Thread: Gary Howard VS Wilson Live fibre

Gary Howard VS Wilson Live fibre

Guys, went out yesterday with my heart set on a live fibre rod. Wanted something about 5-8kg, 7', stocky base but nice whippy tip for light reef, snapper fishing. Anyway, saw a Gary Howard stiinger around the same price which I really liked. I know live fibres reputation and also know Gary Howard has a good name but are we talking apples for apples here?

Re: Gary Howard VS Wilson Live fibre

This thread may be of assistance:

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=98405

Both decent rods.....Gary Howard prob. better(depending on application).

Mick

Hi Craig,

the Howard rods I have seen have been north of $400 retail, so if you can get one for about the same price as a Wilson Live Fibre then it sounds like a good deal.

Cheers

Dave

mate have both and are much equal but fibre rods are value for money

if it comes to a choice between a Wilson and a Garry Howard rod for the same price..............its a no brainer......Garry Howard all the way.

Cheers

Greg

PS - wilson live fibres are great rods.....but are usually way cheaper than a garry howard custom rod which is a superior product.

I bought the live fibre blades and tails in the sportfishing series ,its the x heavy for offshore plastics and so far it has performed as well as i expected i get good feel ,light tip and plenty of power in the butt and half the cost of thing like the howard and egrells just my opinion though ...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

fender22. Try a t-curve 7ft 5-10kg. Nice and light and powerful. For around the $250 mark. Match it with a 4000 or 6000 reel of preference. Catch alot with it and a great spin out fit.

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

I've had a Wilson Live fibre Texallium 15 to 24kg which snapped on a large fish off Cape Moreton. The store that I purchased it from gave me a full refund which I put towards a Gary Howard GForce 15 to 24kg rod. Very happy after 12 months of pulling up good fish including a few large grey suits.

Cheers
    Barry

Im with bluefin59. Also have the Blade & Tails X heavy and cant fault it. For fishing braid/plastics it wins my vote. Have racked up some great captures on it and also have plenty of other assorted live fibres in my collection. Never had an issue with quality and good value for money. Nobody I know has 1 live fibre, they usually keep buying them!!

My only criticism of the stinger is i found the
    reel seats a bit small ...... Other than that
    they are both fine rods !!!

Mark