Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Perils of fishing Monduran alone Part 2

Re: Perils of fishing Monduran alone Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by whykickacatalong View Post
    Bugger me thats a nice fish and a top story catching it.

I told the wife to have a look at the pic and told her thats why I want to head back to Monduran over the next couple of months (after my September Awoonga trip got canned by work )

She just said "thats nice dear" and walked away

feel your pain mate, only a few of the fairer sex share our passion, thought I had mine there until the infamous "I'll throw your rod overboard" incident, still makes us laugh when we recall it.

Now days when she terrorizes me with her latest purchase of miracle face cream, I return fire with a 1/2 hour diatribe on the positive aspects of hook and split ring selection to obtain the perfect slow rise in a hardbody.
    We have mutually agreed to call it a draw
    cheers brian

Quote Originally Posted by whykickacatalong View Post
    Bugger me thats a nice fish and a top story catching it.

I told the wife to have a look at the pic and told her thats why I want to head back to Monduran over the next couple of months (after my September Awoonga trip got canned by work )

She just said "thats nice dear" and walked away
    whykickamoocow...great horse that!!

Mate, tell her SHE could catch one.....then tell her if she doesnt want barra then there is a beautiful beach nearby (bargara) and plenty of shopping (bundaberg) ....you might be in with a chance!!!!
    cheers steve....you can then catch barrra...and everyone is happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    you crack me up nagg
    Kim ...... Please , Tell Roo he needs to supply his bank details ...... to my Nigerean account manager ... Mustafa Ineedalotadoe ....... he's waiting to take your call right now !

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    whykickamoocow...great horse that!!

Mate, tell her SHE could catch one.....then tell her if she doesnt want barra then there is a beautiful beach nearby (bargara) and plenty of shopping (bundaberg) ....you might be in with a chance!!!!
    cheers steve....you can then catch barrra...and everyone is happy!!!
    Alister works for the RSPCA ...So hence the name ... Awoonga is still here mate ...and she,s got a bit more water in it since your last visit

Alister.

You guys do a brilliant job at the RSPCA. It can often be a thankless job!!!

thanks mate to you and all the hard working people at the RSPCA.

Steve.

Thanks, we at the RSPCA do try. Here is a recent pic of a rescue I did of an animal caught in some mangrove roots which I pulled out

Well maybe not hard at work that day as I squeezed in a quick lunchtime flick

Trev, Awoonga sounds like it's at a great level and I can only imagine some of the timber spots and drop offs you can get into at the moment, hence why I am peeved off I am missing the September Annual Fang meet. Never fear though, current negotiations hopefully will see me there for 5/6days at Awoonga/Monduran over new years/ beginning of January. Not the ideal time as I am assuming Awoonga will seem like the barra to fisho rate will be 2-1 but will take it if I can get it.