Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Can't Help Myself

Re: Can't Help Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Forget the lasagne mate, in 14yrs she's never made it for me . I made it myself once, but not too successful.

what's the plan Ben? Kim's Rocky Road could be a handy bargaining tool. I know I don't let it out of the house for just anyone!!! The only way you'd get any home would be to hide it from yourself.....its a drug that can give you a nasty habit. fortunately the recipe is not too difficult.....but it gonna cost you.
    I'm hungry now.
    Roo,
    I think the plan is to find some bait, therefore some evening or early morning stuff will be on the cards, when the bait is most active. We will fish mostly day light hours but may do some night time stuff in bass straight, as i found fish there in April, they may still l be boofing after dark! I have a few spots under my sleeve, as does Navi, so between the two of us we should be totally confused were to go. I would say a fair bit of time will be spent exploring some new ground as well. Bloody rain at the moment is making me go stir crazy. Already done the tackle stores on the sunny coast this morning, and they reckon the rain will be here till Sunday. I am not a fan of being couped up at home. The computer will get a hiding!!!!!!! Gee the rocky road sound like serious stuff. I will have to warn you about Navi's brother Vin, he is like a big bear and eats like one also. Maybe 4 or 5 batches are on the cards, Kim!!!!!
    Bored already
    Ben

LGM, You aren't looking real well maybe you should stay home.... then make a miraculous recovery and come to mondy too!! So long as you beat them home you'll be all good. The rocky road is worth it

Navi, I thought Steve was cooking breaky each morning while Foxie was giving us a briefing.
    Breaky @ Steve's 8am sharp.(I've pm'ed Steve how you like your eggs. )
    Briefing on days tips etc
    On the water by 9.30
    First fist by 10ish
    Sounds good.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Cant understand this post.....You all go on and on about catching Barra in winter time...you cant catch barra in winter....Never heard of anyone catching Barra in winter...Its just .... have you ever....Just not.... Those barras have read the book... you know the one.... By whats his face ...The one that says thou shall not fish for Barra in Winter......Just because the Boyne Tannum hookup is on the same weekend and you can fish where ever you like to catch fish... and l might go to Monduran to catch my fish has nothing to do with it...Just because the barra section last year was taken out by ...um ...a bloke l know Good bloke too !...IT has nothing to do with it...So you may as well stay home ..You have all been warned

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    Roo,
    I think the plan is to find some bait, therefore some evening or early morning stuff will be on the cards, when the bait is most active. We will fish mostly day light hours but may do some night time stuff in bass straight, as i found fish there in April, they may still l be boofing after dark! I have a few spots under my sleeve, as does Navi, so between the two of us we should be totally confused were to go. I would say a fair bit of time will be spent exploring some new ground as well. Bloody rain at the moment is making me go stir crazy. Already done the tackle stores on the sunny coast this morning, and they reckon the rain will be here till Sunday. I am not a fan of being couped up at home. The computer will get a hiding!!!!!!! Gee the rocky road sound like serious stuff. I will have to warn you about Navi's brother Vin, he is like a big bear and eats like one also. Maybe 4 or 5 batches are on the cards, Kim!!!!!
    Bored already
    Ben
    Early worm catches a cold....or a fish or something like that. I have a mental picture of some very good shallows(it was paddocks with cattle in January) immediately north of Bass Strait right up to the fence line opposite "A" Bay. these flats were mostly devoid of any structure (1 or 2 fallen logs) but the edge dropped into the main channel @ a 45 deg angle. I'm thinking of checking this area out. Looking forward to applying all this pent up excitement into cracking the Barra code. I seriously can't get any work done. We should have a team briefing on the water Saturday morning. Kim & I will have already had a look around on Friday arvo(although sometimes I wonder if I know what I'm looking for ) so we can form a combined plan of assault. I'll bring my laminated mud map of the dam and design a strategy to implement....and then probably do something else

