Thread: Clarrie Hall Dam

Clarrie Hall Dam

We're going to be spending a couple of days on Clarrie Hall Dam and was after some advice on accommodation nearby as we'll be towing the caravan down.

We're self sufficient as we have a loo and toilet in the van so it doesn't necessarily have to be at a van park. "Camping" will be okay.

However if there is a decent caravan park nearby I'd love your recommendations.

Thanks heaps

Re: Clarrie Hall Dam

Leeann,
    I think the closest camping grounds would be in Murwillumbah somewhere. There arent camping facilities at the dam, and I dont beleive there is any at Uki.

Sorry I cant help you out more. Usually when I want to stay down there for a early start I stay at Tweed Heads. Its only a 40min drive but closer to food and fuel, etc.

Matt

Hi

We stay at the Mt Warning Campground near Uki. Really good place to camp, not bad to Caravan at I would think. Its actually a commercially run Campground Caravan Park. Has its own shop, hot showers etc

Not too far from Clarie

I don't actually know what it is called, but its on the Mt Warning Road.

Whichway
    Last edited by whichway; 13-05-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Had friends from Scotland stay at Misty Mountain -
    911 Kyogle Rd, Dum Dum, NSW 2484, Australia
    +61 2 6679 7071 -
    several years ago said it was very laid back and peaceful.Ithink it is a bit closer to the dam than the Mt Warning Park also seem to recall them saying that they have a stocked dam on property. May be worth a phone call. I cant find much about it on the net.
    Friends went there for the horseriding.
    Cheers
    Ray

Great info! I LOVE peaceful campsites!!!!!
    Cheers and good fishing

alot of bass

midginbill hill is the closest commercial campsite to cram's farm ramp, dont know if they allow caravans. give them a bell http://www.midginbilhill.com.au/enquiry.htm#content

Dont forget your sounder. Most people work the edge structure but my mate found a school in open water last week

Quote Originally Posted by rivermanau View Post
    midginbill hill is the closest commercial campsite to cram's farm ramp, dont know if they allow caravans. give them a bell http://www.midginbilhill.com.au/enquiry.htm#content

Dont forget your sounder. Most people work the edge structure but my mate found a school in open water last week
    I knew this place was around there somewhere but i couldn't remember what it was called. Looks like a fantastic spot.

Cheers Roo.

Quote Originally Posted by rivermanau View Post

Ta, Looked at the website the other day though the email address is out of date/doesn't work.

I'll pull my finger out and give them a phone call.

Cheers

Gday you two,

If you've got time to pick up a camera can you get me an overview shot of CH...I'm also chasing something similar on Hinze. Hi res jpegs are fine.

thanks

Leanne...The ABA ran the Bass Classic at Clarrie Hall 2 weeks with good catches being recorded. Alot of little fish were caught, but there are more and more 40+ specimens showing up.

Good luck on your weekend away!

Rod...What sort of pictures are you chasing of Clarrie Hall...I have a heap I could go through and send you a couple of you like.