Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Techni Ice Esky

Techni Ice Esky

Took delivery of a Techni Ice Esky, cannot believe the RRP and what you actually pay for it..... The quality of materials and workmanship is as good as most Eskies on the market..... The Techni Ice it self has yet to be tested, activated one sheet and froze it solid, unbelievable technology although the proof will be in the pudding..... Ant other members out there have this type of Esky...... Whitto

Re: Techni Ice Esky

Just got a 60ltr delivered myself mate, very impressed for the price. Holds ice very well and seals well. The sides dont seem quite as thick as a tropical but geez for the dollars difference you wouldn't go past the techni ice. The lid is very well insulated.

Very impressed thumbs up from me. I'll be looking at a bigger 1 in the future.

Jas

I have got 2 150lt techni ice eskies won on ebay and delivered for $300 the pair... And they work well for 2-3day wide trip... I always put a wet sack over the ice in any fishing esky it helps that bit extra... my only problem with them is they won't sell me a mackerel box at the same price.buggar
    IFISHCQ2

I got a techni, works a treat. Better than your kmart eski! Anyhow, its like all eski's, pack your ice right and you will get a week out of it no problem. Dump 10 bags of party ice in and it will last 3 days.

Cut up the techni ice packs first into little single pieces as well, they fill in around bottles etc even better..................

Garry

TheReadAndy, how do you pack your ice mate? Are you talking about using dry ice etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    I got a techni, works a treat. Better than your kmart eski! Anyhow, its like all eski's, pack your ice right and you will get a week out of it no problem. Dump 10 bags of party ice in and it will last 3 days.
    Im assuming u don't use the Techni ice sheets only the normal garden variety party or block ice, Was there an issue with the Techni ice sheets not lasting or something else....... Whitto

I've got a 100lt techni , holds ice 4-5 days no probs .

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    TheReadAndy, how do you pack your ice mate? Are you talking about using dry ice etc ?
    Yeah mate, dry ice and normal ice. Make sure you keep any water from the normal ice away from the dry ice. Normally, any water near the dry ice will freeze anyway, but I reckon it reduces the life of the dry ice. I normally try to prop the dry ice up on something to keep it of the bottom. Once day I will make a plastic stand for it

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Im assuming u don't use the Techni ice sheets only the normal garden variety party or block ice, Was there an issue with the Techni ice sheets not lasting or something else....... Whitto
    Nah mate. The stuff works fine though. It lasts just as long as party ice, but it wont last a week. I use dry ice and party ice. The dry ice will last a week no problem, party ice helps keep it cool and is usually what you can buy to top it up.

Next time I go for a week I might try it, and keep cycling through the waeco to keep it frozen.

I have just bought another 10 sheets of Techni Ice from the US, paid $22.20 all up for 10 sheets, no way you would pay that in AU, That will give me 16 sheets to keep things cool........Whitto

Had the techni ice sheets for a couple of years and they work well one thing to be aware of when they start to thaw any other liquid around will tend to be absorbed into sheets so if you have some fish in esky sheets will start to smell fishy.try puting them in plastic bags or container of there own .I hose down after use and hang in sun to dry then refreze. Bunnings have flat containers you can fill with water and freeze dual purpose drink when liquid. I make a salt water solution for 2 and plain water for 2 well marked. Hope this helps.Bruce

Where do you obtain dry ice for use in an esky? Is it expensive?

THere is a place at hemmant, think called brisbane ice works. I should know because I have done work for them before!! BE warned, the stuff is not cheap and you should only use it if you are going away for around 5 days or more. I have a feeling bcf sell it now too, but dont quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Took delivery of a Techni Ice Esky, cannot believe the RRP and what you actually pay for it..... The quality of materials and workmanship is as good as most Eskies on the market..... The Techni Ice it self has yet to be tested, activated one sheet and froze it solid, unbelievable technology although the proof will be in the pudding..... Ant other members out there have this type of Esky...... Whitto
    Whitto,
    how would you compare it to say a waeco, eva, or tropical ice boxes?
    John