Kim was looking forward to leisurely morning sleep in till 8, someone else cooking brekkie, a gentlemen's hours start on the water and returning in time for sundowners on the deck. I knew it wouldn't last . bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Cant understand this post.....You all go on and on about catching Barra in winter time...you cant catch barra in winter....Never heard of anyone catching Barra in winter...Its just .... have you ever....Just not.... Those barras have read the book... you know the one.... By whats his face ...The one that says thou shall not fish for Barra in Winter......Just because the Boyne Tannum hookup is on the same weekend and you can fish where ever you like to catch fish... and l might go to Monduran to catch my fish has nothing to do with it...Just because the barra section last year was taken out by ...um ...a bloke l know Good bloke too !...IT has nothing to do with it...So you may as well stay home ..You have all been warned
    You'll need a boat tho' trev
    Come on trev, Share the love. I'm sure you've got a few sneaky secrets hidden up your.......sleeve. particularly like know how to target the mythical Bass population. If your up there on that weekend, keep your eye out for us in a White 4.55 Polycraft with "Reel Fun" & Ausfish stickers on the sides. Kim's rocky road is way better than the shop bought stuff, but you gotta get in quick. the magpies will be madly picking at it.

Cheers Roo.

chandge of plans im now blowing friday or knocking off at 10 so ill be up ther round 1230 so will do a reccie as well friday arv for an hour.

see you there chewy. we should arrive at around the same time. I'll keep an eye out for you.

There's no bass in Monduran it's a myth.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    LGM, You aren't looking real well maybe you should stay home.... then make a miraculous recovery and come to mondy too!! So long as you beat them home you'll be all good. The rocky road is worth it

Navi, I thought Steve was cooking breaky each morning while Foxie was giving us a briefing.
    Breaky @ Steve's 8am sharp.(I've pm'ed Steve how you like your eggs. )
    Briefing on days tips etc
    On the water by 9.30
    First fist by 10ish
    Sounds good.
    Eggs...what eggs..how come I am cooking all of a sudden!!

I am working on finishing work about midday sunday for arvo/night. cant get out of work monday....thats OK its a public holiday!! big$$$.
    Foxie can et anytime off i reckon, but I think he was talking about sunday arvo too.

Trevs right, cant catch barra in winter....the magazines say we cant... Anyway, Rob from the park caught a 120cm yesterday in 19 degrees. hope that gives you guys some encouragement.

I'm with you Steve I won't be up there till after lunch not cause I'm working just cause I'm partying Saturday night at my millioniare lation's 60th birthday.
    Trev your right can't catch barra in winter as there all just sunbaking.. LOL
    Going up Friday with a fishing guide from Sweden could be interesting , rain 90 klm winds forecast.

Cheers Foxie

Always Think Like A Fish - No Matter How Weird It Gets

Are u guys getting this rain is chucking cats and dogs down in maryborough

Mihght stay in town somewhere at this rate put you thinking caps on about fishing newly flooded banks chewy.......

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Trevs right, cant catch barra in winter....the magazines say we cant... Anyway, Rob from the park caught a 120cm yesterday in 19 degrees. hope that gives you guys some encouragement.
    I went digging through my Research Data(pile of old Magazines) to find the very article to keep my spirits up. "Barra in the Freezer" by Mr J.Wilhelm, QFM Annual No.9. I think some of you locals are trying a little too hard to throw us off the scent . The Jig is up, we're coming anyway. .
    Also have a read of the articles on the Sweetwater site by Johnny Mitchell. Some very interesting points to ponder.

Cheers Roo.
    T minus 7days, 3hrs.

I went digging through my Research Data(pile of old Magazines) to find the very article to keep my spirits up. "Barra in the Freezer" by Mr J.Wilhelm, QFM Annual No.9. I think some of you locals are trying a little too hard to throw us off the scent . The Jig is up, we're coming anyway. .
    Also have a read of the articles on the Sweetwater site by Johnny Mitchell. Some very interesting points to ponder.

Cheers Roo.
    T minus 7days, 3hrs.
    Go get em Guys ....... Use those conditions & think about what you need to do!
    You might get wet & cold ....... but if you persist , I'm sure you'll nail a few ....... Thems barra still need to eat ! ...... Specially those like HOMER
    Best of luck

Cheers

Nagg

Cheers Roo.
    T minus 7days, 3hrs.
    Roo
    I read the same article last night also!!!
    Yes the locals are being quite fox like!
    Ben