Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Kayak for offshore Fishing

Re: Best Kayak for offshore Fishing

TJ,

I've got 2 Hobies (Outback + Adventure) and they are a great fishing platform. You won't be disappointed. In the event you want to go for something else down the way, the Hobie's hold their price and are generally easy to sell.

Cheers,

Pete

The Prowler Elite is an awesome Kayak. Ideal for offshore fishing and chasing those monster Pelagics!

Placed my order today with Craig. Hobie Adventure fish in ivory with 2 Rod Extension tubes, Ram rod Holder,ST Fins, live bait tank, Lowrance sounder, Anchor Trolley, Safety flag, silver dodger, drift anchor and shark shield. Still have to sought out GPS. Intend to hit the reefs around Palmy, and Northern NSW asap.

Nice one. I might bump into you as I fish Palmy every now and then.

oi guys have you blokes seen the Malibu X13 , gunna get myself and the missus one each and leave the kids at home

I also have a sweetspot for the Malibu X13..Love the new Gator hatch and the wet/dry well thats underneath....

Wow, never knew you could do "offshore" fishing in a Kayak!
    Someone care to explain how in the living hell you manage to get past the bar? and or how far you go out?
    Btw to TJ Bear, I have no clue on Kayak fishing, but what you've bought, from what I've read, seems really good! Well done

another good offshore kayak and definately value for money is the Extreme Kayak's Outlaw. Comes with all the features as well as option to attach a second seat in the front tank well. Is locally made(in Caboolture) which is good for any warranty reasons and is only $1400. Check it out on www.extremewatersports.com.au/kayaks.htm#outlaw

Mate go the Adventure, you will never look back. I've had one for over 6 months, and fish 2-3 times EVERY week. It's been faultless for me for all conditions, and we get out in some rough weather, and outperforms nearly every other yak on the water in all conditions. Especially when it gets rough. Feel free to PM me for any info you may be curious about for the Adventure, and i would be happy to respond.

Cheers

Brett Ozanne

Western Angler
    Kayak Fishing West Australia

Quote Originally Posted by kingfish101 View Post
    Wow, never knew you could do "offshore" fishing in a Kayak!
    Someone care to explain how in the living hell you manage to get past the bar? and or how far you go out?
    Btw to TJ Bear, I have no clue on Kayak fishing, but what you've bought, from what I've read, seems really good! Well done

Past the Bar!?? That's doing it the easy way.

Myself and others way more experienced than myself launch straight off the beach. Sure, we get flipped on occasions (getting out and coming back) but that's all a part of the adventure. May I add, getting out is easier than coming back I reckon.

The furtherest out off the Gold Coast I have been is aprox. 3km (so says the GPS) and I remember the sounder reading about 110' of water under me.

The furtherest off shore I have been up Northern QLD is 7km but Hinchinbrook island was always about 3km from me and there were always boats within 1km of me.

This is all opinion and your best to try out a couples of mates models before deciding.

For me its hands down the VIking Pro Fish. The well in front of you makes so much difference in my opinion. Good for bait or gear without having the reach around behind yourself.

However the Hobies do seem to get around a bit quicker and thus cover more ground.

Its Pro Fish for me followed by Hobie.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by JACK_O View Post
    oi guys have you blokes seen the Malibu X13 , gunna get myself and the missus one each and leave the kids at home
    damn i was gunna but my mate giggles at river city marine changed my mind on price and such and i bought a bloody ocean kayak prowler elite 4.5 and he was right cheers mate i'd buy you a beer but you've turned strange on me ...cheer jacko