Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't Help Myself

Talking Can't Help Myself

Well, after reading Ben, Steve B, Eric&Deb and Foxie's reports over the last few weeks, I just couldn't help myself. I have messaged Roo to inform him I've nabbed the last cabin @ monduran for the june long weekend. It's been over 12 months since my last barra trip and 5 months since Roo's.
    It's gunna be a long 3 weeks.
    Anyone else going to be up there?
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Re: Can't Help Myself

Kim,

You sound like one tough "missus". I am also fortunate to have somone like you to book me in for regular fishing escapades.

Nice work, love your style

Matt

Cheers Matt,
    only down side is it can get expensive when you have to buy two of everything. I bought a new barra combo last week, Roo got a new rod and we're keen to give them a lash.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Well, after reading Ben, Steve B, Eric&Deb and Foxie's reports over the last few weeks, I just couldn't help myself. I have messaged Roo to inform him I've nabbed the last cabin @ monduran for the june long weekend. It's been over 12 months since my last barra trip and 5 months since Roo's.
    It's gunna be a long 3 weeks.
    Anyone else going to be up there?
    Cheers Kim.
    WHAT A GIRL

Im hopeing to be Kim, work depending at this stage, pretty sure Lydon and Kel will be up there that week end

I try not to let work get in the way.....ever. puts a major crush on your lifestyle. Hopefully the weather gods will smile on us all and it will be unseasonably warm for the first half of June....Otherwise the bass gear will be getting a look in too!

What we need is a Game Plan. I can do the when bit.....Friday arvo, Saturday, Sunday.....maybe a quick flick on Monday before the drive home. What are the major bits to fill in making up a strategy to maximise opportunity for success. i don't think "Chance" is part of the equation, there has to be a method where if all the steps are adhered to, maximum "opportunity" for success is available. There have been lots of methods, locations and technicalities discussed in these chat boards. What we need is to assemble all the bits of the puzzle into a Game Plan.

Penny for your thoughts?

Cheers Roo.

Kim,

I too have booked a cabin for the long weekend. Ben and my brother Vin will be joining me so we'll definitely run into you guys. Will be good to finally meet a couple of fellow ausfishes.

I will have my boat up there which is a black, red and green fibreglass 'X-STREAM'. You won't miss Vin and I and Ben will be the odd one out . You'll also recognise Ben as he'll be eating DONUTS all weekend. We are there from the Sat to at least the Monday (hopefully Tues).

Brian - pull your finger out buddy, our personal introduction is well overdue!!! Ben said it's his shout so make it happen - he is a bit like Foxy and shouts come around only every decade or so.

Cheers
    Navi
    Last edited by black_sheep; 20-05-2008 at 11:52 AM.

H ha ha, the banter begins already.!! Good on ya Navi,

I didn' t realise you havent met Brian yet!!! I didnt get much of a chance to chat with brian at M&G....thats an excuse to catch up again....preferably on the water.

Roo, fish the warmest part of the day, from what I have experienced over last month. All my fish have been between 11am and 3pm.

Heres your Itinery, I planned for you:

Fri Nite:- beers while Kim drives up, catch up with us lot when you get here.
    Sat :- Wake up about 7.30, get Kim to cook you bacon and eggs and a coffee , then hit the water. Fish Fish Fish...have first beer about 3pm and get Kim to drive home, off the water by 5pm in time for her to cook dinner and get cold beer out of the fridge for you.

Repeat the process for the next 2 days. Hows that sound.

I reckon its tops. cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Fri Nite:- beers while Kim drives up, catch up with us lot when you get here.
    Sat :- Wake up about 7.30, get Kim to cook you bacon and eggs and a coffee , then hit the water. Fish Fish Fish...have first beer about 3pm and get Kim to drive home, off the water by 5pm in time for her to cook dinner and get cold beer out of the fridge for you.

Repeat the process for the next 2 days. Hows that sound.

I reckon its tops. cheers Steve
    Is that why you're a paramedic Steve?

So you can patch yourself up after your wife has reacted to your proposed fishing itinerary?

It's a fine line between bravery and stupidity!
    Last edited by Peter4; 20-05-2008 at 12:44 PM.

sounds like a winner to me.
    Don't worry about Kim, I'll make sure her nails are clipped and i'll have a Canadian Club at the ready...handy for bear baiting and a useful disinfectant.
    We're gonna leave home early friday to get there by lunchtime.....will give us time for a quick arvo recon mission before having afternoonies somewhere warm, friendly and with refreshments at hand...(verandah, pub, whatever..)

Pete, Kim is not that kind of Girl......she more likely to file it in the memory bank and smash ya when your vunerable......or in my case, Pillow me while I sleep. I've had a few strange dreams of giant marshmallows.
    Last edited by Roo; 20-05-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    We're gonna leave home early friday to get there by lunchtime

Pete, Kim is not that kind of Girl......she more likely to file it in the memory bank and smash ya when your vunerable......or in my case, Pillow me while I sleep. I've had a few strange dreams of giant marshmallows.
    Good plan Roo. When I go I leave home at 3.30am and I am on the water by around 8.00am. Avoids all the traffic and gives you nearly a full days fishing but you do tend to be exhausted by sunset!

Hope you and Kim do real good as I also have a winter trip planned. Look forward to your post after the trip!

Regs

Pete

P.S Marshmallow dreams could be an indication that you're going a bit soft. Make sure you pack a couple of Stiffys
    Last edited by Peter4; 20-05-2008 at 01:59 PM.

P.S Marshmallow dreams could be an indication that you're going a bit soft. Make sure you pack a couple of Stiffys
    Very well done Pete....clap clap clap

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    and so it descends in a downward spiral to depravity.......was asking for it huh

Thats it Pete, we'll try to get going by 3.30am and after the usual stops along the way to refuel the Scooby Doo(geez it drinks when towing), a Sexie coffee (I still reckon they should be in bikini's in there) and a quick stop in Gin Gin to pick up supplies and the latest info from Foxie, We should be able to get a line in on Friday arvo.

Seriously, sounds like a good plan Rod. More time on the water, more chance of fish!! Long way to travel to sit around and not fish.

Talk to you before then. I dare say I will be getting a spray from Kim when she gets access to this thread. I'd better run and hide!!!

Awww mate - I'm just kidding.

I truly hope that you both do well. I'd rather be cracking jokes about monster barra!

Good luck!