Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quicky Monduran update

Quicky Monduran update

Gday all!
    Just a quicky update on Monduran Tue's Wed's Thurs this week.
    Got on water Tuesday arvo zoomed around to the left creek up the B arm for a look see and pretty much started fishing the shallows straight away' Looked the goods as there were plenty of bait fish around' Before long started getting lookers on 5” Berkley Hollow body swimbaits rigged weedless Missed the first few Barra but the Caties stayed on. After numerous hits by mainly Caties I finaly got a Barra to stick.... went on to get a few more that arvo' Wednesday started out slow early morning but turned it on as the day warmed up with some good fish caught..... mainly in the shallows 2 to 8 feet and most fell to rubbers rigged weedless tossed around on the new Egrell S-10 that i picked up from Foxie's on the way up' Very interesting trying to use a spin rod after so many years with out one . Only a few landed on hard bodies lures @ around 4” long. Thursday seen the fish very flighty and in a funny mood and it's quiet frustrating to say the least' when big Barra fire off in all directions when a lightly landed rubber touches down! Ended up going to noisy lures like the 3 feet Barra Classics and 1 mtr scorpions to land a few and pull the hooks on a few more. Tied on a B52 after a few hrs of nothing and it payed off straight up with the lure going by by's to a 50 lb plus model via line failure!! A few more good fish landed up to $1:18 before pulling up stumps.
    Water temp was OK for this time of the year @ around 22-23.8 'C in most places.
    Better go as the girl wants the puta!

Cheers Les
    Last edited by McCod; 09-05-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Re: Quicky Monduran update

Sounds like a good trip mate, thanks for the report!

For a hardbody man your definitely getting a bit soft, good to see

Take care,
    Matt C

PS See if you can get a hold of and try the big 7inch BassAssassins, I like the way they work!

Great to see you are getting amongst them Les.....not sure there is much more you can do with the soft touchdowns and scaring off fish .......maybe try pitching or flipping a few placcies in your drop zone........low trajectory, silent entry.

Top fish by the way too.

Cheers
    Paul

Thanks for the report Les, missed u at the M&G, We did a final session Monday morning around B, same water temps as u found, We started on the Friday arvo through to the Monday morning with each day getting better temp wise, alot of inquiries and some Barra following the lure to the boat, plenty of bait around but not in every bay for some reason certainly alot of barra activity early, Thanks again for your report as your time was a continuation of where we left off, Keep practicing Les cause u will get real good at this Barra thing Cheers Whitto

$1:18
    I like the way you said that.
    Great fishing.
    Cheers,
    Johnny Mitch

118, thats a good fish Les, very nooice indeedy.
    thanks for the up-date, it keeps me keen
    cheers
    brian

Thanks Les,

Great report mate, you are certainly going to crack this plastics code wide open at this pace.

I very nearly called you over the weekend for one last mid week fish before I head back into employment next week. Looks like I missed the chance.

Glad you like the S10 mate, nice stick and loads of grunt where you need it.

I never got around to posting a report on our Awoonga / Cania trip either, so PM me an email address if you want any photo's from Awoonga.

Cheers, Steve

good work les, thats a fat $1.18...could it be brians avatar all grownd up..??
    thanks for the update...deano.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    cheers
    brian
    how long was that fat fish in your avatar anyways brian..??

Great report Les. Gives us all hope for cooler weather barra fishing in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    how long was that fat fish in your avatar anyways brian..??

118 on the nose Deano, mite be the same fish mate. would have liked to get more/better pics, but I was fishin solo, in the rain, and was more concerned bout getting her back in the water.
    My first over a meter, and still my PB, pulled out of the wood work up the back of H on a black 10+ gaddens
    sorry Les for heading off course with the thread
    Last edited by BR65; 09-05-2008 at 10:31 PM.

118 on the nose Deano, mite be the same fish mate. would have liked to get more/better pics, but I was fishin solo, in the rain, and was more concerned bout getting her back in the water.
    My first over a meter, and still my PB, pulled out of the wood work up the back of H on a black 10+ gaddens
    good work in the wood..bet the fat bugger didnt jump to high..

cheers
    brian
    I keep heading toward the shed Brian to hook the boat up and have too remind myself that I just got home, I tell ya I won't take much, Whitto

Throw a few under arm les and try to skim the plastics i find it helps a bit on spooky fish of late. The skim slows the plastic down and its not falling from a great height. Hitting the spot takes a little practice though.
    Cheers Moggy

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    I keep heading toward the shed Brian to hook the boat up and have too remind myself that I just got home, I tell ya I won't take much, Whitto
    whitto, I havent unpacked from last week end, ready to go now mate