Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Counting to ten..it's over...I hope

Re: Counting to ten !!!

Thanks Garry, yes, kept a pretty good record of times/ dates etc.

Thanks Ed, muchly appreciated but I believe there is a result just around the corner.

Yes, Robbie.... hopefully my message is getting across that ' action ' is on the way.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    Hi Phil
    Know where you are coming with the agro thing, learnt many moons ago that it dosnt pay to show agro when dealing with like situations, dosnt hurt to follow through with good clear concise action though driven by that agro.
    cheers
    blaze
    Dead right, you lose your temper, you lose the war. Facts, facts, nothing but facts.

BUT, you can be very damned testy, very coldly logical (go in steps) - speak slowly (like you are giving them time to understand), with a slightly raised voice (add a slight quiver if you can) and it really puts the shits up people. I know - I use it all the time!!!

Good Luck,
    Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

well, called ' head ' people at 4.34pm Wednesday 11th, and they referred me back to mech. The report is yet to arrive. Phoned mech at 4.40pm same day.

Mechanic said that they ( head people ) are sending head back tomorrow with new parts. Mech will ' mill / machine ' head , fit new parts " seats/ insert " etc and replace it on Friday. maybe not get vehicle back that day......

Any issue after that will be referred straight back to head supplier as they are insisting there is nothing wrong with head except for 5thou bow. Head supplier are aware that if vehicle goes back to them down the track it will be accompanied by claims for loss of income, inconvenience, hire costs, LEGAL costs and more....

Mech has been dealing with head supplier for 20 years and has never made a warranty claim, first one and they dump him, fob him off.... as I am told.

The story continues.........

bruce...... aka...... waiting, desperate, unlucky, confused and tired...Phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 11-06-2008 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    bruce...... aka...... waiting, desperate, unlucky, confused and tired...Phill
    You forgot to add Doormat_Phill, Bend_me_over_Phill. All jokes aside I am glad there is finally light at the end of the tunnel (although you have not got it back yet). Well I did throw the towel in with my job and handed in an official written resignation after my week off. Final date of employ will be on the 20th. of this month. My employer has offered double what I am earning to keep me but too little too late because I have already said yes to my new employers who have offered more than twice my current income, company car, and less hours. Sounding pretty darn good to me.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Nice work Andrew....

sorry to devert off the topic again bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    You forgot to add Doormat_Phill, Bend_me_over_Phill. All jokes aside I am glad there is finally light at the end of the tunnel (although you have not got it back yet). Well I did throw the towel in with my job and handed in an official written resignation after my week off. Final date of employ will be on the 20th. of this month. My employer has offered double what I am earning to keep me but too little too late because I have already said yes to my new employers who have offered more than twice my current income, company car, and less hours. Sounding pretty darn good to me.

Poodroo
    good for you poodroo.
    they should have been a better employer in the first place. now watch them struggle.
    Like we both said last week plenty of good jobs out there.

congrates

neil

Quote Originally Posted by HONKY DORY View Post
    sorry to devert off the topic again bruce

good for you poodroo.
    they should have been a better employer in the first place. now watch them struggle.
    Like we both said last week plenty of good jobs out there.

congrates

neil
    Thanks Neil. Funny thing is once I officially resigned my employer who claimed he was unable to afford any more pay increases suddenly offered me an extra $300 per week? Well I was tempted to stay right up until the point where he started talking about laying some staff off to afford to pay that kind of wage but my immediate question was "Um doesn't that mean I will have to work ten times harder than I already am working and I will still have to pay for my own fuel?" A BIG no thankyou.
    Nice work Andrew....
    Sorry if I created a thread hijacking Phill.
    Thanks Phill. Funny thing is my new bosses name will be Phil. Hmmm.
    Let me know if you want to come out for a fish one day to take your mind off the Nissan. Happy to take you out on the water although this weekend is crap.

Poodroo

OK, Andrew, this weekend is good for me, I'll hook up Skanky Hoe behind the Paj and we can hit Awoonga or Monduran,, some nice barra waiting there for me.

Bugga.... fuel costs....

Oh,, and I have Brooke this weekend and......

Queensland won the S.O.O... tonight.

and a miracle might happen Friday and the Nissan will be back on the road / dirt !!

'tis a good night to be a Queenslander........... see I still have a sense of humour

phill

well, called ' head ' people at 4.34pm Wednesday 11th, and they referred me back to mech. The report is yet to arrive. Phoned mech at 4.40pm same day.

Mechanic said that they ( head people ) are sending head back tomorrow with new parts. Mech will ' mill / machine ' head , fit new parts " seats/ insert " etc and replace it on Friday. maybe not get vehicle back that day......

