Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Techni Ice Esky

Lightbulb Re: Techni Ice Esky

Quote Originally Posted by johnny roger View Post
    so just going off the track a little bit...after reading most of the threads about how to handle fish etc. you have to put them in an ice slurry or in some party ice after killing them. so if you were going out for the day, that would mean you would have to carry 2 eskys? one for you, and one for the fish? yeah yeah i know this is a really silly question.....
    John
    Nonsense! lob the tinnies in the slurry, beutiful.

As for dry ice either a camp floor tile cut to size or rubber floor matting from Clark Rubber to keep it up of the bottom this also saves smashing the arse of your glass esky if you drop a block in it.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Re: Techni Ice Esky

Anyone have an icey-tek?? I have a blue 90lt Icey-tek and have been thinking about one of the mackeral boxes from Techni Ice. Was wondering if they were about the same. Definately seems a lot cheaper with the techni ice ones.

Hate to say it, but white is the only colour to buy. For day use or overnight the darker colours are ok, but they do love to absorb heat and your ice will not last as long.

Yellows not to bad,tends to reflect better than the darker colours,But as you said white is the best.Dirt vs effectivness is the compremise.
    Cheers
    Reidy

I have a Yellow Techni Ice.....It works great....generally use 2x 4kg blokes and for a 3 day trip to Monduran there is plenty of ice doing it's job.......as far as the techni ice sheets there good for a couple of days

I have had 2 big suckers for a couple of years and they are excellent - you simply cannot beat the value I reckon.

Cheers

Caboolture Ice just off the bruce highway also sells dry ice (48 hrs notice), block ice and party ice that lasts. perfectly placed if ur heading up the coast. Ur right Andy is not cheap but if u wanna freeze stuff or keep it frozen, its the only way to go!