Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Can't Help Myself

Re: Can't Help Myself

probably the thing thAt will cop the biggest flogging will be my liver.Or just me now the beta half is coming.
    Last edited by chewy01; 03-06-2008 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    PS picked up some suspending storm wild eyed minnows today dirt cheap [2 for 10] B 52 replicas which will get a flogging.
    Ben
    I just picked up 4 of these little rippers. only thing to worry about is they suspend with the light hooks on them now so I reckon i'll only upgrade the front treble, otherwise they look the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Sounds far too noisy for me............
    Talks in her sleep too! you'd think a bit of quiet during the night would be a given, but it never lets up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    ooooh the shame, Im so weak willed
    \
    Glad your coming Brian, the more the merrier i reckon. Like i said earlier in this thread, get enough fish catching Mojo around me and I might catch somethin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Roo, that was pretty funny!!! I have nothing to come back with...that is able to be said on a PG forum After all the stiffie jokes....now its gone south....so to speak!!!

Hang on a minute.........dont you and chewy own poly boats............hope it doesnt get TOO hot.......we know what will be going limp and melting then

Old homer won me two cartons on another site!!!! ye ha homer!!

steve
    Steve, I'll ignore the poly crack purely because you've already conceded defeat, I say dont kick a man when he's down......drink his beer instead, so those cartons will come in handy mate By the way, 48 stubbies divided by the 16 votes recieved to win the comp equals a six pack for Kim and I as we voted for your pic

mmmmmmmbeer.

I don't drink beer steve, you can have mine
    3 sleeps to go.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Thanks Kim!!! I will shout you a CC for your vote...You can have a beer or two too Roo for your vote!!

Guys I am really sorry, I couldnt get up there today....I wont go into it, but revolved around outboard motor F?%$#ng mechanics and....'we need to get parts......bull$%&t'.

It was a nice day too when the fog lifted. Foxie reckons a few fish have been caught in last 2 days....theres a glimmer!!

a glimmer, thats all we need mate
    I must be missing something, which site are yous talking about????? and how do I get free beer???????????????

Only two sleeps for me as i wont sleep thursday night.Ill be too excited bout getting my photo takenim only going to have a look up bird quickly friday arv where we got a couple last trip.

me too chewy!!
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    a glimmer, thats all we need mate
    I must be missing something, which site are yous talking about????? and how do I get free beer???????????????
    It was a photo comp on active angler website. The comp is sponsored by fishrock brewery which I'm sure Steve will greatly enjoy drinking. They run it Bi- monthly I think.

Hey Ben, I had a play with the storms in a bucket.
    1. test 1: out of the box :- Ultra slow sink.
    2. test 2: remove tow point split ring :- Floated slowly to the surface (such a difference with such little change)
    3. test 3: add #6 Split & #1 owner treble :- Sinking quickly.
    4. test 4: add #6 Split & #2 owner treble :- Still sinking too quickly.
    5. test 5: add #6 Split & #2 VMC 3X treble :- Still sinking too fast.

####Only changed the front hook.####
    Remains to be seen how they perform when tied onto the end of my line, leader and braid will have some effect on buoyancy but i guess the end result is they will sink like a stone with both hooks upgraded or they will be a good XOS flathead lure as the standard light trebles wont stand a chance in a barra gob even with light drag they could be fairly easily opened up.
    We'll see.
    Cheers Roo.

I suppose you could treat them like the rapala Count Down models.
    Last edited by Roo; 04-06-2008 at 09:34 AM.

Steve, that's a bugger you didn't get out.
    From all the talk about this weekend, a fish will be a bonus. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. A glimmer is all we need!!
    Cheers Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    It was a photo comp on active angler website. The comp is sponsored by fishrock brewery which I'm sure Steve will greatly enjoy drinking. They run it Bi- monthly I think.

Hey Ben, I had a play with the storms in a bucket.
    1. test 1: out of the box :- Ultra slow sink.
    2. test 2: remove tow point split ring :- Floated slowly to the surface (such a difference with such little change)
    3. test 3: add #6 Split & #1 owner treble :- Sinking quickly.
    4. test 4: add #6 Split & #2 owner treble :- Still sinking too quickly.
    5. test 5: add #6 Split & #2 VMC 3X treble :- Still sinking too fast.
    ####Only changed the front hook.####
    Remains to be seen how they perform when tied onto the end of my line, leader and braid will have some effect on buoyancy but i guess the end result is they will sink like a stone with both hooks upgraded or they will be a good XOS flathead lure as the standard light trebles wont stand a chance in a barra gob even with light drag they could be fairly easily opened up.
    We'll see.
    Cheers Roo.

I suppose you could treat them like the rapala Count Down models.
    Thanks Roo.
    I tries them out on Saturday in the outlaws pool on 78lb braid and 60 lb leader and they suspended beautifully. They really look the goods, athough as you said the upgrade is the problem. Navi got some #3 Owners yesterday, and i was hoping to upgrade with them so we will see. Any smaller gauge and they are too small for the barra, and they will smash em, but hey you may be lucky. If not they will be a great jack lure!!!!

Couldn't sleep last night, too excited, getting stuff organised. Funny feeling though not taking my boat or car, i am feeling guilty that Navi has all the work and boat prep to do!!!!!Poor bugger.
    Spoke to Lyndon this arvo and they are hoping to meet up with us on the Saturday for a fish and a lunch or dinner drink later on.
    Cheers
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    Thanks Roo.
    I tries them out on Saturday in the outlaws pool on 78lb braid and 60 lb leader and they suspended beautifully. They really look the goods, athough as you said the upgrade is the problem. Navi got some #3 Owners yesterday, and i was hoping to upgrade with them so we will see. Any smaller gauge and they are too small for the barra, and they will smash em, but hey you may be lucky. If not they will be a great jack lure!!!!

Couldn't sleep last night, too excited, getting stuff organised. Funny feeling though not taking my boat or car, i am feeling guilty that Navi has all the work and boat prep to do!!!!!Poor bugger.
    Spoke to Lyndon this arvo and they are hoping to meet up with us on the Saturday for a fish and a lunch or dinner drink later on.
    Cheers
    Ben
    I've got some #4 3X VMC's I will try on them. otherwise I'll remove the rear treble altogether.
    Myself and a Mate have been putting the finishing touches to a rear casting deck in the boat this week. Its been built and in the boat since early January but the "Roundtuit" required to finish it off and carpet it up have been hard to find.....90% done now, just in time for the weekend. I have to give credit where credit due....all i did was pass the tools, hold this, fetch beer......and I did a bloody great job of it too!!
    Kim has been ferreting away in the kitchen, baking goodies and treats to exchange for Barra Mojo.
    Packing the car tonight for a 3am departure Friday morning. Got the new Fishing DVD this morning, Might have to bring it with us.....can't remember if the cabins have a DVD player.

Seeya's all there.

You two have got it bad....good on ya's

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    ...can't remember if the cabins have a DVD player.
    They sure do, Roo - so make sure you take (and watch) that DVD.

Drop into Foxies during your stay and grab a packet of Zoom frogs to try the tecnique!

Regs

Pete

Its in the car already!!!!
    been at work since 9.....done nuthin but surf the net. I got it Bad!!!!

Must refocus, only 15hr 45mins to lift off.

NAGG, where are you, Post#150 is waiting for you.!! be quick or you'll miss it.

Weather is beuatiful at the moment......as I look out of the top of a spew bucket in the loungeroom!!! Some bugger has given me a not nice bug!!! I have been down for 2 days, but feeling better now......I will be right for weekend!!! still should be OK for fish and social on sunday!

travel safe guys...the fish will be on.

steve