I was new to using softies for snapper and after that week i gave them and still are giving them a good flogging.( the softies that is)
    Jewie

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Fisher View Post
    Fantastic fish Garry.

What's your view on letting the big ones go? I'm getting the impression from what I've read and heard that it is good practice to release snapper >10lb ...

Depends on your catch rate
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by JEWIENEWIE View Post
    My best is just under 90cm and weighed 8kilo cleaned, see avtar. caught on a soflt placcy in 60m of water. It beat my old pb by about 10cm and 300g. Both caught in the same week and what a week it was for me. I was new to using softies for snapper and after that week i gave them and still are giving them a good flogging.( the softies that is)
    Jewie
    Great fish! Well done.
    Fly Fisher

My best was caught in January this year at Mud Island, it was 88cm and 6.75kgs, i got it on a plastic, with 6 pound line and 12 pound leader.
    Marty.

My best was around the 0cm mark, hoping to smash my pb someday!

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

My best was caught around Mud on a baby bass 4 inch 16lbs leader 1/4 jig
    The fish went 90cm around 7kgs. The problem i have now is upsizeing it. My old man caught a 88cm fish around Morton this time last year. The bigger fish are now becoming few and far between but nothing can beat the taste of a 65cm snap over a larger one.