Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Furuno Waranty

Re: Furuno Waranty

Quote Originally Posted by John Martin View Post
    Marco, call it what you want but it is all facts. People tend to interperet things in a way that best suites the outcome they desire but I prefer to stick to the facts. Just read the local distributors warranty that was posted on this site in the early stages. Again it is fact not misleading or scare mongering. Your earlier post telling people that technicains call you from the USA to sort out your issues is also fact in your case but certainly not standard practice. Ask any of the non authorised vendors if they can guarantee this kind of service?

Pat from Fishon Marine has advised me that Fishon Marine is NOT an authorised Furuno dealer and again I quote from his e-mail (again fact).... "Authorized Furuno Dealers have to have a brick and mortar store and offer service and installation. There are no Authorized Furuno Dealers selling internationally on the internet that I know of"........ he goes on to stress that he is not happy about local distributors not honouring warranty on equipment he sells. He also informed me that he will not sell the extended warranty service that he would like to offer as he cannot guarantee service in Australia. If you do not believe me take the time to do the research yourself and e-mail Pat at Fishon Marine.

Burley_Boy, I'm pleased it's not just me that does the sums and sees that in this instance there's no great savings (again using current Furuno pricing). Nice sounder and that price I may just impress the oldboy and get him the 585. I'll check with trymax what they can do.

I'm over this topic now.......it's time to move onto something a bit interesting.
    john,
    at what point has it been said that the local guy has to honor overseas warranty ?
    from a post by you quoting taylors policy is the point that they except no warranty responsibility unless prior authorization is received from overseas .

what i have seen in this thread is twisting of words and a lot of that is by you , all of the policies you have posted by furuno agencies are correct and spell it out clearly so by you misinterpreting the wording or putting up what if scenarios is what i call scare mongering .

the facts are that furuno usa support their products very well whether you by it from a authorized or non authorized dealer , and im sure pat from fishon did tell you that his furuno products are covered by warranty from furuno usa .

im also sure pat is not happy about taylor marine making it hard for anyone here to go to taylors as the first point of call for a usa product and that in my opinion is the wrong process anyway , if you buy it from the states then contact the states first and let them organize the local aussie guy to perform work on the usa behalf . that is the way it works . fact .

at the end of the day taylors have been reducing the pricing slowly since the end of 2006 and i have always had the opinion that on something like the 585 if the difference was 200 bucks dearer in aus than it was worth buying locally and going buy the tinnie show pricing it is better than that and taylors need to be commended and supported for doing the right thing .

so finishing up john it seems you and i can read the same document and get 2 different versions so lets agree to disagree then .

the suspicious side to me suggests you maybe in the marine industry , is this correct ?

cheers
    mark

Quote Originally Posted by marco View Post
    so finishing up john it seems you and i can read the same document and get 2 different versions so lets agree to disagree then .

the suspicious side to me suggests you maybe in the marine industry , is this correct ?

cheers
    mark
    marco, you're right, let's agree to disagree on a few minor points but I think generally we understand the policy of the manufacturers.

I wish I was in the marine industry as according to people on the forum they make squillions of dollars. Instead I'm a frustrated IT (Industrial Control Processing business) engineer whith a few good mates in the marine industry.

So, just before I sign off and for the record here's all I'm saying....."buy from whomever you want (local or O/S) but make as much effort looking for a bargain locally as you would overseas. You'll be suprised by the savings". According to my good friend at a prominent Qld dealership, he tells me that Taylor Marine only sell at RRP and do not offer a discount on the lower end gear. That they leave for the dealers which I have found to be quite negotiable.

cheers Johno

the only reason there prices have dropped so much is due to the amount of people buying os.when i bought mine i got the 585 plus a 1kw tranny for less then you could buy a 585 anywhere here.today i would probably buy here but at some stage they must have been stinging us big time.afterall there overheads are still the same ,the american price hasn,t changed much but the ozzy price has dropped $1000 in eighteen months.imo t.m are a bunch of theives and have only bent to market pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by brock smith View Post
    the only reason there prices have dropped so much is due to the amount of people buying os.when i bought mine i got the 585 plus a 1kw tranny for less then you could buy a 585 anywhere here.today i would probably buy here but at some stage they must have been stinging us big time.afterall there overheads are still the same ,the american price hasn,t changed much but the ozzy price has dropped $1000 in eighteen months.imo t.m are a bunch of theives and have only bent to market pressure.
    brock smith and you forgot (either conveniently or the penny simply does not drop) to mention that the Aussie $ has been (and still is) stronger now than it has ever been against the green back. Maybe this is why importers like Taylor marine have been able to reduce prices in Aus over the last 18 months.............or so Also plasma and LCD TV's, DSLR camera's etc etc are all cheaper at this moment thanks to our strong Aussie dollar (can you see the trend or do you need more convincing ). As mentioned in an earlier post and I believe the information is reliable feedback because I have heard it from more than one source. Taylors sells entry level gear at recommended retail prices. Just shop around at their many dealers right here in Aus and I'm sure you'll save I called Taylors for the price on a FCV620 and transom mount tranny and they were not prepared to budge. I'll probably be getting it from trymax in Brissy but first I want to see if there are any specials (or new models) being launched at the sanctuary cove boat show
    Last edited by John Martin; 18-05-2008 at 02:25 PM.

aussie dollar was 80c or close 18 months ago.the % change between then and now in the price of these units is far bigger then the dollar change.

Quote Originally Posted by brock smith View Post
    aussie dollar was 80c or close 18 months ago.the % change between then and now in the price of these units is far bigger then the dollar change.
    When last did anyone use 80c as a calculation to bring in gear from O/S? Anyways, according to some I've played "devils advocate" but all I've done is used some real facts backed by real calculations based on real prices and current exchange rates.

I think I've given this thread all I can and once again time to move on to more interesting things. It is certainly not my intention to convince anyone to do anything. Make your own choices and choose whatever you feel comfortable with as that decision is best for you and that's all what counts C Ya

Anyone know if there is a new sounder / plotter combo being launched by Furuno this year?

My calcs were quite specific in each detail so that if you got better freight or decided to skip GST then you could do your own comparison. I quoted the freight that I got the day I looked into it maybe I clicked something wrong who knows.
    I'm the sort of guy who does pay the GST when it applies so I simply saw no saving or reason not to support the Northside Marine dealer.
    What the comparison showed me was that in this case we're not getting fleeced so I was happy to part with the dollars locally.
    If we were getting done compared to US dealers then I'd be spittting chips as well.