Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Counting to ten..it's over...I hope

Re: Counting to ten..it's over...I hope

I gotta pull my finger out and go see that brad soon, i need a lift kit fitted to my navara. Only problem is I reckon he will want to do more to it than I want!!!

He has a nice 5.7ltr V8 there that he wants to put into my navara.....!!!!!!!!

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    He has a nice 5.7ltr V8 there that he wants to put into my navara.....!!!!!!!!

It'll be more useful in my 1 tonner I reckon
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Mate,

I know a good Landrover

Thats the problem phil with turbo'd engines. 1 small hick up and throw them away. Ive seen many a engine melt down or blow itself to pieces. Yep, go the 5.7 mate. Cant go wrong ...

Mod11

maybe a ford motor would be better Phill

a beefy 351 would make it hummmmmmmmmmmm

That 5.7 wouldn't be the one located in the scout would it? Might need to toughen up the nissan driveline and build a bigger fuel tank if you want it to be usefull

Nope, it's sittin on the floor in the shop....

Does it look like this phill?

Small, beautiful, and more power than you eve dreamed of.... Brings a tear to your eye doesnt it.

I have come to realise that I will show complete faith in my D22 and keep her.

I think she deserves to be cared for.

Despite the issues, they have basically been the fault of humans and not the vehicle.

She's clicked over 200k and does still drive beautifully. Needs some cosmetic touches here and there, but it does have all the bells and whistles.

I have 110KW's at my disposal, and that will be fine for now.

Thanks for all the replies guys, hope this is the end of it

phill

Phill,
    Good decision.
    I've been watching the post over the time and to be honest i was disgusted in my fellow mechanic.
    As you have said most of the dramas was no fault of the the car. Just some fool that had no idea on mechanics and customer service.

If i was in your situation i would ask myself, if the job was done right the first time would i be thinking of selling it. The answer would have to be no.
    200ks is nothing for a diesel.
    Hope you have many a happy kilometer.

neil

Wow Phill that Faulty towers vid is exactly your situation. I plan on buying a 3.0L Patrol in the future and if i need work expect a PM from me finding out where not to go. Hope you get another million K's out of her you deserve it.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Yes Chris.... it has been an ' episode '.

If you ever need a good mechanic and good customer service.. call in and see Brad or Brett at. On Track 4 x 4 Centre, Moss Street, Slacks Creek.

Cheers

Hmm...I read the first 2 pages and the last 2 pages, can I be filled in a bit?

I believe the problem was with a D22 3.0L Navara? (my guess)

If so the D22 3.0's were pretty good, but in the earlier patrols they had some issue's with piston's melting due to poor engine management systems.
    I feel sorry for the poor mechanic who had to scratch his head for so long to try and resolve your problem. Was your work performed by a dealership or some place like or worse than ultra tune etc?
    The only reason I ask is that if it was all done by a dealer they would have (or should have) had nissan involved, and chances are if you were a loyal customer you may have easily had a brand new replacement engine and other possible defective parts replaced at no or very little cost to you.
    I am not sticking up for nissan or any of their dealerships as they are rip off merchants like every other dealership and manufacturers, but honestly, it is worth the big bucks to get things done in the right place at what ever the price, to ensure a better out come.

I will say that I am glad that you have a D22 Navara and not a D40, as them and the R51 Pathfinders are the biggest lemons that Nissan have ever produced. Other brands like Toyota, Holden, Ford, etc all have issues aswell, but it is a shame that nissan have lowered their standards a bit by cost cutting to meet the euro spec for emissions and safety etc.

Imo, if one buys a new car that they have it serviced by the dealers, that way you stand a chance of some assistance if needed. Then after the WTY period if anything fails, start by going back to basics, get a fully mechanical engine, with a solid flywheel, and step up the driveline, etc. Then you will have a nice looking car but with a reliable drivetrain to keep it all active.
    Old mechanical diesels will outperform and use less fuel than the garbage that is on the market these days.
    And are we all aware that the award pay rate for a mechanic or should I say automotive technician is $16/hr, and the BOSS charges the customer $100/hr.
    Poor buggers can push trollies for that!
    I have a lot I could dribble about, maybe I should write a book, anyway I will shut up and let you back to it. I have a lot of things to say about the automotive industry. We can only thank the greens for sh%t.

Cheers.

Hey Phil, I think its really time you considered the end of the shite box and stepped up to a patrol. Really, I think you would have saved a heap seeing as the nav has cost you so much. Cheers, FLEA