Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Can't Help Myself

Re: Can't Help Myself

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    .....Magpie mate as we have Ben with us.

That night is still a bit of a blur. Lucky for the pub that Bundy is close-by and they could restock their rum supply's overnight after all your double shots .

You are terrible influence so looking forward to another session. How's Sun night?? As mentioned, Ben's shouting (in swahili).

Ben, I know where you can stick those industrial size ear plugs .

Roo - who are these 'talented' ausfishers you speak of;D I need some mojo magic too.
    I don't quite know now Black_Sheep, I thought that was your department. See if you can russell up a Guru. Ben is clearly a catalyst for debauchery so thats part of the equation, just need the fish whisperers to put us onto the mark and we'll be set.
    I can see this turning out like some of my Boardriders club trips.......not much Surfing gets done but plenty of fun none the less.

Cheers Roo.

Sounds like it's going to be fun, 2 weeks to go. Should we phone the pub and warn them you guys are coming?? On second thoughts, better not, they might close down for the weekend?
    I have a slight reel issue I need to get sorted. On Monday night we loaded up the reel (a pflueger supreme), from the combo I bought a few weeks ago. Trouble is the most drag we could get out of it was 2.2kg. Not quite enough for barra We tested the old echelon and go 3.5kg out of it. So we are going back on saturday to put the spool in some of the other supremes they had there, to see if they are any better. I may have to use the echelon again for the trip , unless I can convince Roo to buy me a zillion
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Great read this thread, very funny, you crew sound like you have a ball. Much better to read than some of the recent heavy duty tense threads etc. and bla bla bla.
    Hope you all get some barra among all the drinks, donuts and marshmallows LOL!
    Go for it, I need to get to Monduran some time, only worked Awoonga so far.
    Barraboy7
    " Fishing is not a hobby, a Hobby is something I do in my spare time! "

Kim, I will make sure I pack a spare baitcastor or 2 just in case you don't have success. I have plenty of spares so it's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboy7 View Post
    Great read this thread, very funny, you crew sound like you have a ball. Much better to read than some of the recent heavy duty tense threads etc. and bla bla bla.
    Hope you all get some barra among all the drinks, donuts and marshmallows LOL!
    Go for it, I need to get to Monduran some time, only worked Awoonga so far.
    Barraboy7
    That is the plan Barraboy7. hopefully the drinks, donuts and marshmallows don't make me too fat, happy and lazy to go fishing, I've already got a winter coat on the midrift.

Hopefully we'll have a replacement reel sorted out on the weekend, if not a refund. 2.2kgs is not what you'd call flash huh. Have been doing some searching for suitable alternatives and found a nice new JDM daiwa.
    http://www.japantackle.com/Daiwa_ree...wa_Aggrest.htm
    Looks like a mildly detuned Zillion. certainly a better bet than the Supreme has turned out.

Cheers Roo.

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    Kim, I will make sure I pack a spare baitcastor or 2 just in case you don't have success. I have plenty of spares so it's not a problem.
    Kim

There is a very good reason why Navi carries spare baitcasters?.......his brother keeps dropping them/throwing them in the drink I thought he was a member of the Midget Mafia when he first pulled out his brief case.....and when he opened it.....full of low profiles, barrels, assorted spare parts, tools.....a mobile "reel garage"

Cheers
    Paul

Roo, The TD advantage 153HSTA super tuned is a perfect reel, I have 2, Both Foxie and I rate them higher than the Zillion......cost Vs performance. I reckon they actually cast smoother too. about $239.

cheers steve

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Kim

There is a very good reason why Navi carries spare baitcasters?.......his brother keeps dropping them/throwing them in the drink I thought he was a member of the Midget Mafia when he first pulled out his brief case.....and when he opened it.....full of low profiles, barrels, assorted spare parts, tools.....a mobile "reel garage"

Cheers
    Paul
    I promise I wont let Roo near them Navi!!
    Enough time has passed, healing is almost complete.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Roo, The TD advantage 153HSTA super tuned is a perfect reel, I have 2, Both Foxie and I rate them higher than the Zillion......cost Vs performance. I reckon they actually cast smoother too. about $239.

cheers steve
    They do look good and the review on tackle tour is quite glowing but the wider/larger size doesn't fit well with Kims delicate, never done a hard days work in the trenches of blood sweat and tears, hands quite as well as the 100 size reels do. I wish i'd had a chance to check out a few reviews before getting the Supreme, the tackle tour guys found the same problem we have with very poor max drag performance

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I wish i'd had a chance to check out a few reviews before getting the Supreme, the tackle tour guys found the same problem we have with very poor max drag performance
    That's what I get for an impulse buy.

They do look good and the review on tackle tour is quite glowing but the wider/larger size doesn't fit well with Kims delicate, never done a hard days work in the trenches of blood sweat and tears, hands quite as well as the 100 size reels do. I wish i'd had a chance to check out a few reviews before getting the Supreme, the tackle tour guys found the same problem we have with very poor max drag performance
    Ooooh Roo that will cost you bacon and Eggs for sure!!!!

Mabey the chronarch 100 with a drag upgrade?? I have been toying with the idea myself. Light smooth reel. My old one (now residing somewhere in the depths of Monduran) used to land some pretty good barra, without drag upgrade...just a thought.

Steve

They do look good and the review on tackle tour is quite glowing but the wider/larger size doesn't fit well with Kims delicate, never done a hard days work in the trenches of blood sweat and tears, hands quite as well as the 100 size reels do. I
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Ooooh Roo that will cost you bacon and Eggs for sure!!!!

Steve
    Thanks for the heads up Steve, I missed that comment. Wait till you check out his baby bott hands.

Kim,

I'll probably take my certate custom hd3500 so will make sure Roo doesn't see it.

Most of my spare reels are barrell shaped but I should have a Chronarch CH100 spare for back up use - that should be small enough to palm. I also have a spare echelon that could be spooled up with 30lb braid.

Roo - we will hit up Steve as a guide for the day. He's the man!! If not, we'll do what we always do and wing it. I'm sure if the weather gods are kind, we'll find a few hungry fish. 2 weeks and counting.

Hey Steve,
    This crew sounds like there serious we might have to start training.
    See you at The Gin Gin about 7

Cheers Foxie
    Always Think Like A Fish - No Matter How Weird It Gets

ha, i got my own.....i wasn't gonna bring it just incase i put it down for a second and some creature from the deep snuck up and stole it.
    Here's hoping the mondy pig whisperer is available....although isn't Ben also a Pig hunter too? Bring your pith hat Ben......i said pith, pith, pith!!!!