Any issue after that will be referred straight back to head supplier as they are insisting there is nothing wrong with head except for 5thou bow. Head supplier are aware that if vehicle goes back to them down the track it will be accompanied by claims for loss of income, inconvenience, hire costs, LEGAL costs and more....

Phil - I would personally go and check out the cylinder bores etc before they reassemble. If it has overheated and they have just ripped the head off and sent it away you could have oil consumption issues (or worse) down the track if the pistons/rings have picked up.

If the failure is their fault I would want the pistons out and the bore honed minimum. The job needs to be done properly or you will be back having problems down the track.

Cheers

Greg

OK, Andrew, this weekend is good for me, I'll hook up Skanky Hoe behind the Paj and we can hit Awoonga or Monduran,, some nice barra waiting there for me.

Bugga.... fuel costs....

Oh,, and I have Brooke this weekend and......

Queensland won the S.O.O... tonight.

and a miracle might happen Friday and the Nissan will be back on the road / dirt !!

'tis a good night to be a Queenslander........... see I still have a sense of humour

phill
    Does Skanky Hoe even know what it is like being hooked up behind a real 4wd?
    Yes Qld did win the State Of Origin last night. How big a killing was that all you blues supporters?
    It is good to be a Queenslander. Good to see you still have a sense of humour.

Okay back to fishing Phill, it just so happens I was planning a slightly more local trip if you are interested. I know a nice little squire/snapper spot in the Pin that will be slightly more out of the wind than in the Bay. Planning to meet up with Scalem and For Steve in the early hours of Saturday. As yet I don't have a deckie but you and Brooke are welcome to join me if interested in Nauti~Gal if you want to.

I am still trying to understand why people love travelling all the way to Monduran to catch Barra that you cannot keep? I know they taste like crap in fresh water (apparently) so where is the attraction to going so far to catch them? Let me know when you want to venture into the salt water croc territory. I wouldn't mind catching one of those Barra.

Poodroo

Greg, I may not get a chance to check bores, but attempt to.

Can the issue be detected with a compression test once I get the vehicle back ?

cheers

More of a long term concern causing premature problems. Given what you have mentioned regarding his workmanship I would say they would take the quickest,cheapest way to fix something.

The bores maybe fine but personally as a diesel fitter if it were my engine I would inspect the bore , replace the rings and give the bore a quick hone (if recommended by Nissan) while it was down. 70-80k down the track you don't want to be pulling the engine down again cause of oil usage or something.

Cheers

Greg

OK, I will make big attempt to get and have a look down the bore tomorrow.

Thanks

Called mech today 12.15pm. He has looked and tested bores etc as this was part of the requirement for him to do, when he placed a warranty claim with the Head supplier. All is good.

He has head, will face it today and get it ready for fitting Monday. New VRS, head bolts etc.

The head IS a genuine Nissan product but not from Nissan. The story goes along the lines of Nissan has stopped making this model engines so offers the spare parts up for bulk sale. The head supplier bought shitloads. Ended up being cheaper than buying from Nissan.

Mech suggestion to add Low Water Buzzer to top of radiator tank for peace of mind.

Mech also stated that he has heard of other '; heads ' not being right from the factory, not common, but I am not alone. Mech also stated that I will know if there is going to be an issue within the first couple of weeks of getting the truck back.

I see light at the end of the very long tunnel.

I will then be in a quandry.

I will have a vehicle that has endured many ' issues ' but in reality is in tip top shape with many $'s of extras added. So, do I sell it off and hope the next vehicle ( if it is second hand ) does not have similar problems, or do I persist knowing that just about every part of the vehicle has been upgraded or replaced over the last couple of years and in fact should provide many many more years trouble free running .

I started to add up the extras..... dollar wise,, and holy crap... there has been some big chunks of lettuce spent on the Nissan. Never get my money back, but it would make a great vehicle for someone that wants to hit the road running.. dirt road that is.

bring on Monday.................

phill

You have spent the $'s on that vehicle Phil and unless you buy new, you will never Know what has come before. The problem you have had could very easily happen on a car with 20 000 km on it.
    The only issue (apart from down time) is the fact you have payed top $ for a new head and you will end up with a second hand head because it will have had 5 thou + shaved off it. What you need to know is what is the max that can be planed off the head?. Has the hardness of the head been affected & tested (does happen and they get soft, no end of problems). Some ali heads cant be planed at all.
    I feel you have every right to expect a new head ( sold not fit for intented purpose) or at the very least if that one is accepted you should have a written extended warranty and a partial refund on the value of the head as it is now second hand.
    Thoughts for you to ponder
    I also think your mechanic is talking shit in reguards to the bores, he should have checked the surface of the block in relation to the warp in the head.
    cheers
    blaze