Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Can't Help Myself

Re: Can't Help Myself

Yep 2 weeks from now I should be cracking the first barra for the trip. Roo's already have barra dreams.
    Cheers Navi, that would be great. My little echelon has caught all 4 of my barra biggest being 99cm. It never missed a beat.
    Too many sleeps to start counting yet.
    You've got 14 days to get yourself up to scratch Foxie.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by Magella View Post
    Hey Steve,
    This crew sounds like there serious we might have to start training.
    See you at The Gin Gin about 7

Cheers Foxie
    Hey foxie, they sound real serious dont they....maybe we should have a gin gin hotel planning session the night before too....you can never plan too much
    the pressure is on.....particulary if its going to be - 5 degrees..or there abouts!!

cheers steve

Hi all,
    was heading up this w/end but its raining/cold/windy so hopefully i can swing it to get up there that w/end.ill be the one in the white poly s/c with green eyes on the back. hpoe to see you there.
    cheers chewy............

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Sounds like it's going to be fun, 2 weeks to go. Should we phone the pub and warn them you guys are coming?? On second thoughts, better not, they might close down for the weekend?
    I have a slight reel issue I need to get sorted. On Monday night we loaded up the reel (a pflueger supreme), from the combo I bought a few weeks ago. Trouble is the most drag we could get out of it was 2.2kg. Not quite enough for barra We tested the old echelon and go 3.5kg out of it. So we are going back on saturday to put the spool in some of the other supremes they had there, to see if they are any better. I may have to use the echelon again for the trip , unless I can convince Roo to buy me a zillion
    Cheers Kim.
    kim i bought a pfueger trion lp baitcaster of foxie last trip and thats what landed the 117cm on and also hooked 2 others that where of equal size and for the price i paid well worth the investment i considering buying another one next trip if the funds are avialable check them out good reel smooth casting and i reckon good drag system 6 pin braking still not sure on that part hope that might help ya
    cheers

Roo & Kim ...... It sounds like you'll have a great time at Mondy ( regardless of barra or not ) ...... I hope you nail a few of those brumbies!
    The report(s) should be worth waiting for

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Hi all,
    was heading up this w/end but its raining/cold/windy so hopefully i can swing it to get up there that w/end.ill be the one in the white poly s/c with green eyes on the back. hpoe to see you there.
    cheers chewy............
    Hey chewy, this weekend at the moment is BEAUTIFUL and even pretty warm......shit..I am stuck at work

steve

Thanks Steve,
    knew it wood come good today. would have had to be back today anyway for a family bbq.I either have to give up work or just move to gin gin.This whole working round the weather is crap when you dont live 10 minutes from the water.

We've had that same thought Chewy. For us we need at least 4 days for a trip. We have a white front runner poly, Reel Fun.

Cheers for the advise nipsta. Roo has a trion that he was really happy with...but now he has the zillon, it will be on the market with a trion rod when we get back. I ended up getting a Abu Revo premier. It is so light and will also be a great bass/jack/flattie reel for home too. I can't believe that something so small and light pulls 12kg of drag. It should go nicely with the medalist and it fits well into my delicate never done a hard days work hands. They've had to order it in for me, so hope it gets here in time.
    This is going to be a cracker of a weekend. Add a few fish and it'll be all good.
    Cheers Kim.
    Last edited by themissus; 26-05-2008 at 01:23 PM.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Hey chewy, this weekend at the moment is BEAUTIFUL and even pretty warm......shit..I am stuck at work

steve
    Shoulda put a "Out to Lunch" sign out the front.
    Whats the chances anyone would be so rude as to interrupt your "lunch".

Have fun guys............s..............l..............o... .........w is the go, twitch pause pause pause pause pause pause, twitch twitch, pause, pause, pause, pause, pause. Lots of pauses, lots of heavy eratic twitches, lots of throat warming liquid, keeps the fire in ya belly
    Cool water/conditions, no probs remain upbeat and positive hang it in their face/space agressive instinct will bring them undone, as will your relentless persistance.
    Safe travels
    Jas

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    We've had that same thought Chewy. For us we need at least 4 days for a trip. We have a white front runner poly, Reel Fun.

Cheers for the advise nipsta. Roo has a trion that he was really happy with...but now he has the zillon, it will be on the market with a trion rod when we get back. I ended up getting a Abu Revo premier. It is so light and will also be a great bass/jack/flattie reel for home too. I can't believe that something so small and light pulls 12kg of drag. It should go nicely with the medalist and it fits well into my delicate never done a hard days work hands. They've had to order it in for me, so hope it gets here in time.
    This is going to be a cracker of a weekend. Add a few fish and it'll be all good.
    Cheers Kim.
    glad to i could help a little i would like a revo but not sure if i can afford to go to that level of reel just yet i also got to get a new rod for my abu whiffled spool due the the fiberglass being just that bit too heavy and also have a good time you lucky buggers i would love to go up again but will have to wait till later on

Kim,

Vin had a Revo and it was a really nice reel - for the first 2 days until a barra decided to test if Vin could hold onto the 12kgs of drag. Vin lost and even a duck dive overboard didn't help. Another contributions to the barra goods.

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    Kim,

Vin had a Revo and it was a really nice reel - for the first 2 days until a barra decided to test if Vin could hold onto the 12kgs of drag. Vin lost and even a duck dive overboard didn't help. Another contributions to the barra goods.
    oops!!
    After some further research, the Revo Premier is not the stumpuller that the STX or Inshore Revos are supposed to be. Some of the Jenny Craig treatment was applied to the drag system in order to obtain the 27% weight reduction. this model only has a single carbon washer stack so it should not pull Kim overboard....apparently it still work quite smoothly as the carbon washers tend to do and should pull in the region of 8-9lbs max....or 3.5 - 4kg. still quite adequate for what we want. If anything it will be an excellent bass reel weighing in similar to the Daiwa Steez at 170g. not in the same class of course but still a good reel that should be up to the job......with a bit of thumb drag if needed .
    the other bits in the trim down are extensive use of Duralium rather than aluminium and replacing the Bearings(4) in the handles with pressed bushes which unfortunatly makes it impossible to add them back in with out a complete handle swap. I dont like the stock rubber handle knobs, they look a bit 20cent cheap and nasty to me.

check out the details here.

cheers Roo.

Where mate, Vin had the STX and it was a stump puller. Personally, I can't see the point of 12kgs as even with my big guns I certainly could not hang on to it without a being strapped into a game chair.

3-4kgs is ample, especially for the way we tend to be fishing now - open points and bays rather than serious structure.

I'm so looking forward to it mate, absolutely itching at the bit. We expect to get up there around 8-9am on Sat morn.

Kim - I like my eggs sunny side up .

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    I'm so looking forward to it mate, absolutely itching at the bit. We expect to get up there around 8-9am on Sat morn.

Kim - I like my eggs sunny side up .
    I can't wait either Navi!! But by the sound of it I'll be spending alot of time in the kitchen I'm going to make some spag bog this week and freeze it so all I have to do is cook the pasta and reheat the bog. I might make a batch of rocky road to bring up too.
    We should be out on the water by the time you get there, we'll be able to show u where all the fish are.
    I have to remember to pack the duff so I can find Homer.
    Cheers Kim.