Thread: Daiwa luvias

Daiwa luvias

Just wondering what are your thought on the daiwa luvias and is the 08 model better then the old model ?
    And what would the old model be worth new ?
    any info would be great

cheers BK

Re: Daiwa luvias

I should be able to give you a review in a week or so, I just ordered a new luvia 2000. I have an old 2500 model (5 or 6 years old) which i love so should be able to make a reasonable but bias comparison.

The new luvia is replacing a td sol 2000.

Peter

BK
    I was given a luvias 3000 a couple of days ago (good friend eh, nearly fell over when I saw the reciept) havn't had it near the water yet, looks and feels nice. Looking forward to using it. I am interested to see what people think of them.
    Regards Wayne

got a 3000... havent used it yet either... all i can say that it is light and i'm still shopping for some line to put it on... MADE IN THAILAND though.. apparenlty new ones are going to be made in japan..

Hey Wayne ,does your mate need any more friends (lol) I wish I could aford one Airity and SOL are as far as my budget Stretches on reels.Rods are a different kettle of fish.
    Cheers and GREAT FISHING IAN

I have the new Luvias 1003 and it is has been a great reel so far. The only thing I am worried about is the longevity of the reel. Not sure what is made of but it does not feel as robust as say a Certate. I think the body is made of a composite metal that cuts down production cost, but they feel a bit more like plastic than metal. Only time will tell, but it has served me well so far.
    Don't play stupid with me...I'm better at it!

I picked up my new 2000 luvias last night & spooled it up 3lb fireline. I will be able to good a good report of it after the weekend as will have put it thru 2 days of comp fishing. It is a as smooth as my certate but just little lighter which i was after as it's a perfect balance for my Team Daiwa Zero rod. I just interested to see how smooth the drag system is on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Gump View Post
    I have the new Luvias 1003 and it is has been a great reel so far. The only thing I am worried about is the longevity of the reel. Not sure what is made of but it does not feel as robust as say a Certate. I think the body is made of a composite metal that cuts down production cost, but they feel a bit more like plastic than metal. Only time will tell, but it has served me well so far.
    Yeh Bubba ..... The new Luvius is made from a composite( plastic alloy) while the previous was airmetal ( cheaper material than airmetal ..... but still very rigid)
    I wouldn't be too concerned about the longevity though ......

Nagg

Ian, I forgot to mention the 3000 luvias was on a $500 G Loomis SMR882S-SP. $900 total, with a friend like that I'll keep him to my self LOL. My budget doesn't stretch that far either but as they say , never look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Regards Wayne

Fair call wayne .All of my rod reel combos run out to around1K(excluding line),thank goodness I don't have to purchase rods, like alladins cave here ,but at the moment I can't weight for our new bream/bass gear to arrive.Only need tpo get reels for them.Ian

BK i have had a 2500 luvias new model for a few months and love it, i run 8lb nitlon and have had no troubles. i also have a stradic and afta useing the luvias you dont wanna go back. cheese and chalk ! nick

Has anyone had time to compare the steez and exist ?Had a "feel" of them and they felt good but whats the big dif for the cash differential.
    Is it better to stick with the Luvias .Ian