Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daiwa Sol 4000

Daiwa Sol 4000

Has anyone had a chance to take the Sol 4000 for a work out. Been thinking about a mid price 4000 reel and this seems to fit the bill.

Re: Daiwa Sol 4000

Daiwa Sol 4000 i dont think has been released as yet. Unless they have been released today. Sol at the moment come in 2000, 2500 and 3000. Daiwa Advantage make a 4000 reel and about $25 cheaper.

branzino
    (when Im dead) my biggest FEAR is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.........

Had one in my hands yesterday at my local, although must admit did not see it on the weekend.

agree never seen a sol 4000 up to 3000

Fishead have them
    if they are anything like the other Sol's they represent great value for money
    Last edited by Leighton; 20-05-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Agree Captain - decided I will get one on pay day - Thursday night. Will give the boys at the warehouse to put one on hold.

Has anybody bought and used one yet? Would love to see some more photos of them...

Anyone know where to find the specifications for the Sol4000.

Can't decide between Sol3000 and Sustain3000 or go a bit larger and then its between Sol4000 and Twin Power/Sustain. Certate is beyond budget.

8kg is what I want to run on a 5-10kg rod for snapper sp, light metals. I like having plenty of line capacity so maybe 4000 is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Has anybody bought and used one yet? Would love to see some more photos of them...
    They look exactly the same as a 3000, just a bit bigger .

The difference with 4000 Sol & the rest of the Sol range is that they are made in Japan not Malyasia. I've seen them for $319 at my local which is great price when the RRP is $399..

the 4000 has a totally different handle for a start and i was after more thoughts on weight / line capacity pertaining to the types of fish that it might be used for, i.e big snapper or jew.
    Last edited by JB; 31-07-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: a

thanks for the smartarse reply plaztix, i think you will find the 4000 has a totally different handle for a start and i was after more thoughts on weight / line capacity pertaining to the types of fish that it might be used for, i.e big snapper or jew.

Keep the useless replies to yourself mate.
    $325 from Fishead, imagine line capacity, drag etc would be the same as other 4000 size Daiwa's making it a good choice for Plastics works on Jew, Snaps

thanks for the smartarse reply plaztix, i think you will find the 4000 has a totally different handle for a start and i was after more thoughts on weight / line capacity pertaining to the types of fish that it might be used for, i.e big snapper or jew.

Keep the useless replies to yourself mate.
    Relax buddy, it wasn't meant to insult you. hence the

From what i saw (i only had a quick look at one at my local) it was pretty much exactly the same as my 3000 sol, just a bit bigger and, as you said, a slightly bulkier handle. They are the only differences that you would pick from a photo. I didn't notice that they were made in Japan but thats a real plus if they are.

Heres a photo;

http://www.fishhead.com.au/catalog/p...oducts_id=1346

and at $325 would be an awesome sp reel for offshore snapper, jew, reefies, cobia or whatever else jumps on. Knowing how much drag pressure the 3000 holds locked up, i would imagine the 4000 would pack some pretty serious punch.

Specs wise, you could pretty much count on it being the same as the advantage 4000;

http://www.daiwafishing.com.au/daiwa...duct=advantage

Hope my comments are of some use this time.

By the way, a glass of cement wouldn't go astray

No problem mate, thanks for the info. There have been many good things said about the sol, hopefully the 4000 will be big enough to handle some rampaging reds around the reefs.

Jas

i will have some pics of it when i buy mine on wednesday!