Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Perils of fishing Monduran alone Part 2

Re: Perils of fishing Monduran alone Part 2

TheMissus has bitten the bullet and booked us in for the Long weekend in June. Hope we can find ourselves some Mutant Barra/Pigs. Everybody start praying for a warm spell for the first 2 weeks of June.

Cheers Roo.

Good on ya Roo.

I hope the weather turns good. Give that Zillion a scream!!

Steve

Well Done Stevo - great report on all your hard luck at the start but some great rewards at the finish. Brilliant fishing mate.

Darren

Great fish Steve. It appears that once you crack the 120 barrier, the flood gates open and suddenly you keep catching big fish. It took me 4 years to break the 120, but once I did I caught another 12 over 120 in 6 months, so hopefully it will be like that for you too. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. cheers scott

Bloody nice fish mate, how many did you get overall? Hows the electric motor going you sent it back again yet?

Snapper,

Got 1 lost 1 only fished for a few hours. yeah, taking it into bundy in the morning to get fixed. I dont think it will be a big job. ...hope not anyway.!!

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Snapper,

Got 1 lost 1 only fished for a few hours. yeah, taking it into bundy in the morning to get fixed. I dont think it will be a big job. ...hope not anyway.!!

steve
    Time for a water snake steve i say lol and time for me to add a few more stiffys to my selection i think i lost the one i hooked up on last time so i need 2 to replace the one i think or is it 4 to replace the one ok i might get four i see ok chat soon

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Great fish Steve. It appears that once you crack the 120 barrier, the flood gates open and suddenly you keep catching big fish. It took me 4 years to break the 120, but once I did I caught another 12 over 120 in 6 months, so hopefully it will be like that for you too. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. cheers scott
    Thanks for the compliments.

I could handle 12 more 120+ like yours Scott!!! I' d settle for 12 hard fighting fish of any size for that matter!!

Hadn't heard from you in ages. Hope you been well. Are you doing ABT this year??

cheers steve

that has to be the FATTEST barra I have seen... they're feeding well in there by the look of it!

fantastic effort!

maaaaate, just got my copy of the latest BnB magazine out of the letter box, and there is not ONE, BUT TWO pics of you hoisting up barra.
    You are now officially famous

I wonder if those rods I brought off ya are worth any more now, maybe some hick collecter from down south, can see it now :
    "yup, this 'ere stick used to belon to Steve Bechely, caught Ol Homer he did, bigger thaan a whale that fish was, yuk yuk yuk"

Brain,

your going a bit mad in the head I reckon You need to go fishing!!

Thanks for letting me know,,,I'd better go buy a copy for mum

I can autograph them rods if you want (there is no icon for sarcasm unfortunatly) I really just got lucky with those big fish.

Went out yesterday. Fished two seperate points in this new bay I found. There was a fish on both points. both of them had about 5 swipes at the lures without hookup. I chucked 3 different lures at them, and had swipes on all. I cracked the s$%ts and went home....It was quite fun though. I forgot to take the video and my new tripod, it was a bit of a rush trip. It would have made good footage. more bait than I have ever seen. Water temp around 24 deg, pretty good. Flat as a tack water. I'd rather have a slight breeze.

cheers steve
    Last edited by Steve B; 22-05-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Steve, stop using up all the good weather!! now you need to go home and drag out a nice map of the lake so you can mark all these points of interest for our little "tour" in 2 weeks. I promise I will only look at them from a safe distance before fishing much less productive water.Honest boss.

Roo, for a good bloke like yourself, I will show you where I have been doing OK. Its not about the spot, but whats there. There are thousands of spots that look the same, as I said in previous post, those two 'enquiring' fish were in a new area....I love that. I think its time to start slow rolling lures again (b52, a trollcraft cheepy lipless crankbait I got at foxies.. That seemed to work a bit better than twitchin stiffies this time.

Ok I will shut up now......I will give you a map!! Seriously!!!

cheers steve

PS I have soaked up the good weather....its raining now...but its not cold..thats good.
    Last edited by Steve B; 23-05-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Might c u up there roo.was going to go up tmorrow but its rainin and cold here so might put itoff.its only an hour away but i do like it dry. Might go catch a few big full mudcrabs instead. or prawns.
    chewy................

Here's hoping its dry for the long weekend chewy.
    Cheers Steve, i've been studiously pouring over the maps that i have already and re reading posts to study up on the things i need to look out for. Also did a bit of tooling with some plastics i've have in the box for a while. I cut the belly and removed the hook and weight from a few 6.5" Tsunami swim shads and massively lightend them(at least 2/3rds removed). also rigged one with a 6/0 megabite worm hook with a few split shots to keep it balanced and gave all the tails a trim with the scissors to make the tail more flexible for better wiggle at slow speeds. I played around with some 100mm slick rigs too, I found the 3/0 HW TT jigheads in 3/8oz or less fit inside them quite well, and the 5/0 HW TT's should fit very well up the guts of a 110 and 130 slickrigs too. All the hardbodys are prepped and ready to go. leader checked, plenty of 60lb. I've made a list of bits an pieces to pickup tomorrow from the lolly shop. will get some 80lb leader and a few slickrig tail packs. I need a bigger boat to fit all this gear in now.
    Countdown T-Minus 12 days, 12hours to lift off.